Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

upstream o2 sensor wire colors,engine side

Old Mar 17, 2015, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upstream o2 sensor wire colors,engine side

Ok, So i have been looking through this site for hours trying to find out what the stock wire colors are for the O2 sensor. Not the sensor wires itself. The wires from the loom leading up to the plug to plug int the sensor.

See, the thing is, the wires were cut from the loom itself,there is 2 miscolored wires plus a green shielded wire that was cut to reveal two wires, a black and white one..... Then those wires were spliced together by four others wires connected to a plug,that,yes has totally different color wires too.

I know it sounds complicated, but im just trying to find the actual wires that run to the o2 sensor. This green shielded wire with two wires within are confusing me.. why they would add two red wires to the black and white ones. Is this green thick shielded wire factory? or should i just rip of the tape and plastic crap and trace the wires?

I cant really drive the car due to not having the upstream o2 sensor in.. No idle, rich as sin, sounds like a diesel... I thought i had the wires hooked up right,after researching. Hooked the battery back up, car started fine. Today, i go to tighten up my exhaust since i just got done finishing up the welds, go to start it and it doesnt idle, runs richer than usual.

Any guidance would be great. Im going to go out to the garage now to start tracing the wires farther.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok update*** I think i figured it out, I undid the tape from the extra wires and traced each one down. Than I took a look at my o2 sensor wires. Undid the tape where i had soldered and found two wires were loose/ disconnected. OOps. I moved them this morning to tuck them away from the turbo, must of pulled or pushed to where the wires came loose. Or at least that's what Im hoping. I just got done hanging my exhaust, so im gonna smoke a lil to celebrate st pattys day, and re solder the wires.

Still would like a verification of the colors of the 4 wires that connect to the o2 plug for knowledge. Thanks.,