Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Firming-up the St.Louis Dyno Day date(s)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2003, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firming-up the St.Louis Dyno Day date(s)

This post is broken into two parts:

The WORKS GB $$

Let me start by saying, we have had some great response to the Works gb/dyno day gtg feeler! I would like to extend a sincere thanks to everyone who has responded to date! As long as we can hold or improve our current number of participants, we are at the threshold of having enough folks involved to have Works on-site doing reflashes, and will also be able to enjoy a 15% discount in parts and services from Works. If we hit 20 or more participants in the gb we will see a 20% discount opportunity!

Works is currently ready to take 25% down orders for this St.Louis dyno day gb. The 25% would be calculated off of the current $449 re-flash cost since we do not currently have the boost control reflash pricing available yet. Anyone wanting to get in just needs to call Works at(415)641-9675, and let the person from Works know that you want to initiate a 25% pre-order for the St.Louis Dyno day re-flash/parts gb. If their is any confusion ask to speak with Gavin, Keith, or Meagan as they are all aware of this Gb.

Btw- I will reiterate, that per Works, they will take your card number for authorization & approval reasons, but you will not be charged until the product or service is delivered in whole. You will also have the ability to opt-out if you so choose at any time.

The gb discount will be applied at the time the parts/services are delivered based on number of participants involved. This way no one is extended on their cards until the actual event, and everyone has excellent flexibility. If we do have Works on site they will have the ability to perform credit card transaction at the event!

Note: The discounts will also be available to anyone who wants to be a part of the Works gb regardless of whether they want to make the trek to St.Louis or not. So for anyone interested in buying Works parts or a reflash, this is an opportune time to jump on the wagon!

Please do me a big favor, and pm me if anyone has any issues or questions whatsoever. I would also like you to send me a confirmation pm to let me know when, and if, you have completed your pre-order transaction with Works. This way I can keep tabs on who is prepped and who is not, and will also keep us on top of the quantity of committed participants.

List of Works GB Participants

1) Ajax77 (Boost control re-flash)
2) CompJoc (Boost control re-flash) Pre-order deposit confirmed *
3) boomn29 (Boost control re-flash) Pre-order deposit confirmed *
4) SpikeLS1 (Boost control re-flash *
5) slt (Boost control re-flash/aperture) Pre-order deposit confirmed*
7) Dan0119 (Boost control re-flash) Pre-order deposit confirmed
8) Ducati98 (P2 re-flash) Pre-order deposit confirmed
9) Jfe (P2 re-flash/exhale?)

The St.Louis Dyno Day & GTG
*= denotes final confirm

Beyond the Works gb, we now need to focus on the dyno day and gtg date. We have confirmed that the 11/1 date seems to be the best date for most people, and that is our current target as a group and with Axis Racing. I have confirmed that this is also a good date for Works as well.

We have agreed to get Ron a list of people participating in the dyno-day activity by next Friday October the 3rd, so if you plan on attending and want dyno time let me know. The list below provides a current list and confirmation of who is currently signed-up for this gig.

This event is open to Evo's and other Lancers as well, and we may even see a few other cars like Wrx's pop-up. You do not have to dyno your car to come down and meet with folks, and can just hang-out and meet with other Lancer owners if you would like.

List of St.Louis Dyno Day/Gtg Participants

1) Evo-Bill (Dyno tuning/Gtg)Confirmed
2) CompJoc (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
3) boomn29 (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
4) Street Racer (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
5) RENN-ART (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
6) slt (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
7) N10S (Gtg) Confirmed
8) Martin (Dyno tuning/Gtg) Confirmed
9) 1badevo (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
10) Dan0119 (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
11) evo8usa (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
12) GTVEVO (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
13) Kgmm (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
14) turboholic (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
15) Sano (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
16) Ducati 98 (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed
17) jfe (Dyno/Gtg) Confirmed

Note:

Dyno = 5 regular dyno pulls per car
Dyno Tuning = extended dyno tuning time (2 hours?)

Please let me know if there are any changes that need to be made to the list!

Thanks again!

N10S

Last edited by N10S; Oct 28, 2003 at 09:01 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 04:11 PM

With all being said, if anyone is planning to come down from a somewhat distant location, I will do a little research and find some decent hotels in the area of the dyno shop.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds excellent, let us know what kind of deals you can get!

