Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2015 f1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
^ So basically you posted a link supporting my hypothesis earlier. Aero on the McLaren is sound but power is lacking. I'm telling you guys, once Honda figures out their crap, WATCH OUT! The McLarens will be coming in full force to spice things up.

Btw another amazing race, IMHO with excellent race management by the fastest guy in F1. But Kimi was coming hard towards the end of the race, who knows what would've happened if he had a few more laps. Lots of really good battle for position up and down the grid. Bahrain never seems to disappoint. The Ferrari boyz are really putting the heat on the Merc boyz. The season is shaping up to be a thriller.

A really good post race analysis:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...vettels-mercy/
I don't think McLaren will be challenging for podiums until next year, but otherwise very much agreed. Step 1. sort out engine. Step 2. work with Alonso to maximize 2016 car design and setup to his liking. Step 3. demonstrate next year that Alonso is still one of the best driver's on the grid with at least a few wins, and another Top 3 finish in the points standings.
Old May 7, 2015, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118687

{thum bup}
Old May 7, 2015, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yea, I hear he is quite the talent but so is Esteban Ocon (sp?) and yet he doesn't have a ride in F1 while he beat Max Verstappen.

Get ready for the start of the European series this week with Circuit De Barcelona. I hear Renault is bringing an updated engine. McLaren has new liveries and updates. While Force India is still waiting for their B spec car. Should be good!
Old May 10, 2015, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
really thought hami would be able to get around vettle during the first stint. i guess its a really hard track to pass. hami's car had a much faster pace in clean air after the second pit stop. would have been interesting to see if hami could get around rosberg if vettel didn't get between them after the start.
Old May 11, 2015, 06:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
^^^Yes, hard to pass. Wait until Monaco

Amazing stat to know that some 92% of the pole sitters win in Spain. Thats how close the margins are!
Old May 11, 2015, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, Monaco has always been a snoozefest. i don't get the excitement over it. seems like people are more interested with the partying than the racing there.
Old May 11, 2015, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like the Championship is heating up. Great drive by Rosberg to control the race. Hamilton and Vettel were really going at it. It was nice to see Hami make the 3 stopper work. I would've liked to see him to push to the end can catch Rosberg but the team basically said it was impossible so he layed off the throttle.

It seems like Dietrich Mateschitz and Red Bull are serious about pulling out of F1 after the lackluster start to their season. Great summary to the race.
Linky
Old May 12, 2015, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Rumors are getting strong RedBull may be out and Audi in. What I don't understand is why Renault doesn't just buy RedBull instead of Lotus.

Linky

This just goes to show RedBull was never in it for the love of the sport but in for themselves. Just because they aren't winning now, they're willing to throw the toys out of the pram. Someone needs to call them a Wahmbulance! I knew there was a reason I was never fond of RedBull and Vettel.
Old May 24, 2015, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that was a depressing finish for Hami…. sad
Old May 24, 2015, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
was falling asleep the first 68 laps, then it got interesting lol
Old May 24, 2015, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Mercedes royally effed that up. it sucks when team decisions cause driver to loose the race. it seems like hami get a lot of crappy race strategy from the team.
Old May 24, 2015, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i wonder , what is really behind a scene between mercedes and hamilton. this is not a first time .... looks to me an inside job against him.
Old May 24, 2015, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i wonder , what is really behind a scene between mercedes and hamilton. this is not a first time .... looks to me an inside job against him.
yeah, he has had a few race thrown away because of bad strategy. maybe mercedes wants nico to win so they can say a mercedes driver won Monaco 3 times.

very mature comments from nico

Last edited by honda-guy; May 24, 2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old May 24, 2015, 07:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
Mercedes royally effed that up. it sucks when team decisions cause driver to loose the race. it seems like hami get a lot of crappy race strategy from the team.
Not to mention the 4.1 second pit stop.
Old May 25, 2015, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I liked the interview with the guy calling the strategy where he said they brought Hamilton because the algorithm told them to do so and that the algorithm was better the common sense. Very German.

Quick Reply: 2015 f1