Notices

SST FLUID COOLER is out!! with test comparisons!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SST FLUID COOLER is out!! with test comparisons!

Souce: http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/...uid/index.html

When, SST fluid temperature with such as circuit travelling rises and exceeds constant temperature entering safe mode the fact that it becomes not be able to travel can be evaded. It is the cooling system where travelling in long haul becomes possible by jointly using with the air cooled core of normal. At the Fuji speedway short course it becomes possible to finish to run travelling framework 25 minute. Even with when temperature of the SST fluid rises, the effect of the cooling lap becomes large, re-travelling directly possible.

With normal with travelling of 10 parts with oil sound rise thrust into fail-safe mode. Confronting, 'as for the HKS SST OIL COOLER KIT' equipped car, until it reaches to the same temperature, time by the fact that it removes the insecure element, to be above time, be able to concentrate on driving, it stabilizes and from the fact that you can repeat LAP, it contributes to also time rise.

*Test car is making 360ps, and it takes twice the time for the SST fluid to reach 128 degrees celcius*

The result of the test inside the company HKS, exchange to the bulk core and addition of the fan for cooling not be able to expect the effect, almost it was not different from normal. But, HKS succeeded in reducing the temperature of oil substantially with the individual system. HKS SST OIL COOLER is the necessity in sport travelling by the SST car.

Notes:
There is small processing of the part, but there is no big processing. Genuine fog lamp combined use possible and HKS I/C combined use possible.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
price?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so if i can understand the horribly translated babelfish output is,

the HKS is a standalone cooler, in which you can be on the track to get repeated lap times, in which the HKS cooler can allow the SST oil to be cooled down at the same cooling RATE if not faster than how the OEM cools down the oil when the car is operated under normal driving conditions. (ie. both cooling rates are the same?)

did i get that right?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

The cooling rate of the HKS SST cooler is double than that of the OEM cooler as stated in the 1st graph. *Test car is making 360ps, and it takes twice the time for the SST fluid to reach 128 degrees celcius*

The 2nd graph is just a demostration of attaching a fan to the OEM cooler vs no fan with OEM cooler. The results is nearly identical.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 04:03 PM

126,000 Yen....around 1,100 USD or so
Old Aug 24, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
The cooling rate of the HKS SST cooler is double than that of the OEM cooler as stated in the 1st graph. *Test car is making 360ps, and it takes twice the time for the SST fluid to reach 128 degrees celcius*

The 2nd graph is just a demostration of attaching a fan to the OEM cooler vs no fan with OEM cooler. The results is nearly identical.

AHh. thanks for the clarification..

twice the time, but does it maintain it, or does that temp still go back up?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

it probably goes up at a very slow process gradually enough time for you not to trigger the warning at the track, definitely the most effective SST cooler option out there and that is proven to work.

Originally Posted by Chebosto
AHh. thanks for the clarification..

twice the time, but does it maintain it, or does that temp still go back up?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

blitz also have a SST Cooler out aswell..
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
it probably goes up at a very slow process gradually enough time for you not to trigger the warning at the track, definitely the most effective SST cooler option out there and that is proven to work.
well... 'most effective' is subjective.. its alsp part marketing...

i'll be making my own cooler once my front bumper arrives from Japan, so then i can accurately plan real estate of where to place this cooler, and an upgraded one for the oil cooler..
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I still find it humorous that my pt cruiser has a bar and plate trans cooler that is front mounted, that is literally 3 times the size of the cooler on my Evo....So when my gf comes home and the pt cruiser is missing its front clip, we'll know why. What was mitsubishi thinking with that tiny *** cooler anyhow.

On topic though, the HKS cooler looks very nice, and nearly identicle to the Setrab fan pack unit that SSP is putting together.