Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam alert oK-Boi7o

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scam alert oK-Boi7o

Kinda of a complicated deal but I saw a post a few months back from oK-Boi7o selling a used FP HTA3586. I offered him a trade for a brand new Precision 5862 plus $500 on top. We traded and I sent him money through PayPal. We just did a fresh 2.0L build on my Evo 8 and broke the motor in on stock turbo. Everything went smoothly until we went to throw on the new manifold and HTA86 for tuning. At this point, there were about 1 000 miles on the motor with no issues. We went to street tune the car but heard a bit of noise from the turbo and it wasn't spoiling quite right. There was almost no shaft play in the turbo before or after the few miles when we tried tuning the car but we could tell the bearings were shot. I took it to a diesel performance shop and had them rebuild the turbo. They gave me the old Garrett center cartridge and showed me where is wore out. I told oK-Boi7o about the issue multiple times and he kept saying he would pay for it. He stopped messaging me all together so I tried to stay in contact. He has recently blocked me on all social media and blocked my phone number. As of right now, the rebuild is out of my own pocket. I tried filing a dispute on PayPal but can't do anything since it wasn't done as a "goods or services" transaction. I have the invoice and pictures of the bad bearing as well.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Aug 15, 2016 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Removed personal information
Old Aug 15, 2016, 06:31 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
You're going to need to provide screen shots of the messages showing an agreement to reimburse. This is also yet another example of why we ask people to avoid using the gift option in Paypal.

I'm sure there are two sides to this, so I will PM the other member.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few screenshots from when we talked over Facebook. There was a lot more discussed but this is up until the point where he blocked me. This is also the bill I got for the rebuild and the center cartridge. Kind of hard to see but there are scratches where the bearing sits and it was way out of balance.