Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Stripped hood latch bolt ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stripped hood latch bolt ?

I asked this question on RRM's facebook page and thy told me to call rob to see what can be done but I wont beable to call till Friday.
I want to ask here if any had anything similar experiances

This is what is on car atm:

my hood has a stripped bolt that attaches from the hood latch to the hood that is loose and wont come out so i can tighten
it to stop it from shaking and prevent it from breaking all together.. bolt cant be unscrewed or screwed, its just stuck. This hood i have is
from the now defunct/bankrupt accolade company. I bought this hood and matching front bumper from a
evom member here long ago. Only place I found a exact match is the carbontrix evo7 conversion kit for 02-03 lancer from RRM as it is the same as
of the accolade one i have.

Question is, is it possible/smart to save the hood by *attempting* to drill out the stripped bolt and thread in a new one to secure the hood
or just replace the hood altogether and keep the front bumper? another option is
as a last resort is to scrap the hood and bumper ( evo 7 style i had for longest time, loved it to death and beyond ) and get a oem hood and re-install the old
ken style front bumper i had on my car that came off the rrm drag lancer ( i still have that front bumper, in good shape and sitting in my garage ).
I would like to save it if I can...

This is what it would be if I went back to oem hood and use the ken front ( but I would get carbonfiver hood instead )
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
after some time, this is what i ended up with....that old bolt went to ****, had to pull whole thing out.. hood is fine no cracks when i
drilled this out, now i gotta figure out how to fix it.. hood can be reinstalled and it holds up with 3 just fine

found instructions on how to fix this here-> Post #4
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...c_location=ufi

so, im gonna give it a shot ( didn't see any1 try this before here to the point of saving a hood ) and go for the save.
I figure its worth a shot and fix/save the hood vs buying a new one from rrm from the evo7 kit..

Last edited by OZR_Lancer; Apr 17, 2015 at 10:50 PM.