Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Beware : Mike Eder

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Beware : Mike Eder

i had consulted a mod before writing this but if it violates some forum rules please edit as you see fit.

6 years and a half on this board.

Other than the evo x platform forums, i have always frequented myself to read the "dispute" threads as i found them very informative, both as a buyer and seller.

cant say i ever thought about writing one myself, but here i am writing my own nightmare.

I pm'd a guy on one of the numerous FB evo parts page, Mike Eder. He was looking for a set of BBS Evo X rims. He immediately sends a friend request and i obliged.

Our FB correspondence was very short as we immediately used text messages. the number he was using was 4434229807. as soon as i gave him my price, he asks me to send an invoice to mikeze2345@outlook.com. For some reason he was not able to pay me and asks to send another one to his friend, Raymond Gregory, with email rcg62589@aol.com

His friend sends me an echeck and i waited 4-5 business days until i received a message from paypal that i can ship the wheels. i shipped the wheels to raymond gregory and the address on paypal. he said he lived 5 minutes away so it was cool to ship to that address as i told him my reservation in shipping the wheels not to the registered address on who sent me payment. he received the wheel dec 17 and NEVER heard back.

On dec 24, i opened my paypal to pay for an exhaust and to my shock i was in the negative and saw this.

12/23/2014 07:03 CST - Buyer: wheels are bald for the price I paid was expecting newer wheels. Wheels had a lot of external damage.

I uploaded around 9 pictures to dispute his claim, all pictures where uploaded during our text messages.

i immedialtey called and messaged him on FB, NOTHING. soon after he deleted me as a friend. soon after that he deleted his FB page as friends of mine started posting the incident. before he deleted his fb account though he sent me a pm pretty much saying that he found a better deal than ours and is shipping me my wheels back.

paypal says that there should be a resolution by jan 21. not holding my breathe, as i have mentioned in the beginning that one of the threads i quite follow is the "dispute" threads and i kinda have a feeling what i have in store.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear your story. But, how did paypal pull the funds without you knowing, or at least notify you? Is it the echeck that was cancelled?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Your questions are questions I ask myself.

Buyer opens a claim against Me and voila I have a negative balance.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really hope paypal rules in your favor. Evom isn't the community it used to be where members are more honest and straightforward.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah you can always put a dispute with the origins' bank and paypal will have to balance the accounts accordingly.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Read about this on CCEVO. I hope it all works out man.

GL
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

paypal just updated today stating they requested the buyer for more information.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

We completed our review and decided this case in your favor. Any money that may have been temporarily held has been returned to your PayPal account.

During our review, we’ve found that you had sufficiently described the merchandise.

Just got the above email from paypal. Needless to say, i am extremely happy.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the same dude whom today decided to give me some ridiculously lowball offer. After telling him not to waste my time I google his name and voila, I find this.....glad you were able to come out clean.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Curious as to what he was trying to buy from you?

Was he using the same number?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He contacted me through craigslist and i didn't have a number. 443 is a baltimore area code so I am pretty sure it was him. He offered me $500 for my MMCS with everything (N-05, bracket, GPS, faceplate). I understand giving a lower price than what i was asking but that amount was ridiculous. Then he wanted to get attitude when i replied not to waste my time. It's annoying when people expect you to just give stuff away.