Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What cars can the Ralliart beat (Drag Racing)???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What cars can the Ralliart beat (Drag Racing)???

Just a curious question?

Integra Typr - R?
Civic SiR?
Golf GTI?
Honda Prelude?
Toyota Celica - GTS
Mazda 3

Any Suggestions??????

Last edited by enjoku; Jan 5, 2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

civic si, prelude(auto), mazda3,
the real type-r integra are fast. and if GTI is 1.8T.. those are hella fast as well. 99's civic si arnt that fast stock..not sure about the celica gts and the mazda3 are the brand new car..but from the spec... should be able to beat! ha.. and heh i just dont like prelude.. they are fast car but just not fast enough preludes really heavy...
well thos are just my .02 so dont take it so seriously
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

ohh youre from the oc? i think my friend saw you at his work. microcenter in irvine
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Re: What cars can the Ralliart beat (Drag Racing)???

Originally posted by enjoku
Just a curious question?

Integra Typr - R?
Civic SiR?
Golf GTI?
Honda Prelude?
Toyota Celica - GTS
Mazda 3

Any Suggestions??????

RalliArts will beat a Mazda 3, they'll hammer Celica GTS's (the Celicas are ****ing slow) whoever tells you otherwise is stupid. Especially stock. And considering you didn't say with mods, I'd assume you meant "stock". It will beat the SI's, SI Civics are far over rated. The Integra Type-R is fast, but it too is over rated. If you have a good driver in the RA and a decent driver in the Type-R the Lancer will win. I think Type R's run high 14's to low 15's stock don't they? The Prelude SH's I think will beat the RalliArt but the RalliArt will beat the NON-SH models. And the Golf GTI is the VR6 right? The VR6 is hella hot.

But ya, with a few mods, my turbo I plan to get once they're available and a few other things I'll have my RA running mid to high 12's.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:24 PM

Re: Re: What cars can the Ralliart beat (Drag Racing)???

Originally posted by MitsuLancer04

RalliArts will beat a Mazda 3, they'll hammer Celica GTS's (the Celicas are ****ing slow) whoever tells you otherwise is stupid. Especially stock. And considering you didn't say with mods, I'd assume you meant "stock". It will beat the SI's, SI Civics are far over rated. The Integra Type-R is fast, but it too is over rated. If you have a good driver in the RA and a decent driver in the Type-R the Lancer will win. I think Type R's run high 14's to low 15's stock don't they? The Prelude SH's I think will beat the RalliArt but the RalliArt will beat the NON-SH models. And the Golf GTI is the VR6 right? The VR6 is hella hot.

But ya, with a few mods, my turbo I plan to get once they're available and a few other things I'll have my RA running mid to high 12's.
Wow...

A properly driven Celica GT-S will run 14.8-15.2 in the 1320ft, close to 15.0 the majority of the time. I think that the best stock time is 14.7, powershifted with a great launch. The Celica has pretty much the same power:weight ratio as an RSX-S, so both cars are, not surprisingly, running almost identical stock times. www.newcelica.org . It is not slow, but it isn't all that easy to drive, either. Fall out of lift on the 1-2 shift and you're looking at a 15.2+ quarter mile time. I guess you could consider this, as you so eloquently put it, "****ing slow", but then I guess you would consider the Ralliart "****ing slow" as well as the Preludes. ITRs run ~14.7 stock (this is a good time but not the best out there) and can outrun the Celica, so it will probably outrun the Ralliart, though not by much. A MT Prelude will run low 15s with a decent driver so it should also be a good race. There is absolutely NO power difference between the base and SH models of Preludes. The SH is actually a hair slower because of it's greater weight (less than 100lbs, IIRC) due to the traction control devices that give it it's added nimbleness over the base model (SH = super handling). All of the cars above should be close enough where it comes down to the driver as the deciding factor in a race. Automatic versions of these cars are much, much slower than the MT versions, so keep this in mind if you line up to one at the strip. Golf GTI's run low to mid 15s in both the VR6 and 1.8T flavors, though the 1.8T is easily modded and can be running much, much faster. A Civic SiR will run mid/high15s or even in the 16s, so should be no problem for the average RalliArt, either.

Well, there you go. I don't think I'm stupid just because I think that a Lancer RalliArt vs. Celica GT-S will be a good race, I just think that I've done my research, while you most definitely have not.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ Thank you, I too think that the celica gts will be a good match. I think that MitsuLancer has way too high of regard for the RA. Don't get me wrong, I drive one as well and I really like it, but you can't act like none of the other cars in its class are comparable. I think there are plenty of cars that will match or beat the RA in it's class. I also think that when people get these 1/4 numbers they are from all sorts of sources so you have to think that these numbers are probably in the range of +/- a sec or so due to different driver styles and such.

Stephen
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:39 PM

Most of the numbers that I found are on the low end of the 1/4 mile range for a car. Most drivers will do anywhere from +.2s to +1.0s on these times depending on the car, as most people don't pull off the perfect launch every time and some cars are much harder to drive than others. It all comes down to the driver. A Pinto could beat a Viper at the track if the Pinto has an awesome driver and the Viper has an old, crotchety man too senile to remember how to shift driving. Numbers can only tell you so much. The best advice I can give you is to go out there and see what happens. Have fun and remember to keep it safe.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: What cars can the Ralliart beat (Drag Racing)???

