Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

No refund or reply from "4G63 DSM"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No refund or reply from "4G63 DSM"

I bought a valve cover from 4G63 DSM back in September. It arrived in a poorly packaged box and when I opened it I found a piece broken off that goes over the cam gears. I immediately reported this to 4G63 DSM, and here's what went down:

Originally Posted by 4G63 DSM
Originally Posted by MSP608
I got your package today but when I opened it I found a corner of the valve cover broken off. It is the very front corner that sticks out over the exhaust cam gear. Whether you take this up with USPS or not is your prerogative, I however would like my $275 back.

The damage:

-Justin
Justin,

I'm sorry to see that the valve cover was damaged, that's quite a rarity when I ship items. Being rude is not going to help you. Was the package damaged upon arrival? Would you mind sending me a picture of the package?

Please send the entire valve cover back via USPS and insure it for $275. You can use the original packaging if it wasn't damaged. I will need a copy of the postage receipt showing the insurance value. Once the valve cover is returned I will refund your money.

Thank you,
Keri
Keri,

I apologize if I came off as rude. I was disappointed to open my package and see the damage, but would never react in an uncivil manner.

The item was damaged and now highly devalued in my possession. While I'm not placing the blame on you or the USPS, you as the seller are responsible for your item. I have no guarantee on getting my money back as soon as I send it off. So I would like my refund first and then I will send you the damaged item back. I also would like a refund for the shipping/insurance charge after I send you the receipt. Please do not take any of this to be rude, as the burden of customer service is always on the seller.

-Justin
Hi Justin,

I would need the valve cover returned to me to give you a full refund of $275. The other option is a partial refund and you keep the valve cover.

Thank you,
Keri
I have no guarantee of seeing my money again after I ship it. Please refund me my $275 and I will then ship your damaged valve cover back. I'm beginning to take your actions as rude and unprofessional. I will not hesitate to report you if you do not cooperate.

-Justin
Justin,

Please don't insult me. You also do not get to dictate how this works.

I would have no reason not to refund your money after the valve cover has been returned to me. Again, the valve cover would just need to be shipped back the same way it was sent (via USPS and fully insured). Without receiving the valve cover back for a refund the only other option I can offer you is a partial refund and you keep the valve cover.

I am offering you a reasonable solution - I am offering you a partial refund where you keep the valve cover or a full refund for the valve cover while offering to handle the USPS insurance claim while I wait for the refund. In the meantime, I'm left with a damaged valve cover and without payment. Most people would tell you to handle the claim. Again, the damage is unfortunate but you can plainly see that it was packed and shipped well. For all I know, you could have damaged the valve cover yourself but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you don't feel the same way, I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do for you. If you would not like a partial refund or are unwilling to send the valve cover back for a refund then I cannot help you. With that said, I do not wish to keep going back and forth with you repeating myself over and over again. This is the last time I am going to offer you any kind of refund for the valve cover.

Thank you,
Keri
After this I gave in, told him I was sending it back, sent it back, it got delivered weeks ago, and now I'm out my $275. He has not responded at all after many PMs (even though I see he's been not he forum since) or emails.

I have since reported my positive review on itrader requesting it be removed, and submitted a new negative one. His business has the same email addy I've already tried. There is no way to leave messages or feedback for the public to see on either of these:

His business: http://mkmotorsports.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VTECTHIS

Can I get some advice/help here?

-Justin
Old Nov 27, 2014, 03:55 AM

Just so you are aware, if this was conducted under PayPal you need to send the valve cover back. Request for refund and/or refund dispute will request a tracking number for your return. They'll handle the rest if a problem occurs after send off and proof of shipment. Take plenty of pictures prior to send off.

Secondly a seller is under no condition under paypal policy to refund you any shipping charges. So unless otherwise stated in their invoice return statement(if the sale was conducted in that manner) the shipping charges are completely on you 100%. It would only be in the kindness of the seller if they were to take full responsibility of the costs. Also by offering a full refund and not requesting you wait for a USPS claim is a pretty solid seller because some like to beat around the bush regarding that.

