Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

MO Evo spotted thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey terry,

yeah nice to run into a fellow rally red.

its only fun to drive it at night considering the damn heat during the days.... and with my ****ty ebay FMIC getting heatsoaked...
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

North of Springfield, IL on the way to MOD...Kryptonite pulls in to the truckstop we're all parked at, but she is tooooooo good to talk to us. Hmmmmph.

Last friday: Elephant Bar by West County Mall...saw Spraa in all his time-attack goodness. Girl-friend thought I drove my evo to pick her up from a business lunch and starts heading towards it to get in...until she realizes the driver is waaaaaay younger than me. ...and he had no back seat.

I used to be young.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

If you ants in the pants types would of hung out for 5 more minutes ('cause I HAD to go PEE really bad!) you guys wouldn't of gotten "LOST" on the way there.....
Ever go into a womens restroom at a truck stop in the a.m.? Let me say there is quite a few hair armpits flying around changing clothes, brushing teeth and hogging the she-urinals.
I lookd for ya'll at MOD- but my memory is fading with what you all look like.
Suck it- Trabeck
Old Sep 18, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, you do have a bad memory...I look nothing like Alex Trabeck. And SmokedMustang lives nowhere around here, so...

I am trying to come up with a nice destination for a short cruise in October. Was originally thinking Fast Eddie's, but that would exclude the under twenty-one crowd, and that's bad.

Once I have a route and ending place in mind, I will get another meet up...then you can refresh your memory on what we look like.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:48 PM

Hey someone knows my car! haha.

Yeah I took the back seats out because I had to move lots of big metal trays. Didn't want to scratch up the leather. They haven't made it back in yet....

Next time flag me down! I need to meet more people from the site in STL.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wondering if the owner of a white VIII is on here that parks in the parking lot below SE hospital in Cape Girardeau. Have seen the car for a few years now but never seen the owner. Other than that car my car (well mine now) are the only Evos around that are not X’s.

Also there are two X’s in the area one white the other looks to be a maroon. I don’t see the X’s very often though.

Raist
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:56 AM

Cool

Around 19 AUG 10, in the afternoon, W bound HWY 30 in Murphy. There was an accident that caused a jam. I talked to a dude in a silver 8 GSR while waiting. He said he had catback exhaust, intake, MBC and a flash. I didn't get his name or if he's registered on this site though.
Old May 3, 2011, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

bigggggg bump to the MO spotted thread... saw another [modded] Rally Red Evo X at the corner of 141 and Jeffco over the weekend. i was in the other RR X
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by sfearl1
bigggggg bump to the MO spotted thread... saw another [modded] Rally Red Evo X at the corner of 141 and Jeffco over the weekend. i was in the other RR X

Was it at the fast food place on the corner? Did it have ridiculous driving lights on the front?

Last edited by tidy2000; Jun 24, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

ha! assuming that was you judging by your avatar...

are you on any of the local evo boards? (midwestevos.com)

i passed you again on jeffco right there at church road a little while back when you were sitting in one of those parking lots turning out. didn't realize it was you until you pulled out onto jeffco and got behind me... tried to slow down to give you a thumbs up but you turned into bellacino's parking lot (i think?)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:56 PM

This is the only one I usually look at, not that often though, I just happened to be looking up timing chains stretching. Skipped 4 notches, havoc soon followed. Mine is in the shop now recovering from that... Should be out and about again sometime next week.

So far I've seen 4 evos that I don't know about... There was the red x, silver x, blue xiii/ix, and a white ix. All in the Arnold area. Up until 06 I was running around in a yellow viii then moved to Ny.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tidy2000
This is the only one I usually look at, not that often though, I just happened to be looking up timing chains stretching. Skipped 4 notches, havoc soon followed. Mine is in the shop now recovering from that... Should be out and about again sometime next week.

So far I've seen 4 evos that I don't know about... There was the red x, silver x, blue xiii/ix, and a white ix. All in the Arnold area. Up until 06 I was running around in a yellow viii then moved to Ny.
Nice on the yellow viii. Did you sell it up in NY? I've seen a lot more in the area lately too... ended up parking next to a guy at the DMV in a black MR X that lives in Soco - cool guy. I was behind another different black X on Jeffco, saw a black wingless X on 141, talked to a younger guy in a red xiii/ix coming from Baumgartner/Lemay Ferry, and I've seen a blue xiii/ix in Shop n' Save's lot a few times off Jeffco. Oh and I saw another silver ix on Lemay Ferry by Old Navy.

Sorry to hear about your timing chain stretching. I came from a 350z which honestly had little to no problems. When I moved over to this forum to learn about my new X, I freaked out reading about these cars and the catastrophic issues they were having. Then I realized the majority of Evo owners beat the living **** out of these cars - so it all made sense.

What was the extent of damage to yours? Do you track it or do any autox or rallyx events around here? I'd like to get into autox here soon.

Last edited by sfearl1; Jun 25, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:21 PM

The yellow evo was left in NY. It started having electrical issues caused by the previous owner. I did NOTHING to that car, and about 2 years in, the computer was shorting out. They traced it to the driver side kick panel in a bundle of wires. Half of them looked like they had been tapped into for one reason or another, and only some of them taped up. it was cheaper and easier to just trade it in.

As for the X, as of right now, it's being covered under an extended warranty. Not quite sure what the total is, but I've been told it's over 3k. It's at Hi Tuned Performance right now. They have done most of the work for me on this car. I haven't taken it to any track days yet, although I was going to go to an event on the 19th (the weekend after my chain crapped out.) with StLRallyX . I was also looking into the Solo events at the Family Arena... but don't have the tires to handle that abuse and be able to drive home... tread is a little low.

The only other thing I do with it is volunteer at the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood in Salem, MO every Feb. I run med sweep for them. That should explain the lights.

Check out those websites. That's where I spend most of my time with my car.

Last edited by tidy2000; Jun 25, 2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

cool man. well keep me updated and let me know how the fix is going. anxious to hear how much it costs to get her back up and running. if you want to meet up and go on a cruise or anything, i'm in
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:38 PM

Cool

White EVO 8 (prob GSR) spotted headed westbound on Vogel RD (Arnold) today around 1245.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MO Evo spotted thread