Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)

Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)

Be cautious doing business with David Ikon Gardea (https://www.facebook.com/david.i.gardea?fref=ts )
(https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...djikonatx.html)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2064...0934075651097/

I have purchased a 2.4LR Block in the past for my personal car and have nothing but good things to say about that motor. So I didn’t hesitate to purchase another 2.4LR through him for a close friend. But this time it seems he cut some corners to save on cost.
The build consisted of a 4g64 block and crank, with manly TT rods and wiesco HD pistons. Arp hardware and acl race bearings.
1st the block was not notched enough to make clearance for the rods. They would hit upon turning it by hand. David said it moved freely without any interference. The crank could not even be turned.

2nd It was taken to a 3rd party machine shop to inspect it and get another opinion. The seller even talked to the machine shop directly. The machine shop said the worked performed on 4g64 was not done correctly. The cylinder walls were not even bored straight!!! That would have been some compression/blow by issue right off the bat.

3rd the rod bearings were already scarred and damaged (these were brand new) by only turning them by hand. I asked the machine shop how that is possible. He said the crank was not cleaned or polished before installing the bearings. So some sort of dirt or rust was between them which was scarring. So that would have been a rod knock. It’s crazy this was supposed to be hot tanked and cleaned. There is surface rust everywhere.

There are many things wrong with the engine to make it usable. The rods, pistons, crankshaft (maybe) are still usable but the actual block and previous machine work was no useless.
To make this work it would cost roughly $400-500 for a core block, plus 700-900 for labor from the local machine shop. I’m out $2900 for an engine that I have to put another $1500 into it.
I filled a dispute with PayPal and they somehow took his side saying “It is custom and PayPal doesn’t cover custom work” I attempted to contact David again and he is completely ignoring me now. I think he feels he won and no longer needs to resolve this situation.

Attached are pictures, videos, paper work from the machine shop.

http://s109.photobucket.com/user/_de...jtqwi.mp4.html
Attached Thumbnails Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7577.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7579.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7580-1-.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7580.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7584-1-.jpg  

Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7584.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7588.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7589.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7717.jpg   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-img_7718.jpg  

Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-scan0032-page-001.jpg  

Last edited by _des_; Mar 21, 2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know a guy that bought a short block from djikonatx . Its noisy as hell and burns a lot of oil.
The following users liked this post:
_des_ (Mar 19, 2016)
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

My previous motor is holding up well. It seems Like it has alittle bit of blow by.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a little bit of the story I wanna put on here. Tired of posting and commenting. The motor was not sent out with all that rust mess on it. Period. All the problems started when des opened up claims behind my back for really no reason. He wanted to settle issues using PayPal dispute so I said fine let's do it. We stopped texting each other and settled things using paypal. Once he lost all claims then he started texting me back. Lol. The thing that posses me off is just like I told him is he put my money on that I was gonna use for a very important cardiac testing and procedures. Which really pisses me off. I mean this is my life here. He had really no reason to be opening claims up . I was being very polite and cooperative him. Long story short to speed things up. Just a couple of days ago he opens up a claim with his credit card company stating he never authorized the purchase. .. ????? Which leaves me stuck even more but confused because this makes no sense and should be fraud. So he goes on social media and puts me out like I'm the worst guy to deal with. And just to get this straight here I asked him to get a quote to see how much it would be to correct the notching and I would cover that cost but like I said he decided to handle it using PayPal dispute. Even through all that mess I'm still gonna be the bigger man here I will offer to ship an unmachined block and cover some of the machining costs if and when he sends me the emails he claims he has stating his little credit card claim only happened in error and when he keeps my name out and clears my name else where . Until that happens my hands are tied. I've never screwed anyone over ever. I've had people here and everywhere send a good amount of money as gift and I've never screwed people over.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostleak
I know a guy that bought a short block from djikonatx . Its noisy as hell and burns a lot of oil.

