Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2015 f1

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 06:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Ham handled the issue poorly, whereas Nic handled it like the pro he is
Old May 25, 2015, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Ham handled the issue poorly, whereas Nic handled it like the pro he is
well. hami handled it a lot better than i would have. lol. not sure how anyone else would handle loosing a race after leading the race with huge gap and only 12 laps to go.

the Verstappen pass was such a bad move. could see that coming miles away. it's such a crappy track for modern race cars. no where to pass. hami's pace was probably 2 seconds per lap faster than vettle but he couldn't around him anywhere even on much better tires.

Last edited by honda-guy; May 25, 2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by honda-guy
well. hami handled it a lot better than i would have. lol. not sure how anyone else would handle loosing a race after leading the race with huge gap and only 12 laps to go.

the Verstappen pass was such a bad move. could see that coming miles away. it's such a crappy track for modern race cars. no where to pass. hami's pace was probably 2 seconds per lap faster than vettle but he couldn't around him anywhere even on much better tires.
LOL, when I was younger I would have thrown a real fit as well Now, w/more mature eyes, Ham could have done a lot better. (are you kidding me $150 mil). Ros has always impressed by w/his humble attitude vs the high style of Ham

Yes, Mad Max really screwed the pooch on that attempt. Not even close. Still impressed that he at least attempted the move
Old May 26, 2015, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like it was as much as Hamilton's fault as the team's.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/2...tons-pit-call/
Old May 28, 2015, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
Agreed. Unfortunately the recording stopped on my DVR as Hami got out of the car as the NBC SN broadcast stopped. So I didn't get to watch his expression or his post race interview. I couldn't believe what happened. WTF were the Merc race strategists thinking?!? Hamilton was ROBBed. But that's how any sport goes.

Some interesting things about what happened behind the scenes

MinusPrevious: Handled it like a Pro? You mean like the time he whined about being stuck behind Hamilton when being attacked by Vettel during the post race interview?

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; May 28, 2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old May 28, 2015, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like there are some murmurings about potential driver choices for the US Haas F1 team:

Linky

Would really love to see an American driver in an American team. Maybe Alex Rossi will finally get his shot.
Old May 28, 2015, 05:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
MinusPrevious: Handled it like a Pro? You mean like the time he whined about being stuck behind Hamilton when being attacked by Vettel during the post race interview?
Good point

Just not a Ham fan. Dont like the smug attitude, dont like the $$$earrings$$$ or his new tats. Ros appears to be more of a humble character
Old May 28, 2015, 05:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Good point

Just not a Ham fan. Dont like the smug attitude, dont like the $$$earrings$$$ or his new tats. Ros appears to be more of a humble character
I don't think you get to F1 without being a huge prima donna. Except maybe Button. But I think they all have their whiny phases.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

I guess the Austrian GP race was so boring, nobody wants to comment eh?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

hami didn't win, so no care.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

For some reason Nico is really good at this track. The battle between Hulk and Bottas was really good. Hulk has done an amazing job bringing the "Farce India" A-spec chassis that high up the rankings. It will be interesting to see what he can do with the B-spec chassis.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 04:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
I guess the Austrian GP race was so boring, nobody wants to comment eh?
You all are watching the wrong series. Did anyone watch Indy car at Fontana. 5 wide

Record breaking lead changes (80)
Old Jun 29, 2015, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

You all are watching the wrong series. Did anyone watch Indy car at Fontana. 5 wide

Record breaking lead changes (80)
i watched it for about 10 minutes. got bored just driving in circle, draft, pass, draft, pass. i've watched Indy on road course. much better.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Holycow! What an exciting race start to finish. The 2015 British GP did not disappoint and had uncertainty in spades. Anything and everything that could happen in the race happened. LOL! The fastest guy in F1 still won the race. Massa and Bottas got boned due to the rain at the final few laps and Vettel gets lucky yet again and steals a podium at the very end.

McLaren and Alonso get their 1st point of the season. The Hulk shows why he is one of the best and deserves to be with a faster team. Crazy stuff!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

hellz yeah. great race till the end. it was big gamble for hami to put on inter tires at the end. it could have dried up and he would have been screwed. but maybe they had more info there than we know.

wonder if alonso would have finished better if he didn't hit button and the wing change too so long.

Quick Reply: 2015 f1