Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Bad Guy: GoodTimes Bent MR x BBS Wheel

Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad Guy: GoodTimes Bent MR x BBS Wheel

Hello EvoM,

I didn't know or could find where else to put this, but this seemed the most logical place.

So I ended up buying a set of used Evo X MR BBS rims off of GoodTimes. Everything went very smoothly & I was generally happy with the deal. A week or so later while getting my new tires mounted, I'm told that one of the wheels is bent & I'm allowed to go in back & have a look for myself on the balance machine. Inside was definitely bent.

I've since contacted the seller & first he says that I must've somehow bent this unmounted forged wheel because it was fine when he sold it to me. Then later he said that he only had it for around a year & that the guy he bought it from must've bent it.

I then asked if he could refund me an appropriate amount of money because 1.) I probably wouldn't have purchased them had I known a wheel was bent, 2.) I wouldn't have payed his asking price & 3.) Now I have to pay to fix the wheel. And so, at this point the seller has pretty much removed himself from any responsibility for the wheel since he presents himself as unaware of any damage (& of course because he already has my money).

This whole situation really sucks for me & my first experience on EvoM. Now do I not only have to get the wheel fixed, but I also payed too much given the circumstance.

Thanks for looking everyone.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...bs-x-rims.html

Last edited by Federighi; Jun 18, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
another shady sale

reason for selling: Bent rim
item description: Mint condition.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Is this valid for dispute claim through paypal?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should have inspected them as soon as you got them, any chance the shop did it ? I dont think the seller is gonna refund you anything its your word against his he'll just say that maybe the shop did it.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Pics? I just bought some evo rims for too good of a deal. Now I'm worried Can you tell by looking at it that it's bent or is this only on the wheel balancing machine?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:17 AM

spekil- I wish I had used paypal exactly for a reason like this, but unfortunately it was a cash transaction.

adriano- I did give them a good inspection them while I was making the deal & I'm 100% positive the shop didn't do. I'm friends with the shop & they do quality work on some decent high end cars.

10isace- The bend was only noticeable on the balance machine.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Not taking sides, but if you only noticed on the machine, perhaps he honestly had no idea as well because he didnt put it on a machine before selling it. Since you didn't notice after a "good inspection" neither has he. But then again maybe he did know. Just my .02
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:03 PM

Mark- A very valid point, but I personally would still take responsibility for the item I sold. That's just how I choose to conduct business & I'm aware that this practice is far from todays norm.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MarkChamorro
Not taking sides, but if you only noticed on the machine, perhaps he honestly had no idea as well because he didnt put it on a machine before selling it. Since you didn't notice after a "good inspection" neither has he. But then again maybe he did know. Just my .02
+1
If you couldn't tell by eye it was bent, how could the seller know?
Me personally I'd be pretty pissed but I would not expect a refund.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

As a seller, I would offer at least a refund of the difference of selling those rims with one bent. If that makes sense. But of course, here comes the "did the shop do it" discussion which I can't vouch for, but either way I hope this gets resolved, I personally hate getting poor deals
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:45 PM

Mark- Yes, that makes perfect sense & was pretty much what I was getting at. I wasn't expecting much, maybe $100 or so which wouldn't even cover the cost to repair the rim; & isn't very much considering how much I payed for the set.

The shop I go to is extremely reputable with some major high end clientele (it's my friends shop & they service Ferrari's, Lambo, etc.) & I'm 100% they had nothing to do with any sort of damage(s).

As far as any sort of resolution, I very reasonably & politely asked him if he'd consider the refund & he's now M.I.A. or refuses to respond.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
IMO the lack of cooperation from the seller would be a sign of guilt. Hard not to know it wasn't bent when clearly he was using it on his car.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

I agree if i sold something that was damaged even if I'm sure it didn't happen when I had said item I would offer some sort of partial refund and apology.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I agree if i sold something that was damaged even if I'm sure it didn't happen when I had said item I would offer some sort of partial refund and apology.
^this
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Agreed to this guy also

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad Guy: GoodTimes Bent MR x BBS Wheel