If you have time pm me his name. The only "noisy" block that I've sold here that I recall was not build by me/us. It was me simply buying a build from someone here and me just simply putting in new bearings and reselling it. I was changing set ups quite often. I didn't have that block bored or honed . I learned my lesson in a couple of block I've bought here. I keep my gaps tight etc...
Old Mar 21, 2016, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by djikonatx
Just a little bit of the story I wanna put on here. Tired of posting and commenting. The motor was not sent out with all that rust mess on it. Period. All the problems started when des opened up claims behind my back for really no reason. He wanted to settle issues using PayPal dispute so I said fine let's do it. We stopped texting each other and settled things using paypal. Once he lost all claims then he started texting me back. Lol. The thing that posses me off is just like I told him is he put my money on that I was gonna use for a very important cardiac testing and procedures. Which really pisses me off. I mean this is my life here. He had really no reason to be opening claims up . I was being very polite and cooperative him. Long story short to speed things up. Just a couple of days ago he opens up a claim with his credit card company stating he never authorized the purchase. .. ????? Which leaves me stuck even more but confused because this makes no sense and should be fraud. So he goes on social media and puts me out like I'm the worst guy to deal with. And just to get this straight here I asked him to get a quote to see how much it would be to correct the notching and I would cover that cost but like I said he decided to handle it using PayPal dispute. Even through all that mess I'm still gonna be the bigger man here I will offer to ship an unmachined block and cover some of the machining costs if and when he sends me the emails he claims he has stating his little credit card claim only happened in error and when he keeps my name out and clears my name else where . Until that happens my hands are tied. I've never screwed anyone over ever. I've had people here and everywhere send a good amount of money as gift and I've never screwed people over.
I'm not going to argue with you on here also. You've denied everything and called me a liar and saying Ive made everything up. You even spoke to the machine shop and denied everything he said. You have not offered any resolution to this situation at all.
Remember the reason I lost the paypal claim for this hunk of junk? because Paypal doesn't cover "Custom" not for any other reason.

This is the first time you have offered to do ANYTHING. After all the insults, this is the first time you've offered a solution. And NO that will not be enough. You need to cover ALL of the machine work and the block that has already been purchased.
Not some. This is not my mistake that you messed up.

On top of that, the claim was filed under the incorrect category by the credit card provider NOT ME. So keep searching for pebbles.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by _des_
I'm not going to argue with you on here also. You've denied everything and called me a liar and saying Ive made everything up. You even spoke to the machine shop and denied everything he said. You have not offered any resolution to this situation at all.
Remember the reason I lost the paypal claim for this hunk of junk? because Paypal doesn't cover "Custom" not for any other reason.

This is the first time you have offered to do ANYTHING. After all the insults, this is the first time you've offered a solution. And NO that will not be enough. You need to cover ALL of the machine work and the block that has already been purchased.
Not some. This is not my mistake that you messed up.

On top of that, the claim was filed under the incorrect category by the credit card provider NOT ME. So keep searching for pebbles.

I'm not her to argue either Mohammed. I'm here to try to settle all this down like grown men but it's hard to try and come to n agreement if you keep lying man. Let's start from the beginning, that water damage is the only thing I will say is I'm not at fault for . Period. And the reason you lost your first claim is because you took the whole block apart without coming to that agreement first. In other words if you would very returned the block it wouldn't be as it was received. That's the reason you where denied. Where did you learn PayPal doesn't cover custom work? On Facebook ?lololol and again you come here and lie by saying this is the first time I offer to do ANYTHING. I will post pics of the text messages offering to help out to prove that all you do is lie now. And on the whole you making a false claim with your bank thing I have yet to see prove of that being a mistake by them . I'm still waiting on your emails. Like I said I'm offering you what I think it's fair but I already told you my agreement. Next move is yours.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

This is me trying to cover machine shop fees. Just an example of me trying to solve the issue. Now tell me who's lying...
Attached Thumbnails Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-screenshot_2016-03-21-13-04-14.png   Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)-screenshot_2016-03-21-13-07-53.png  
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

That was before we found out that the block needs more then just being notched.
After we found more and more wrong with it and told you whats wrong, you claimed I was making it up and denied everything the machine shop told you. None of this is acceptable.

Want to explain the scarred rod bearings? or want to blame that on me also?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

That was before we found out that the block needs more then just being notched.
After we found more and more wrong with it and told you whats wrong, you claimed I was making it up and denied everything the machine shop told you. None of this is acceptable.

Want to explain the scarred rod bearings? or want to blame that on me also?

Yes you are correct that was a text from before but it proves that I did try to fix the issue. I'm offering you this now. You still haven't proved you are not a liar. Still waiting . Quit going around your lies and put some evidence you are not a liar. I feel like you are wasting my time and excuses and lies to lake up.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

I take it ALL the pictures, The video, The documentation isn't considered evidence to you?

Pay the price of the block that had to purchase locally $300 + what ever the cost of the machine work is + new rod bearings.

Thats the only solution. If not we can continue going this route.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

I take it ALL the pictures, The video, The documentation isn't considered evidence to you?

Pay the price of the block that had to purchase locally $300 + what ever the cost of the machine work is + new rod bearings.

Thats the only solution. If not we can continue going this route.
No I'll do what I said I'd do if you do what I said you should do. Like I said I'm still waiting for that email .
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

huh?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Oh and heck no I'm not paying that much for a block. I'll send you one and you can do what you'd like with it you can sell it
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

So your offering to send me a block only?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of djikonatx(David david.i.gardea)