Notices

Attn: Russel or anyone from mitsubishiparts.net

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Attn: Russel or anyone from mitsubishiparts.net

Hello,

i will try to keep this short and to the point and as informative as i can. Also please be aware every action i have taken has and will be documented.

I ordered a jdm evo ix rear bumper cover from you guys in February. I knew and seen it would be three months or so before it arrived which i was ok with since you only carry my color WW and it is the cheapest available. I never once called pestering your company with where it was or what was going on since i have ordered from you before and trusted you. I did call once a few days after placing the order because i had noticed on your site it says full payment due upon checkout, but the money had not been taken from my account. Russel took care of that and the money was transferred.

anxiously awaiting the arrival of my bumper once i got the email with the tracking information i could barely contain myself. Today while at work i was notified by my gf that my package had arrived. I was bursting with joy... until she informed me it wasnt in a box.

HUH?!?! not in a box? she replied with no its just wrapped in bubble wrap. once i got off work i rush home praying maybe some decent person at fed ex handled my package with care. upon arriving home i find the package. wrapped in bubble wrap would be an OVER statement. the bumper was wrapped in two layers of foam wrapping paper. I feel this is a very neglectful thing on mitsubishiparts.nets end when i spent over $600 for this bumper and waited 3 long months when i could have easily went and spent a little more at somewhere like driveline who sells jdm rear bumpers.

so as im praying and slicing open what you could hardly call packaging the places that are torn and i just know will be scratched and beat up look decent so i start to breathe a sigh of relief... until i turn the bumper over. the dent starts at about an inch above the exhaust cutout and goes almost to where the bottom of the tail light would be. i will say i was sick to my stomach and unbelievably pissed, but i held my composure. i quickly stopped what i was doing and photographed and documented the damage and immediately called hoping they would still be open. they were. Russel answered the phone. i calmy explain the situation to him and the response i got was not what i expected. he said "well it sounds like this will be a shipping department problem, let me put you through to them"

may has well been the "jeopardy" music playing while i waited, and of course i dont get an answer just a please leave a message. so i did. again calmly i explain the situation and leave my number and ask to be called back.

so here is the point. i have exhausted every option i have. i called explained to Russel who i thought was the main guy over there, he passed me off so i left a message, i have also left a post on your facebook page along with photos of the damage, i have submitted an inquiry on your support page, and now im here. the ball is in your court to make this right and i do expect a call tomorrow. i feel an email will not get this resolved quick enough. you have my phone number, my email, my facebook page to message me from, this page to reach me, and my address if you want to snail mail me.

i would also like you to know i have already taken it upon myself to call fed ex and see my options. according to them mitsubishiparts.net has to be the one to file the claim and i cant. however, i do not feel fed ex should be held liable for this poor job of packaging something so easily damaged. so with that being said i do not expect to hear back from you telling me to contact fed ex. you guys need to if thats what you feel you need to do BEFORE contacting me.

I do not expect to pay for return shipping on this bumper i feel it should be mitsubishiparts.nets responsibility since it is damaged due to neglectful packaging methods, and i do expect either a replacement shipped pretty quickly, or a full reimbursement of my money shipping charges and all without any cancellation or restocking fees.

if worst comes to worst and this issue cannot be resolved in a timely professional manner, i will be forced to contact Thurston County District Court and request a Notice of Small Claims form to take legal action. I hope this is resolved and it does not come to this, but i have been in similiar situations like this before, one of which a company was in Texas was forced to pay our phone bill for two months due to long distance phone calls, rental car fees, and a full reimbursement of my money over a set of wheels and tires they didnt want to send me after i had paid in full.

here is a picture of the damage right after being opened right where the fed ex guy left the package on my front porch. the white foam paper is the only thing this bumper was shipped in.

Attn: Russel or anyone from mitsubishiparts.net-jdm-bumper.jpg

i hope to hear from someone soon, whoever it is whether it be from your shipping department or head of sales. lets not point fingers at each other and pass me off to the next guy in line at your company like what happened today, lets just get this issue resolved.
Old May 3, 2013, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got off the phone with mitsubishiparts.net. im going to start using names so no one has to deal with crap like this. Russel was a bit more concerned this time and put me through to some other guy. I didnt catch his name.after explaining the situation he put me in contact with a woman named dorothy. She said i could exchange it but they are out of stock and do not know when another shipment will be... figures. She then said my next option is to fix itand have a body shop quote sent over but usually they only rrefund 150 to $200. Im pretty sure this will be more than 200 dollars worth of damage i explained and then said so if thats the option you want me to take i will but i will have to be reimburesed for the repair cost in full. Didnt seem like she liked that too much and again explained i could return it and wait who knows how long. Thats no longer an option to me i explained im not waiting anymore so ill go to a body shop and email you guys a quote, and if you cant reimburse me in full on the body shop charges something will have to be done to ship this bumper back and my money refunded in full. She also made the remark that the bumpers came from japan in nothing but that same "bubble wrap". Well this lets me know if thats a true statement they dont check their orders for damage before shipping which is neglectful on their part since if it was damaged on the boat and they inspected it this could have been avoided. Hopefully they may see this and the other threads i have made and work a little faster to resolve this since it seems to me they arent trying to hard. I shouldnt have to put this bumper in a body shop before it ever goes on the car. Now this bumper will have bondo possibly and a weak spot in the plastic. Next step after contacting body shop and seeing what they say after they get a high quote will be thruston county district court for a notice of small claims.