Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

no turn or hazard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no turn or hazard

04 ES Just got this home today and need help on where to start. Turn signals and hazards do not work. No flash, click, nothing. I was reading some posts about a module

Part No: MR530918 / CONTROL UNIT, TIME & ALARM

Could this be it? Where is it? any way to test it?

Thanks looking forward to fixing it up.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 04:00 PM

OK I know where the unit is.

Are you supposed to be able to push out on windshield and have it move easily?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
The ETACS ECU controls the flash and hazard, and is behind your in-car fuse panel...I'm not sure what you mean by pushing on the windshield.....
Old Feb 26, 2017, 03:34 AM

Thanks, I found the ETACS what does this stand for, I mean each letter must be short for something. Is this the only option I have is to replace this if hazards and turn signals are not working? Not that it will be hard just trying to get a consensus that this is a common problem and fix. This is a father son project and I want to make sure it all works for him. First picture is the car. Second picture is the windshield with me pushing out with my left hand while taking a picture with my right. Windshield is cracked and will need replaced that is why I even pushed on it to begin with, looks like it will come out easy...LOL I would welcome wheel suggestions and pictures, Not looking for top dollar wheels.

Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Electronic Total Automotive Control System...yes it controls the hazard and signal lights.

no the windshield should not move...it is mounted with polyurethane, so it should remain flexible, but should not be easy to move around...does it leak?
The following users liked this post:
04ES (Feb 28, 2017)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 02:48 AM

Previous owner said it had a leak but did not know from where. Is it common for the ETACS to fail? PO said the horns were going off one day and he disconnected them. I reconnected them and no horn, but the relay in the fuse box is clicking. I guess I'll test the horns next.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 01:38 PM

I tested the horns they work if you put voltage to them. If you push steering wheel just the relay clicks. Is this also the ETACS? What part number am I looking for?

Last edited by 04ES; Feb 28, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 02:31 AM

So far I really like how it's engineered. Put an engine in a F150 this time last year. I think I used my life time supply of cuss words.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:37 PM

Found thread about kick panel connectors. Took a look and a few pins were green. Cleaned it all up the best I could but no change.

Anyone have the schematic of those wires in the kick panel. If the green ones were blinkers or hazard I would say I am on to something.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 02:17 PM

Thanks Cranswick for the help. It was corroded wires in the drivers kick panel. Turn signal one had rotted off. turn and hazard work! Horn works at first I had connectors upside down. PO had said the horn was just going off one day. I only cut about half a dozen wires and skipped connector before I found broken one. Left it at that. It would be a pain to do them all. Washer motor started with just a tap tap. Wheels clearly don't fit rotors but they were going anyway.

Slack in tie rod but not out at the rotor?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I'm glad you got it sorted out, it sounds like the leaking windshield is likely the cause of the corroded connectors... Do you mean the steering has play, but not at the tie rod end? the inner tie rod (the tie rod itself) may need to be replaced...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 03:47 AM

Seems like the inner tie rod. We were given this car because the PO took it to a shop and the bill was more than they were willing to invest. Inner and outer tie rods were on the list. Went to the junk yard and found a washer fluid reservoir cap, was missing. Passenger side mirror. Was looking for wheels. Now that the electrical stuff is worked out and the missing parts have been acquired. It's time to buy parts.