N10S
Old Sep 18, 2003, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

The November 1st date is perfect for me. I will send you a pm when I put my 25% down with Works.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Chad!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like I have to back out of the purchase and just go for the dyno runs. Well here's the story, to have that built motor I would need a new block. Since the car is so new, no one is selling a used block and I'd have to go through to get one. That would be another $2000 to add to $5200 and I just don't have the money to do that. My new route is to buy a used motor with 30 miles on it for $4000 and the 15-18 hours of labor to transfer the cams over and to do new head studs. So the new approach will be around $5500. If I had the money and time, I would go with the 2.3L but it seems that it's just not gonna happen.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:48 PM

November date works for me too...I`ll prolly bring a few friends with me if thats alrite with you guyz.

I`ll also PM u as soon as I call works and give them my CC #

HAS
Old Sep 18, 2003, 02:58 PM

I talked to Ron, November 1st will work as of right now. And he welcomes Works to come down. We need a firm list of people attending with in the next few weeks so we can lock in that date if it works for everyone.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

November works for me. I'd drive there in December if I'm getting time on the dyno with Works there.

Thanks again Jeff!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Evo-Bill- No problem on the reflash deal, hopefully you can make it down for the dyno day regardless as we would like to have a good turn-out for the dyno activities. If you should change your mind later just let me know!

1badevo- Sounds excellent! Bringing friends won't be an issue and just let me know when you have talked with Works!

Dan0119- Thanks for confirming on the date! Lets hope we have nice cool weather and no precip

Turbopoo2000- I don't see any issue in being able to get that list to Ron within the next two weeks. Thanks for helping set this up! Btw should I put you on the dyno day/gtg list right?

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thing rolling forward!

N10S
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

So is it Oct 25/26 or Nov 1/2?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

I definitely intend to get the ECU flash on the groupbuy, but I may just have to pass on the dyno runs due to time constraints on the Nov 1st weekend...

Also, we need to find out what they are going to be charging for the boost control reflash... I'm hopeful it will be priced the same or perhaps only slightly more than the current ECU flash prices - I am not really willing to pay hundreds more for that option when a $50 MBC will do the same thing and allows adjustability as well.

Fife, are you going to get in on this groupbuy? or just the dyno pulls and keep saving for the Xcede?

Last edited by SpikeLS1; Sep 18, 2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVO-Bill
So is it Oct 25/26 or Nov 1/2?
Shooting for Nov 1 with a roll-over to Nov 2 if needed. Still good?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SpikeLS1
I definitely intend to get the ECU flash on the groupbuy, but I may just have to pass on the dyno runs due to time constraints on the Nov 1st weekend...

SpikeLS1 - I will take you off the Dyno list but keep you on the Gb.

Also, we need to find out what they are going to be charging for the boost control reflash... I'm hopeful it will be priced the same or perhaps only slightly more than the current ECU flash prices - I am not really willing to pay hundreds more for that option when a $50 MBC will do the same thing and allows adjustability as well.

I agree....the pricing and the dyno charts will make it or break it for most folks I think. David is pretty confident that people will be pumped about the dyno numbers, and the cost won't be out of line he says. He is basically saying sign-up for it, do the 25% with no immedite charge to your credit card just for approval only, and if you don't like what you see we will cancel your order.

Thats risk free in my book, and only provides an up-side of the gb discount if we can keep folks on focus. The down side of this deal is just the waiting game to get the numbers out. If the numbers are great everyone will be on, if they aren't some will fall away.
When I talked with Works on Tuesday, they indicated a couple of weeks out at least on getting the info formally announced.

I have expressed my concerns to Works that it is imperative to get out the info as soon as possible. At the same time if they are fine tuning the maps, and dyno tuning still (which they are), I want the boost control re-flash to be perfect and I can wait a bit.
I am as impatient as the next guy though, and want to know all of the details as quickly as possible.

Btw- I already have a nice MBC sitting in my drawer from my WRX days that could easily be installed in my Evo, but it isn't going to be quite as effective as a boost control re-flash when it comes to tuning the fuel, timing, and boost maps dynamically. That is why it will remain in my drawer for now while I wait on the better solution. Hope you guys do too!

Thanks for hanging-in, and once the formal data is out I think we will all be happy we waited the few extra weeks for the product!

N10S

Fife, are you going to get in on this groupbuy? or just the dyno pulls and keep saving for the Xcede?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

I'm good for the 1st

Quick Reply: Firming-up the St.Louis Dyno Day date(s)