Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What car TICKS YOU OFF on the interstate? ;)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German cars and Hyundais. For some reason, their blind spot radar systems make my V1 go into panic mode. Annoying.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by .M.
People talking/texting on their phones and NOT paying attention to the road at all. I actually saw a lady flip her car on a exit ramp because she was talking on her phone and driving way to fast. And yes, I pulled over and called 911. She was perfectly fine (seat belt). The car was upside down though. Crazy.
Least you stopped. I got rear ended back in August (on a 6 lane interstate) and not a single person stopped. Probably 500 cars easily drove by as we were moving the cars off the road.

The woman that hit me in the rear immediately starts folding her clothes that were in the back seat. Didn't ask me how I was and pretty much made sure she folded all her clothes that spilled out of a hamper when she wrecked into me. That was *far* more important than any harm she may have caused to my car.

Reading your post at least makes me happy some people out there are nice and stop for those types of things. I was blown away how many people drove by looking at me like I was a squirrel in the road.... getting their cars close to me as if I'm just in their way and annoying. Thankfully no one was hurt but of course it's my birthday next week and I have to drop $1000 to pick up the car Wednesday and this wasn't even my fault.

Stupid humans.

Last edited by acidtonic; Sep 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 03:43 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
^She actually started to panic and asked me for help. She was so shocked, she didn't know what to do (hanging upside down). She wasn't hurt so I told her to undo her seat belt, roll down the window, and crawl out. I couldn't get in since the windows were up and obviously the doors wouldn't open. So I talked her through it. Fire department showed up shortly after. It was crazy.

Oh and I HATE taxi's.

Last edited by .M.; Sep 23, 2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

To all the truck/semi bashing:

Passing while going slow up hills: For most company trucks, letting off the throttle and not passing means never getting that speed back until you crest the hill. That means if you are going 47 and the guy in front is going 43, and you slow down to get behind him, you will be going 40 the rest of the way up the hill. When you are being paid by the mile, you go as fast as you legally can as often as you can. Most truck drivers are NOT paid by the hour.

The sad thing, those trucks have more torque and power than you could ever dream of. They could easily pull their 80,000lb truck at 80MPH up that hill. But companies decide how much power a truck has, and they lower it to save fuel. (Which, btw, even tuned down the way they are in an attempt to save fuel, they still only manage 5 mpg average)

Trucks left turning in front of you: This can be a lot of things. Could be a new driver that over estimates his ability to turn. Could be they misjudged your speed. Could be they've sat there for 15 minutes waiting to turn and finally said screw it. Could be they didn't see you (you always have that stupid grey car on a cloudy/rainy day without their headlights on not realizing they are almost invisible). Could be they're just jerks, every group of people does have its share of jerks.

===

Back on topic... Some people around here, if I only ever had the evo, I'd say they always want to race me. But that's not it. There are some people around here, usually pickup truck drivers, that simply do not want you to pass them. You probably know the type. Valid country road passing zone, dude going 50-55, you try to pass and he immediately floors it.

I had this issue in my base Lancer ES, Mirage DE, and Camaro as well. Now that I have the Evo, they can't stop me from passing, but they still try. It's actually illegal to increase your speed while another car is trying to overtake you. I've never heard of anyone getting a fine for it, but it's in the DOT guidebook for Pennsylvania.

With that said, it was sad how many people lost that battle to my stock Mirage, a Suzuki SV650 has more HP than a Mirage.

Last edited by Ancyker; Oct 28, 2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Cop cars.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Yesterday a woman in front of me going to McDonald's can't decide if she wants to go inside or use the drive-thru. She slams on the brakes in the parking lot and comes to a complete stop. I stop, then realize this person is an idiot and then I back up and go around her into the drive-thru.

Turns out when I'm getting my food at the next window, the guys leans out and says I need to go slower in their parking lot as someone complained. I literally never went faster than 10mph, and I instantly realized that "too fast" really meant "didn't want to wait on my indecisive ***".

So now I'm getting told I'm driving too fast, when I'm just passing someone who decides to block the road. I.E. I can't be in a hurry during LUNCH RUSH.

I hate people.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:20 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Furniture delivery trucks that don't check their blind spots. Awesome.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

U haul first time driver driving slow in left lane
Old Nov 1, 2014, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
There are so many mustang owners. i see at least 5 or so mustangs every time i go anywhere.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
Cop cars.
second that
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
line cutters:

getting in line waiting to merge into another freeway and all the a*&holes that have to cut in front of you on the ramp/lane etc... really? I guess that's why all these other people behind me are stopped..because we like waiting for people like you to cut us off.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 08:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Short dudes with small d*cks that drive big diesel trucks. It seems like they all want to pick a fight with me, seriously go blow you stack at someone else!

I also second the above post about line cutters! My route home from work is of course busy & there is a road that merges. Everyday it gets backed up because no one wants to wait, I guess they are just special.....
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

The title is what 'car' pisses you off the most - but scenarios are also being raised. Here are my thoughts on both:

CAR - This summer it has been Chrysler Crossfires for me. The base model in particular (215hp). I literally spotted one many cars behind me and see them swerving through traffic to get along side me and downshift. Another one gunned it at a red light. A few others played the get along side, speed up, then slow down game. The rarer SRT6 variant is at least more of a sportier car (330hp) - but these were not that version. Perhaps these were just car enthusiast who wanted to see me gun it, so I'll be optimistic and assume that is the case.

SCENARIO - When you are approaching a red light of a two lane road from some distance. Let's say four cars are in the left lane going straight and no cars in the right lane. I move, from a distance away into the right lane. As I get about ten car lengths from the stop, car number four from the left lane cuts over in front of me to be first in line at the red. Light turns green, and this guy is the slowest out of all of them - the other three remaining in the left all passing him. Drives me CRAZY!!!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big diesel trucks with their awful coal rolling nonsense
Old Nov 6, 2014, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
Other evos. I have no idea why but they just do. Well Really only one In my area haha, there's this guy who thinks he's the evo king of the city. it seems like after every drive hel post a new album of his car..it's like ya I know what it looks like thanks for the update.