Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

After selling your Evo what did you buy next? [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After selling your Evo what did you buy next? [MERGED]

Who on here has sold their Evo and moved on to the following cars...

z06 Corvette
E92 M3
Nissan GTR
Porsche 997 911 ect
or anything else similar

What has your experience been?
Did you regret selling the Evo?
If you had to do it over would you let go of the Evo?

I'm on the fence of whether or not to sell my evo 9 or keep it. And am just looking for opinions from members here.

Im sure those who sold their cars, and are enjoying their new ride wont be chiming in as I assume they don't visit this forum much.

Thanks fellas

Last edited by PureDsm; May 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PureDsm
Who on here has sold their Evo and moved on to the following cars...

z06 Corvette
E92 M3
Nissan GTR
or anything else similar

What has your experience been?
Did you regret selling the Evo?
If you had to do it over would you let go of the Evo?

I'm on the fence of whether or not to sell my evo 9 or keep it. And am just looking for opinions from members here.

Im sure those who sold their cars, and are enjoying their new ride wont be chiming in as I assume they don't visit this forum much.

Thanks fellas
Mine is currently for sale...and I'm officially stumped on what to get.

My girlfriend owns a X and to be honest, that is what I would get next. For a DD, the car is superb. Awesome ride, handles great...don't get me wrong, not as much of a driver's car as the IX (I have an RS so go figure)...but still, with just a few bolt-ons it is a blast to drive and very refined. I can't find a car that matches the IX to be honest (and a GTR is out of my price range). I'm looking at finding a low-mileage 2002-2004 Porsche 911 however...maybe look into that.

Regardless, best of luck!
Old May 8, 2015, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Awes3939
Mine is currently for sale...and I'm officially stumped on what to get.

My girlfriend owns a X and to be honest, that is what I would get next. For a DD, the car is superb. Awesome ride, handles great...don't get me wrong, not as much of a driver's car as the IX (I have an RS so go figure)...but still, with just a few bolt-ons it is a blast to drive and very refined. I can't find a car that matches the IX to be honest (and a GTR is out of my price range). I'm looking at finding a low-mileage 2002-2004 Porsche 911 however...maybe look into that.

Regardless, best of luck!
I like you choice there. I have driven many evo x's with big and mild power. Very fun very nice. But I just enjoy my evo 9 driving experience better.

The Porsche is a nice choice but even so I like having a little room in the car for spare wheels and jack.

Keep the opinions coming.
Old May 8, 2015, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

I am.

Z06. Shark Gray, 2LZ non Z07 package. Manual. black wheels.
Old May 8, 2015, 05:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I got a mustang... I wanted torque and I'm too poor for the torque options you listed.

If you track your car, look at the Z28 Camaro. I got a ride in one yesterday at the track, that thing is absurd! not power, I have a mustang with more whp than that, so I'm used to power, its everything else about the car that blew my mind. The guy there told me that chevy is offering a 15k rebate on it, but its still to rich for my blood so I didn't look into it to see if its true or not
Old May 11, 2015, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
I got a mustang... I wanted torque and I'm too poor for the torque options you listed.

If you track your car, look at the Z28 Camaro. I got a ride in one yesterday at the track, that thing is absurd! not power, I have a mustang with more whp than that, so I'm used to power, its everything else about the car that blew my mind. The guy there told me that chevy is offering a 15k rebate on it, but its still to rich for my blood so I didn't look into it to see if its true or not
thank you for your input. I appreciate the review from another platform. Not a Camaro fan. But I do like the GT500 stang. that motor makes great power for minimal mods.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Not selling. Just like I didn't sell my modded Eclipse. Next car will be bought to hold reduce miles on the two I have and for reliability....it will also be a RWD car since I have done a FWD and AWD already.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimm
Not selling. Just like I didn't sell my modded Eclipse. Next car will be bought to hold reduce miles on the two I have and for reliability....it will also be a RWD car since I have done a FWD and AWD already.
That's great you are able to support and maintain your evo and dsm. I would have loved to keep my old dsm as well but sold it to buy the evo. It was just natural progression for me. Your situation is one more unique then others. Not everyone will be able to hold on to every car they buy while purchasing a new one.

I leaning to buying one really nice car that can do it all.

Looks, Power, Handling, and overall great driving experience. Since the GTR is out of my range along with a host of other ones. I feel as though the E92 M3 fills all those needs nicely.
Old May 11, 2015, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

That's great you are able to support and maintain your evo and dsm. I would have loved to keep my old dsm as well but sold it to buy the evo. It was just natural progression for me. Your situation is one more unique then others. Not everyone will be able to hold on to every car they buy while purchasing a new one.

I leaning to buying one really nice car that can do it all.

