Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Electric Systems shutting down left and right

Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric Systems shutting down left and right

I have a 2008 Lancer ES.

A couple months back, my key fob stopped unlocking my doors and trunk. I figured I needed to have it re-programmed. Haven't had time to do it.

Then my bluetooth buttons stopped working on my steering wheel a month later.

And now today, my volume buttons don't work, and I don't think my aux power in the center console is working either.

I have had this car since 2010 and never had a problem, but all the sudden, its one thing after the next and I'm worried I'm headed for disaster. Are these issues connected? I'm really not trying to pay this dealer $250 "to look at it" you gotta be kidding me.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Shane
I have a 2008 Lancer ES.

A couple months back, my key fob stopped unlocking my doors and trunk. I figured I needed to have it re-programmed. Haven't had time to do it.

Then my bluetooth buttons stopped working on my steering wheel a month later.

And now today, my volume buttons don't work, and I don't think my aux power in the center console is working either.

I have had this car since 2010 and never had a problem, but all the sudden, its one thing after the next and I'm worried I'm headed for disaster. Are these issues connected? I'm really not trying to pay this dealer $250 "to look at it" you gotta be kidding me.
wrong section dude, might have better luck in the forum appropriate for your year/generation of lancer...I have zero experience with the 2008+ lancers, while engines have not changed much, the accessory and electrical systems are vastly different...we don't have the luxury of Bluetooth :P