Notices

Oman Evo Team Launch

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ramseywebber
This community is in Oman. I wish we had something like this in the UAE. My freind Ahmed has an Evo 9 and he comes down to Al Ain and we have alot of fun doing runs up Jabel Hafeet. You are more than welcomed to come and join us sometime. Maybe we can start our own community here.
I haven't heard of anything for STIs in the UAE. If you check some of the online forums like this one except for STIs you might find something.
I feel like there are more Evos in Dubai than STIs.
What year is your STI?
I came from Ukraine, i sold my 350z there.. felt in love in STI's and Evo's..
Now i got resident visa for me and my wife, got my UAE driving licence and now im waiting till november to see 2011 STI's.. I will drive both and then decide on what to buy..
I live in Jumeirah, oposite Burj Al Arab.. and i already saw 3-4 neighbors with STI's on their parking I often see 1 red(loud) STI's driving in Jumeirah..
On STI Forums nothing from UAE, but i found 1 old thread about STI's from Oman.

I love this country so much sometimes its boring but when ill get a good car there will be no boring anymore
Old Oct 17, 2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by GoSuStyle
I came from Ukraine, i sold my 350z there.. felt in love in STI's and Evo's..
Now i got resident visa for me and my wife, got my UAE driving licence and now im waiting till november to see 2011 STI's.. I will drive both and then decide on what to buy..
I live in Jumeirah, oposite Burj Al Arab.. and i already saw 3-4 neighbors with STI's on their parking I often see 1 red(loud) STI's driving in Jumeirah..
On STI Forums nothing from UAE, but i found 1 old thread about STI's from Oman.

I love this country so much sometimes its boring but when ill get a good car there will be no boring anymore
Yes Im sure the new STI is going to be a very amazing car. I cant wait to see it. I think the Dealership in Dubai will only have a WRX for test drive like they did with the last model. I'de love to see how much they have improved the new STI.
Maybe there are more STIs in dubai like you are saying. I was thinking that since they have only been selling STIs for just over one year, there would be more evos.
They have an evo for test driving at al habtoor, its a SST.
Let me know what you choose. It would be nice to meet up.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ramseywebber
Yes Im sure the new STI is going to be a very amazing car. I cant wait to see it. I think the Dealership in Dubai will only have a WRX for test drive like they did with the last model. I'de love to see how much they have improved the new STI.
Maybe there are more STIs in dubai like you are saying. I was thinking that since they have only been selling STIs for just over one year, there would be more evos.
They have an evo for test driving at al habtoor, its a SST.
Let me know what you choose. It would be nice to meet up.
I will buy only manual car, i hate driving automatic cars, just not my taste
Yeap they improved suspension alot on 2011's. I will let you know as soon as i buy one.. definitely would be nice to meet up..
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
very nice pics! thanks for sharing!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

thx for the support and visit guys !
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

very nice stuff mashaAllah!

Mabrook guys! I am so gonna rub this in @ our dealership here! lol

Once again.... congratulations!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:20 AM

Ya I wish we had a dealership like this here. I just paid 3,100AED ($850) for a 40K service! After I left, there was a metal rattle in the back tire. It turns out that they didnt tighten a bolt hard enough which caused a loud rattle in the back.
Habtoor has a pretty bad rep except for the ex raliart manager (Stuart). The dealership is the biggest drawback when it comes to buying new evos in the UAE. 3 of the evo guys have left this year. The salesman who sold me the car told me that he and all the other sales reps had to sell their cars and buy mitsis. CRAZY COMPANY!
UAE