Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2015 f1

Old Mar 29, 2015, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

awesome job Ferrari!!! looks like the German precision - focus - stamina and the Italian finesse - elegance is the key
Old Mar 29, 2015, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Side note:
in my opinion we actually see a history in making with those young Rosso drivers. I mean they are astonishingly good drivers and they are very very in they early driver carrier ....
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very exciting race…. gives me great hope. I think Ferrari's strong pace was due to the track as they had such little DF which was apparent in Qualifying…. (I believe I heard that during the commentary), which less DF than your rivals might not go so well at other tracks… but none the less very happy to see Ferrari in the mix.

So sad for Alonso however….who knew he just needed to stay a seventh year with Marinello
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...from-mercedes/

Great analysis on JAonF1. If what this is saying is true, then we are shaping up for a VERY exciting season with Ferrari and Merc battling it out for top honors. Strategy will play a big part and there is going to be more flat out racing.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome back to the first half of 2013 where Mercedes has dominant qualifying speed, but then tire wear keeps them from running away from the field in the actual race. Pirelli said that they were told to make the tires faster, and not last as long.....like pre-2014....so it makes sense that we'd be back there. Only difference is that it's Ferrari instead of RBR that has the tire wear issue worked out AND competitive speed.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 07:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Not the most exciting race but always enjoy each event. Did you guys hear the RedBull failure of that Renault engine?

Better race was the first time Indy race at NOLA. Crazy run in the wet w/many, many issues

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Apr 12, 2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
the first few laps was very exciting. the rest of the race was so so. the fight in the midfield was pretty good. seems like ferrari still have ways to go yet. hami and nico had more speed in the bag that they weren't using.

you guys see the post race interview nico accused hami of slowing down to screw up nicos race. nico was very intense.

Last edited by honda-guy; Apr 13, 2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty decent race with the Ferrari boys trying to keep the Mercs honest. But I think the real fun was watching the races in the mid-field and the back. Gotta say, Max V. really impressed with his passing in the braking zone. To keep the car under such control while braking and changing directions showed uncanny ability. He really caught those other drivers by surprise.

That kid is going to be something else.

Watching Pastor duking it out with Button until the contact was pretty good. Then there was the mini battle with the RBR boys until Danill let Danny boy pass. McLaren certainly has come a long way but I don't think we will see their true potential until mid season. Honda really needs to hurry up and iron out the bugs so the the McLarens can run at full power.

I really think they will be right up there with Merc and Ferrari. Yes I am claiming that this early in the season.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

isn't the engine freeze still in effect? so honda can't do much engine development through out the season. i might be bias but i think most of of issues is with mclaren. they had a great mercedes engine last year and still sucked while Williams ran strong last year.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
isn't the engine freeze still in effect? so honda can't do much engine development through out the season. i might be bias but i think most of of issues is with mclaren. they had a great mercedes engine last year and still sucked while Williams ran strong last year.

The maclaren chassis does suck. But I think the Honda motor is turd also. The car is down on power, and they have been having reliability issues with the power unit. Its the unfortunate result of the testing ban. No amount of dyno time can simulate race conditions...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Old news but the engine manufacturers have "tokens" to upgrade parts on their engines:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...r-development/

With the arrival or Prodromou (sp?) from RedBull to McLaren I really think aerodynamically the car is sound. Even Button was mentioning the car was really balanced and a pleasure to drive. So it seems he's brought a bunch of technologies over from RedBull to help the McLarens.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone else notice that Lewis has beaten Nico to the flag in 8 of the 9 races since they banned driver coaching on the radio last fall?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GG06MR
Anyone else notice that Lewis has beaten Nico to the flag in 8 of the 9 races since they banned driver coaching on the radio last fall?
Yup, that was one of the main things I noticed after they stopped driver coaching. The cream floats to the top.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

some cool tech from Honda. just need to make it reliable.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118626
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

^ So basically you posted a link supporting my hypothesis earlier. Aero on the McLaren is sound but power is lacking. I'm telling you guys, once Honda figures out their crap, WATCH OUT! The McLarens will be coming in full force to spice things up.

Btw another amazing race, IMHO with excellent race management by the fastest guy in F1. But Kimi was coming hard towards the end of the race, who knows what would've happened if he had a few more laps. Lots of really good battle for position up and down the grid. Bahrain never seems to disappoint. The Ferrari boyz are really putting the heat on the Merc boyz. The season is shaping up to be a thriller.

A really good post race analysis:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...vettels-mercy/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 f1