Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2014 Jeep SRT TURBO Build!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Jeep SRT TURBO Build!

What's up everyone! Long time EVO guy checking in here....don't worry still have my X built by Boostin Performance.....I wanted to let you guys know about my 2014 Jeep SRT Turbo Build Series on my new YouTube channel. I just posted my first two videos in the last week and was hoping you guys could check out those videos and my EVO stuff as well! I will uploading weekly moving forward till the build is done. Much more to come as I try and become one of less then 30 known TURBO Second Gen SRT Jeep's in the world and on E85. Would be awesome if you all could subscribe while you were there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CpgQcGGy8

There will be much more to come on the EVO too, as I get ready to bring her to Boostin Performance.....after the fire Check me out on YouTube!

Thanks!
Allen
Old Feb 3, 2017, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyRLWZjoRRk

EVO Caught Fire Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBhxgMiBeUs
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Freezin *** Chicago.

Great first vid. Really liked the impromptu shop walk around.
The following users liked this post:
Turbo13 (Feb 3, 2017)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itdiestoday
Freezin *** Chicago.

Great first vid. Really liked the impromptu shop walk around.
Appreciate it! Subscribe and help me get the word out so I can make more videos with all 3 cars
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to hear about the X! But Glad to hear you're OK and looks like the car can be fixed up.
Don't get rid of her and regret it!

Any chance you know a Terry E who also lives in Arlington Hts, had several MR2s several years back? now a SC/2jz? I stop and visit him occasionally when I am in town.

Do you still have your MR2?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PolloVagabundo
Sorry to hear about the X! But Glad to hear you're OK and looks like the car can be fixed up.
Don't get rid of her and regret it!

Any chance you know a Terry E who also lives in Arlington Hts, had several MR2s several years back? now a SC/2jz? I stop and visit him occasionally when I am in town.

Do you still have your MR2?
Yes, I will regret it for sure and for that reason will not part with the EVO! I do nto know Terry E, but would love to meet you guys. I still have my MR2 which is partially restored clean title/carfax 95K mile 91 Turbo car. Will be sending that off to Prime or ATS this spring/summer.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo13
Appreciate it! Subscribe and help me get the word out so I can make more videos with all 3 cars
Done. Looking forward to the rest of the vids.
Turbo13 (Feb 3, 2017)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Good luck with the build. Dang, you Evo X guys have it tough with the limited room for exhaust manifold/turbo..
Turbo13 (Feb 3, 2017)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Good luck with the build. Dang, you Evo X guys have it tough with the limited room for exhaust manifold/turbo..
Truth my friend! I had a 8 purchased new back in the day and I must say that the turbo being on the firewall and the fuel system are hands down the two worst things about the car! Still love her though...lol
Old Feb 3, 2017, 07:21 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
subbed, im planning on getting an SRT 8 myself, im just in a holding pattern to see how the trackhawk pans out.
Turbo13 (Feb 3, 2017)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
subbed, im planning on getting an SRT 8 myself, im just in a holding pattern to see how the trackhawk pans out.
Thank you! Yeah I am waiting for the same thing and got tired so here we go on this project!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Hey everyone! Part 3 is live on my YouTube channel now!! Let me know what you think. Would love some feedback. Filming part 4 tomorrow : )

Please subscribe, comment, and like videos if y'all don't mind! Thanks! Allen

Part 3 (Deconstruction):
Old Feb 9, 2017, 02:50 PM

Awsome vids, keep them coming! I just noticed you have a berner! We just picked up our berner pup a few weeks ago, which is why we are planning on getting the SRT8 Cherokee. We are planning on trading the wifes Evo X, since the backseat on that thing probably isn't going to cut it. I would like to keep the X and get the jeep but we will see.

Different note, with that 11:1 CR is this going to be a dedicated E85 or do you think you will be able to have a safe low boost pump tune?

P.S. Here is a pic of our Berner Winston on the way to the vet for his 10 week vaccines.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Feb 9, 2017 at 02:55 PM.
Turbo13 (Feb 9, 2017)
Old Feb 9, 2017, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Love Winston! Yes, this will be a dedicated E85 car for me. You could run pump gas but with that compression ratio, I don't feel comfortable doing it. E85 saves engines, been running it on my EVO's for over 10 years. I also have run it all year around in places like Chicago....not ideal but very doable.

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Awsome vids, keep them coming! I just noticed you have a berner! We just picked up our berner pup a few weeks ago, which is why we are planning on getting the SRT8 Cherokee. We are planning on trading the wifes Evo X, since the backseat on that thing probably isn't going to cut it. I would like to keep the X and get the jeep but we will see.

Different note, with that 11:1 CR is this going to be a dedicated E85 or do you think you will be able to have a safe low boost pump tune?

P.S. Here is a pic of our Berner Winston on the way to the vet for his 10 week vaccines.

Old Feb 9, 2017, 05:31 PM

We are on the same page, my evo hasn't seen gasoline since 2010. I was just curious if it was even within the realm of possibility. Im really looking forward to seeing what kind of fuel system upgrades you guys end up doing, along with all the other little nuance things. I was also really glad to hear the good things about HP tuners, because i recommended it to a friend who was looking for a stock ECU tuning solution. I was trying to find something comparable to our ecuflash and it looked pretty good but I didn't have any experience with it.

Quick Reply: 2014 Jeep SRT TURBO Build!