In short, no the seller is not being rude or unprofessional. He/she is following standard return policies in which you seem to be unaware of. Even outside of PayPal, no seller except for maybe Amazon (who would have your credit card on file and charge you double should you fail to return the item) would issue a refund without the item being returned to them.

For your reference:

What is Significantly Not as Described (SNAD)?
An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different than what the seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:
The item was damaged during shipment.
For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you to ship the item back to the seller - or to PayPal - or to a third party at your expense, and to provide proof of delivery.
For transactions that total $250 or more, you must get signature confirmation of delivery.
And lastly
PayPal will generally require a seller to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs.
Does not include return shipping costs.

Last edited by EvolvedAK; Nov 27, 2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:25 AM

For the record:

The buyer chose to send the original payment as a gift. I did not ask for this. I offered the buyer both a partial refund (where they could keep the valve cover) or a full refund if they sent it back (and I would process the shipping claim for them). The payment was sent from the buyer's father's PayPal account and some of the above conversation was likely ghost written by the father.

What I found extremely odd was that the buyer refused to send the item in question back until I issued them a full refund. Since the payment was originally sent as a gift, why would they not be comfortable with sending the item back for a refund?

I had not heard from the buyer for roughly a month after my last response to them. My best guess was that they had initially damaged the valve cover and were not going to send the item back. At this point I chose to block the buyer. I am not sure how messages could possibly be ignored when they were never sent (over EvoM's PM system) or via email (where they would have bounced).

The valve cover arrived last week, roughly two months after the initial transaction. It was sent via Priority Mail and uninsured (so I could not file a claim for the item on either shipment).

Regardless, the refund window has since closed. I attempted to repair the valve cover when it arrived but was unable to - my intent was to repair the valve cover and quietly send it back to the buyer to avoid verbal badgering. The valve cover is sitting on a shelf in my garage at the moment. I will offer one last option, Justin/Jerry - I can return the valve cover to you at my cost and you can decide what to do with it.

If I had received any communication from the buyer after I offered my refund solution for the final time this could have been avoided. An item cannot be returned randomly, two months later and magically granted a refund.

If you would like me to send the valve cover back to you please reply to this thread. If not, I will consider this resolved.

Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 09:18 PM

A brief update:

The father sent me several messages via Facebook this evening. I am currently waiting for his/his son's address so I can ship the valve cover back to him.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
4g63 DSM, you definitely got lucky. Had he filed a claim as soon as you refused to issue him the refund, Paypal would've sided with him, and you would be out the money and had a broken valve cover. Insurance is to cover the seller, not the buyer.

If I'm not mistaken, you claiming insurance when he sent you back the item, since you didn't have insurance the first time around (when it actually broke), would have been fraud. That's just my two cents.

Last edited by Evo_AK; Nov 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:19 AM

@Evo_AK

I offered the buyer both a full and partial refund. The shipping claims could have been filed by both the sender or recipient. The original payment was sent as a gift. Even if the payment was not sent as a gift, the item was sent back past the time frame to file a PayPal or shipping claim.

@MSP608

Please tell your father I have no interest in dealing with him, the transaction was between you and me. I have stated clearly that I will send the valve cover back but I need the address. If he persists on badgering me and requesting further communication I will cut out communication with him as well. Please handle your own issues. I have already taken time away from Thanksgiving with my family to address your thread on here as well as your father's Facebook messages earlier yesterday.

Last edited by 4G63 DSM; Nov 28, 2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 05:26 AM

@MSP608

I was able to find your address from a previous shipping invoice. I insured it and shipped it back to you this morning. What you choose to do with it is your choice. It should arrive in two to three days and I am considering this resolved.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:16 PM

Nvm

Last edited by EvolvedAK; Dec 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM.