Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

andrewRA

Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrewRA

I purchased a Ralliart Turbo from Mr. andrewRA for the grand total of $180.54.

When I originally received it i found that all the connectors / oil lines ect were placed loosely on the bottom of the box. So naturally I removed the turbo from the box which was very poorly wraped with the thinnest bubblewrap possible.

I found that an oil line and several other things were damage inside... One Image below.

https://i.imgur.com/9u7xsjC.jpg

I contact the seller and discussed take it up with FedEx the shipper because he said they packaged it.. We contacted FedEx and after 3-5 days of getting no where I opened a dispute with PayPal stating that I wasn't sure if the turbo was safe, and I needed some $$ refunded so I could purchase the parts damaged in the shipment.

a few hours later he send me a message very upset that I got paypal involved and agrees to refund me $40.00 what it was gonna cost from the dealership to get the pieces that were damaged replaced.

I of course stayed transparent with the seller via Private Messages the entire time.. I took it to a Mechanic who's been a long time friend and work on Mazda & Mitsubishi for years. Upon going over the turbo charger he asked if he could see the box/what items were damaged I showed him, He warned me that by installing the turbo in my vehicle he would not warrenty his work (FIRST FOR HIM) and that the turbo was a risk that he thought I shouldn't take. Not because it's changing a car from non-turbo to turbo, just because he though the turbo to be in less then optimal condition.. I heeded his warning and contacted paypal..

Paypal has now said because he refunded $40.00 he's not required to refund the remaning $140.54. I disputed it with a supervisor advised me to involve my financial institution to get my money back.. Spoke to my bank and they asked me to return the Turbo Charger to the seller. I have adheered to their request..

Tracking #1ZA3578T0386968464 (UPS)

I ask Mr madina please refund me we both don't need these headaches.

I have shipped your turbo back..

I am UNABLE to open a dispute with FEDEX to make myself whole because I am the RECIPIENT not the SHIPPER. Only the shipper can hold fedex responsible for the damage.

All I ask is that Mr. Andrew Madina refunds my remaining money as his turbo is on his way back to him and that he needs to hold fedex responsible for the damage.

Last edited by Virus1x; Mar 12, 2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
So your mechanic advised you that it might be dangerous to turbo a non turbo car? And now you want your money back sounds like you should have done more research before decieding to turbo the car. Of course there is a risk turbo charging any non turbo car. He should not have to refund you the money because it sounds like the turbo is fine and you just want a return because you changed your mind.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Sound like a change of heart to me as well
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
So your mechanic advised you that it might be dangerous to turbo a non turbo car? And now you want your money back sounds like you should have done more research before decieding to turbo the car. Of course there is a risk turbo charging any non turbo car. He should not have to refund you the money because it sounds like the turbo is fine and you just want a return because you changed your mind.

The risk he was mentioning was beyond the normal RISK.

It has nothing to do with change of heart the turbo is self was DAMAGED in shipping along will many of the lines he sent with it.. the box was thrown around by fedex like a ragdoll.

Let us also forget the photo of the damaged line as if that didn't happen oh wait, I provided photo proof of that..

Incase you are hard of sight...

lemme copy + paste a line from my post...

Not because it's changing a car from non-turbo to turbo, just because he though the turbo to be in less then optimal condition.. I heeded his warning and contacted paypal..

let me also go on record of stating it would be less trouble to SELL IT AGAIN if it was a change of heart.

Last edited by Virus1x; Mar 12, 2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

He already gave you compensation for the damaged lines... If the turbo itself was damaged you should have sent it back the first time. How do you know the turbo is damaged just by looking at it? Is there any shaft play or big dents in the houseing or anything to support your claim aside from a few bent lines that the seller already paid you back for... And besides you paid almost nothing for a turbo i dont see how you can expect it to be like new condition..
Old Mar 13, 2015, 09:07 AM

I'm not a mechanic just by looking at the turbo when I got it I didn't know there to be any issues. Yes he compensated me for the lines however the Turbo was damaged because of how it was treated in shipping. If I would have known in the first place I would have simply asked for a refund I thought the line being damaged was a one off and that the turbo couldn't be damaged but my mechanic said otherwise.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Im just curious what on the turbo is damaged?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:29 PM

Let me get ahold of my mechanic and ask I believe it had to do with the fan inside of it and some bolts being deformed. Visa is on my side either way I just want an amicable solution

Search this Thread