Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2004 Lancer ralliart keeps blowing fuse #1 in the dash -no start issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Lancer ralliart keeps blowing fuse #1 in the dash -no start issue

Hello
and thanks for taking the time to read my thread .I just purchased 04 ralliart that died on the highway and will not start.The seller and i initially tought that the t-belt broke but thats not the issue.I have good compression across all a4 cylinders but there is no spark and no injector pulse.All fuses in the engine compartment are good ,all engine related one have power with key "on" .Fuse #1 in the dash was blown and will blow right away if replaced .I unplugged the ecu and the front ecu fuse still blows .what will be this fuse for ?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ivkata
Hello
and thanks for taking the time to read my thread .I just purchased 04 ralliart that died on the highway and will not start.The seller and i initially tought that the t-belt broke but thats not the issue.I have good compression across all a4 cylinders but there is no spark and no injector pulse.All fuses in the engine compartment are good ,all engine related one have power with key "on" .Fuse #1 in the dash was blown and will blow right away if replaced .I unplugged the ecu and the front ecu fuse still blows .what will be this fuse for ?
If you have a multi meter check for continuity between the source side of fuse 1 and the chassis if no continuity check between output side and chassis. You're shorting out somewhere, if you don't know specifically what that fuse goes to you might have to just follow the wires. Also check your FSM in the electrical section it should help you figure out exactly where fuse 1 goes to.