Originally posted by PoorCollegeKid

Wow...

A properly driven Celica GT-S will run 14.8-15.2 in the 1320ft, close to 15.0 the majority of the time. I think that the best stock time is 14.7, powershifted with a great launch. The Celica has pretty much the same power:weight ratio as an RSX-S, so both cars are, not surprisingly, running almost identical stock times. www.newcelica.org . It is not slow, but it isn't all that easy to drive, either. Fall out of lift on the 1-2 shift and you're looking at a 15.2+ quarter mile time. I guess you could consider this, as you so eloquently put it, "****ing slow", but then I guess you would consider the Ralliart "****ing slow" as well as the Preludes. ITRs run ~14.7 stock (this is a good time but not the best out there) and can outrun the Celica, so it will probably outrun the Ralliart, though not by much. A MT Prelude will run low 15s with a decent driver so it should also be a good race. There is absolutely NO power difference between the base and SH models of Preludes. The SH is actually a hair slower because of it's greater weight (less than 100lbs, IIRC) due to the traction control devices that give it it's added nimbleness over the base model (SH = super handling). All of the cars above should be close enough where it comes down to the driver as the deciding factor in a race. Automatic versions of these cars are much, much slower than the MT versions, so keep this in mind if you line up to one at the strip. Golf GTI's run low to mid 15s in both the VR6 and 1.8T flavors, though the 1.8T is easily modded and can be running much, much faster. A Civic SiR will run mid/high15s or even in the 16s, so should be no problem for the average RalliArt, either.

Well, there you go. I don't think I'm stupid just because I think that a Lancer RalliArt vs. Celica GT-S will be a good race, I just think that I've done my research, while you most definitely have not.
Yeah.... what he said. Well maybe I'm thinking about the 97 Celica GT-S's? Or are they any different from their newer models? I had a 3rd Gen SI Prelude and I beat a GT-S without any problems at all and I think the Prelude probably ran a mid 15 so that's why I said the RA would have no problems with it. Who knows, could've been the driver (most likely) but it wasn't an Auto so that was not the issue. And as far as SH's I'm totally shocked. I could have sworn on my life that SH's had a bigger motor and are alot faster. I've had people tell me it would be POINTLESS to get a Prelude unless it was an SH (which are hard to find) You obviously researched, I simply went with what I thought, and with what was off the top of my head.

Good knowledge on your part
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:58 PM

Im still kinda wondering what would win my integra gsr or my RA, my integra has CAI, cat back exaust with a stright pipe, im pretty sure it would be a good race if my RA had the same mods, but who knows
Old Jan 5, 2004, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

rsx's

well RalliArt came close to my my 2000 Mustang with the following mods

-Cobra Hood
-Cobra SVT chrome rims.
-GT rear Sway bar,
-Bullit Gas cap,
-MACSprings
-Tokico front struts/ rear shocks.
-MAC High Flow cat H pipe with Duel muffler
-Saleen S281 wing

(Most mods wont do anything, but wanted to brag alittle hahaha )

i was personally very surprised about it, i did'nt know the amount of weight (Mustang = Huge load of ****) and how much power i seem to lose who auto, it was a very good run, but i stll won the small race

what i really want to know is, will the RalliArt be able to take a RSX and type-s'. I did have a incident where i raced a type-s with my stang, and i would say the Ralliart was closer to winning, but our cars had a rolling start (might make a big difference, it might not)
Old Jan 5, 2004, 08:26 PM
Dew

all i know is that it will toast a Civic Si, that from my own personal comparisons and from numerous road tests ive seen
Old Jan 6, 2004, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Well in the MitsuLancer's "class" they are: Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Pointiac Sunfire, Honda Civic, Hyundai Accent, and Dodge SW2.0. Celica should be in the Prelude class. All im saying is that MitsuLancer is the best out of the price range.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

No way that car can even come close to the ITR. I personally had one and ran 14.30 consistently! I had Intake, and full exhuast... nothing really serious.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by Dew
all i know is that it will toast a Civic Si, that from my own personal comparisons and from numerous road tests ive seen
I have an 03 Si that I paid 16k for and one of my friends just bought an 04 RalliArt...when we get some miles on both of them we're gonna take em out and run. I'm sure he'll pull on me with the higher torque numbers but it should be fun...especially from a roll where the launch is moot. I'll give a heads up when that happens. But regardless, I think the RalliArt is a nice car and if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my Si I would definitely have one in my driveway!
Good looking out PoorCollegeKid...Celica GTS' are nice and quick but hard to drive... I agree...but get an experienced guy/gal behind the wheel and they can really squeeze the potential. It'd be a nice run none the less.

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; Jan 6, 2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Jesse00
Well in the MitsuLancer's "class" they are: Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Pointiac Sunfire, Honda Civic, Hyundai Accent, and Dodge SW2.0. Celica should be in the Prelude class. All im saying is that MitsuLancer is the best out of the price range.
what about sentra's?

Personally its all a drivers race with most of the cars listed... u should add v6 mustang to that list too lol....

Quick Reply: What cars can the Ralliart beat (Drag Racing)???