Looks, Power, Handling, and overall great driving experience. Since the GTR is out of my range along with a host of other ones. I feel as though the E92 M3 fills all those needs nicely.
They only offered me $4000 in trade when I bought my Evo. For that price I will keep a car that I have put this much work into. Has helped keep miles off my Evo (only 60k bought new in early 2008).
Old May 12, 2015, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

They only offered me $4000 in trade when I bought my Evo. For that price I will keep a car that I have put this much work into. Has helped keep miles off my Evo (only 60k bought new in early 2008).
Well I would agree with you there. Makes me want my DSM back.

But im going to talk from another view. Has anyone here every sold their evo and pick up a Single turbo 350z, Supercharged E46, or Turbo S2000?

I would love to hear reviews/ opinions. I drove a Fully Built GT37R 350z car made over 650 on a Dyno Dynamics. Let me say it was a blast such a fun street car when you get into the throttle.

Although I think the evo is a fair superior car bang for buck performance wise. What I like about the z's are.

-Motors are readily available, fairly cheap, and cost the same to build a evo motor which will pump out 650-750plus fuel and supporting mods depending.
-Tuning is similar to evos
-Trannys and Rear diffs are strong
-And built one are selling for 10-14K right now.
and the list goes on.

Cons
motors cant handle much more then 450 stock block

What I like about the S2k
-Motor is super strong. Tons of power capable stock block
-light chassis
-F20C responds to boost very well
-suspension tuning is amazing
-some parts are fairly cheap because its a Honda.
-short wheel base

Cons
-Tranny and rear diff are weak
-motor kinda expensive.

I was sitting in the evo last night, and I always remember how much I love it. But this is my fourth Mitsubishi car. And im always fighting the feeling of selling it for something else. I think im a little burnt on the 4G63
Old May 12, 2015, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

If and when I trade, it's because I want big power w/included warranty so I don't go out and instantly void it.
Old May 12, 2015, 03:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Well I would agree with you there. Makes me want my DSM back.

But im going to talk from another view. Has anyone here every sold their evo and pick up a Single turbo 350z, Supercharged E46, or Turbo S2000?

I would love to hear reviews/ opinions. I drove a Fully Built GT37R 350z car made over 650 on a Dyno Dynamics. Let me say it was a blast such a fun street car when you get into the throttle.

Although I think the evo is a fair superior car bang for buck performance wise. What I like about the z's are.

-Motors are readily available, fairly cheap, and cost the same to build a evo motor which will pump out 650-750plus fuel and supporting mods depending.
-Tuning is similar to evos
-Trannys and Rear diffs are strong
-And built one are selling for 10-14K right now.
and the list goes on.

Cons
motors cant handle much more then 450 stock block

What I like about the S2k
-Motor is super strong. Tons of power capable stock block
-light chassis
-F20C responds to boost very well
-suspension tuning is amazing
-some parts are fairly cheap because its a Honda.
-short wheel base

Cons
-Tranny and rear diff are weak
-motor kinda expensive.

I was sitting in the evo last night, and I always remember how much I love it. But this is my fourth Mitsubishi car. And im always fighting the feeling of selling it for something else. I think im a little burnt on the 4G63
If you want lots of power, I'd steer away from a 350Z. 450 is pushing it for stock block, but they're not exactly reliable with a built block either. go check out the FI section of the 350Z forums, I don't think there's anyone with big power thats had their car out of the shop for a year straight. there was a local guy with a 700 some odd hp 350Z with a built engine. he had the car for about 2 years and drove it for only about 3 months cause crap kept going wrong with it, and he did not cheap out, he got high end parts for everything. then he got fed up with it and sold it for a ZR1.
Old May 12, 2015, 03:30 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts

Looks, Power, Handling, and overall great driving experience.
you just described an Evo.

IMO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old May 12, 2015, 03:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
If you want lots of power, I'd steer away from a 350Z. 450 is pushing it for stock block, but they're not exactly reliable with a built block either. go check out the FI section of the 350Z forums, I don't think there's anyone with big power thats had their car out of the shop for a year straight. there was a local guy with a 700 some odd hp 350Z with a built engine. he had the car for about 2 years and drove it for only about 3 months cause crap kept going wrong with it, and he did not cheap out, he got high end parts for everything. then he got fed up with it and sold it for a ZR1.

This. The VQ35's and 37's do not take to boost like the VG38 in the GTR..
Old May 12, 2015, 04:09 PM
EvoM Guru

then again, you can put an LSX into a 350Z, they sit nice and low in that car so you can easily put a big twin screw on top...

sikky makes nice swap kits for it, but I don't know how all the electronics workout

Quick Reply: After selling your Evo what did you buy next? [MERGED]