Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

who wants to kart at road america?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who wants to kart at road america?

anybody want to do some high speed karting up by road america? they have a large (0.8 mile) karting course. it is actually inside the main 4 mile race track - the karting track is inside the carousel. if you have been to chicago indoor racing this is a little like that - only the track is wider and larger, it is outdoors, and the karts are a bit faster. just as with CIR you get print outs of your lap times when all the racing is done.

here's a video of a version of the course (its configured by race and group size i believe): Road America | Road Racing at its Best! | Briggs & Stratton Motorplex

video:
YouTube - Helmet Cam Karting at Road America's Briggs & Stratton Motorplex

date:
may 22nd, sunday morning, probably 10am

cost:
$105

i'm going to be up here at a resort for a work thing on the weekend. this is a post work thing event. we need 30 people to make this happen else the price is not very economical. i'm at 19 last i checked for work. i need to know if you are interested soon and need to get the money prepaid as well. the event goes on rain or shine; i've heard it's rather fun in the rain although i bet you get a bit dirtay. fyi concessions will be open and there will be SCCA races going on all day on the 4 mile race track around us. please respond to this thread or PM me if you are interested! sessions were estimated at 8 minutes and you will get at least 4 sessions on the track if this is run like it was when we did it in 2009. if you want to watch the SCCA races outside of the area we're in i believe you'd have to pay general admission, if you wanted to hang around and watch the races from this area for a while it would not cost anything. not if we don't get 30 we can still do it, it just costs more; ie. 25 people at $126.

-------------
1-19. sickmint79 + coworkers (about 66% of coworkers have taken survey; closes may 16th a few more should be picked up)
Old May 7, 2011, 10:43 PM

20-22. nasioc

still could use some more !
Old May 8, 2011, 08:56 AM

23. chitownm representing