Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Japan Partner - fraud alert

Old Oct 29, 2016, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Japan Partner - fraud alert

This message is in regard to a Mercedes A160 from Japan Partner Inc, sold to me on January 25, 2016. The vehicle that Japan Partner Inc shipped to me is not of the quality certified in by the auction sheet or by , Japan Partner Inc. The auction sheet listed the AS60 as a 3.5 which its representative Manny, (Assistant Manager, for PIC – Africa, Asia and Canada) certified at the company’s Yard in Japan at 497-0043 Aichi-ken, Amagun, Kanie-cho, Shinchiaki, Ato-higashi 80-1.
I specifically contracted and paid Japan Partner Inc to conduct this basic due diligence and an inspection to verify the quality specified on the auction sheet. The company did not perform this task. As a result, I have received a car that would had been listed on the auction sheet as ‘R’ (repair) status. It will cost over $7000 thousand dollars to repair this car as it is clearly not the 3.5 represented in the sheet.
Anyone who would had done a basic check by started the ignition, would had easily noted on dashboard that the transmission was stuck in “F” limp mode (or second gear). This car has serious transmission problems and will not shift out of second gear.
I am looking for a way to compel Japan Partner Inc to make arrangements to pay the amounts to repair the vehicle to restore it to the original quality of 3.5 it represented and certified on the auction sheet.
I conducted a BC provincial inspection and the mechanic found several very serious problems with the vehicle. According to his report, the car was NOT a 3.5 as depicted on the auction sheet when I bid on the car. This vehicle has been grossly misrepresented by Japan Partner Inc.
Japan has a reputation for integrity and honesty. I expect more from a Japanese company.
Has any had experience in recovering money from a disreputable Japanese car exporter? Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
That is ****ty man. I used Brave auto works for my aristo and it was flawless when it arrived. I guess you have to be careful who you use to imports your stuff.