Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

is it just me...

Old Sep 21, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it just me...

or do most mercdes and mose bmws look exactly the same? i mean i go to the mercedes website just for fun to look at the cars. and im lookin thru the models and most of them look exactly the same. the only difference i see it the damn headlights, power under the hood, and price. has anyone else noticed that?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

It's the corporate identity... Now car companies are looking to have their line-ups look very similar. Its not just with BMW and Benz either. Notice how much like the Endeavor the 2004 Lancer is gonna look like? Or how the new Pontiac GTO has a Grand Am nose on it?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Danny Boy
It's the corporate identity... Now car companies are looking to have their line-ups look very similar. Its not just with BMW and Benz either. Notice how much like the Endeavor the 2004 Lancer is gonna look like? Or how the new Pontiac GTO has a Grand Am nose on it?
but i dont understand it. why? whats the point? if you want people to buy the expensive why not make them look different?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

i'm sure they do lots of research on what would attract buyers. generally though, numbers speak for themselves. despite very similar looking cars, merc and bmw has enjoyed a sales success(maybe not on 7 series). they will change their mind if people stop buying. untill then, expect to familiar lines from all of thier products
Old Sep 21, 2003, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

expect to SEE familiar lines... typo
Old Sep 21, 2003, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

yea i guess that makes sense. i dont know why people just dont buy the cheaper model if it looks so much the same as the more expensive models(unless of course you want performance and you want the biggest baddest engine but for mercedes most people just look for pimp value). i mean i would love to see a pure sports car from them(not like the roadster, but something more like the bmw one or something like the evo ). btw if you have a type there is an edit button that you can click and of course, edit your post