Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

ALL MEMBERS: Vendor Classifieds Posting Rules

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2002, 10:30 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ALL MEMBERS: Vendor Classifieds Posting Rules

This section is setup to allow all registered vendors the opportunity to sell items through Lancer Forums. These vendors have registered their information and pay a small monthly fee for access to create threads in these forums.

Because members have the ability to post in created threads, we ask that you do not mention any competing companies. If you do not like the quoted price feel free to pm, email, or call, the vendor to discuss this, but do not quote other store prices. Doing so would allow non-registered vendors to take advantage of this forum and we do not want that to occur.

Due to the unbelievable number of negative posts we are receiving in the classifieds we are now ONLY allowing posts with the following content:

1. Post contains relevant technical knowledge pertaining to the product being sold by the vendor.
2. Post contains relevant questions about the product.

If a post contains anything other than the above it will be deleted asap and you may be warned by a member of our staff. Furthermore, a post that contains negative comments in addition to the above content may be edited by a staff member. Please remember that products will only be available when there is an interest. If members continue to question vendor prices, eventually there won't be any products for the Lancer at all.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by KK; Dec 1, 2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 12:10 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Rules have been updated. Please read them carefully.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Good rules. The Vendor reviews are there for a reason, people.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by StreetLancer
Good rules. The Vendor reviews are there for a reason, people.
Agree, it should be products talk only.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

I understand the rules, but do have a question. How or what is your approach to vendors who are blantently overcharging for items they sell? I realize they are either paying sponsors or valid vendors, but I would imagine this site is based on the community, and should be one to help each other. Just a question, as I see a few items that are almost 80$ overpriced..

Thx.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:57 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Vendors have the right to sell for as much as they would like and customers have the right to not pay if they feel it's overpriced, but we don't want threads getting cluttered with arguments over the price of a product vs. more pertinent items.

There's no monopoly on selling products on the site, so finding the reasonable price and shopping around is always possible.

Mark
Old Jul 7, 2003, 07:34 PM
Account Disabled

KK,

Good reply to the overprice. As a vedor on this site an as one for a living, I and I'm sure most reputable vendors are fair in their pricing. I have the opposite problem, one that consumers like, but business people with any real ''business sense" hate, that being selling on price alone. It never works, all it does is make the good vendor look like a bad guy. But when the "low price leader" is gone, who will still be standing? There is no future in NO PROFIT!!

I wish I could give deals to everyone, but I'd be out of business if I did that. So I try to price fair for both the customer and my bottom line. Thanks to those who understand and support this site by buying from the reputable vendors.