Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Got Screwed from an Evo M menber

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paypal is almost as bad. Yes they claim to have buyer protection. I have for the last 2 months been waiting for a claim I have against a seller on Ebay. I bought this so-called"Brnad New Never Opened Box" Alpine 9857 from this guy on ebay. He had like 7800 transactions and seemed ok, but when I got the headunit it had scratches on the face was missing parts and the serial number had been ground off the radio it also was missing the original box. After contacting the seller(he gave me the runaround) I filed a PayPal claim against him. Now almost 2 months later PayPal is still reviewing the claim. The seller had the nerve even to brag thru an email that my PayPal account was expendable, since they did a big business thru paypal that paypal would side with them.
So FORGET about PayPal having your back, or at least being professional about reviewing claims that buyers like me have.
I found out that certain things pay full price and buy from Legit companies. Don't get scammed ; if it is too good to be true ---IT IS---
Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

people like that ruin it, makes everyone nervous, and it sucks cause we're all apart of the same community
Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

ya paypal sux. I sold my video card on ebay for $250. transaction went smooth. After 8 months, I got my package back, i had no idea why it came back to me. Next day paypal refunded $250 with out permission. I called paypal and said theres nothing they can do. Also vid card was not working. I was out of $250.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:59 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joon82
ya paypal sux. I sold my video card on ebay for $250. transaction went smooth. After 8 months, I got my package back, i had no idea why it came back to me. Next day paypal refunded $250 with out permission. I called paypal and said theres nothing they can do. Also vid card was not working. I was out of $250.
You probably sold it to an unconfirmed address. Always make sure the purchasee is verified. Judging by his spelling and asking for money orders. I'd say its all your fault. Good luck man.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to heard that bro!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

live and learn. It ain't always cheap.....
Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joon82
same thing happened to me except it was a $1200 supercharger.
guy got it, claims it was damaged and coming thru the box, and pieces were broken.. yet still signed for it . Then doesnt want to goto the postoffice and file a claim (because it was insured) he says its my job, becuase i mailed it. well after a month or so of no comunication i get it back in the mail and then paypal takes 1200 from me. and they gve me the "we cant do anything " bs

efff paypal
Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that...if you ever come across that deadbeat, give him hell!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Heres what you do - You have his name and address, put a little research in and see if you can find out where he is employeed or anything of that nature - basically find information he hasn't told you. If you can get his number at work or whatever, call him up and explain to him that he'll be recieving a demand letter if you do not get your money back by a certain date. If you don't get your money you send him a demand letter, basically stating that you have lined up an attorney and will be bringing him to court to settle the dispute. Some of you might laugh but it works.

I have 2 good friends that are lawyers and some guy ripped me off for $80 or something dumb like that and I was pissed just on the principal of the whole thing, not the loot. I found out where he worked, got the company directory and called him at work and told him I had several lawyers that would be more than happy to collect court fees and lawyer fees from him for 30 seconds worth of work - pretty funny, you could here his voice quivering when he realized who I was and that I was serious, completely caught him off gaurd that I tracked his work number down. Magically 5 days later I had my money....
Old Mar 8, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Ya see ya can never trust anyone named Enrique!!! LOL
Old Mar 8, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Give Me A Call At The Dealership 619 5882922 .el Cajon Mistu. I Can Possibly Help You He Lives About 6 Miles Away From Me I Can Drive By That Address Tonight On My Way Home..possibly Get Something From Him If You Know What I Mean. Callme Though James-
Old Mar 8, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

^im sensing an ***-whooping lined up for this guy lmao...
Old Mar 8, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

bro im sorry to hear about this, there are always going to be scumbags like this around you and all of us have to keep a look out for them. as for everyone bad mouthing paypal, I ARGEE 100% i sold some old toys i had in my closet well, one woman purchased the item for $115 bucks, i sent it i got a receipt from UPS next thing i know. paypal said that she said i scammed her. i gave paypal the shipping number and everything from the receipt they still said oh i owe her and what not. i preferably dont like doing bussiness with them anymore. and as for your trouble i hope you get something good out of this. keep us informed.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:19 AM

Thx for all the support guys... ill keep you all informed if anything comes up / and or PM's I get thx again

Justin
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:27 AM

I personally know [B], aka ENRIQUE VERDUZCO. He did my son dirty . ANYONE OUT THERE WILLING TO SEEK RETRIBUTION? LOOKING FOR OTHER MEMBERS SCAMMED BY EvoRacer619.

Quick Reply: Got Screwed from an Evo M menber