Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2015 f1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
2015 f1

Yesterday i tried to watch the Australian GP live on NBCsport. The biggest disappointment of my life.
I had to turn it off the TV and go to sleep. The broadcast was un-watchable. Breaking up every 4 -10 sec, picture and voice too. Its like a satellite dish going wrong.

I was the only one

I cant even see the accident after the start, etc. I am pissed. Specially because i stayed up and home saturday to see Vettel in a Ferrari
Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No problems here, just watched the live broadcast from DVR. Replay is 4 pm EDT.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

thanks ill be watching . Then should be my cable provider , but funny since the other channels was just fine.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

i just watched it. Was a good race. Kimi has no luck
Old Mar 15, 2015, 02:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Well, it was the first race w/a lot of issues w/some of the teams. 11 cars finishing

"I thought you were taller"? What kind of comment was that
Old Mar 15, 2015, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Had similar problems during the Super Bowl. Had to watch the game in standard definition. Have changed cable providers since. I sure hope someone can take it to Mercedes this year, or else it's going to get a bit monotonous.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
the race was very disappointing. there was a few decent pass. can't believe mclaren/honda doing so bad. they are two of the largest manufacture and can't get **** right. don't really like alonso much but hoping that he can turn the car around. nice to see marussia doing well. hopefully that will attract more sponsors for them.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad for Alonso…. but yes McLaren is 7 secs/lap off pace…jesus christ. Teams might improve throughout the season, but for the most part, the pace is the pace…. looks like another Mercedes Season…. Here's to hoping for 2016.

In other news, glad to see Ferrari is at least competitive with everyone else thus far.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 09:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Broadcast was fine for me.

I can't believe redbull is b!tching about Mercedes' pace. The cars sound stupid, and the racing still sucks. F1 is turning into a dog and pony show..
Old Mar 19, 2015, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Same here, didn't have a problem with the broadcast. I guess I was one of the few that enjoyed the race. For me, seening almost half the cars falling off/not competing was just crazy stuff! So as a one off event it was kinda enjoyable. Plus its the start of the season, how can it not be exciting!?!

Then there was the crazy controversy with Sauber and GVG. Sauber and MK really $cr3wed the pooch with this one. They almost didn't run. I was hoping GVG got the cars confiscated. Phillipe Nasr impressed with his drive but I'm rooting against Sauber for their lack of business ethics.

Then to see the herculean effort by Manor/Marussia was awesome. I'm really pulling for those guys. I hope they get to run in Malaysia and make up some ground. Also just to see Honda back and doing some laps was cool. I mean honestly it's their 1st real test where the car has run that many laps. It will be exciting to see how much they improve through out the season.

Ferrari seems to have clawed back a lot of performance and now is right there with Williams. I bet Freddy boy is kicking himself for leaving how. Vettel gets lucky with the faster Ferrari after it seems RedBull/Renault are dropping down the pecking order. Now they threaten to leave the sport, what a bunch of cry babies. Someone needs to call them a Waaaaambulance.

Lewis seems to be in top form. It seems if he wins the next race he may be on his way to a 3rd WDC as it may hurt Nico's mental game. Can't wait for the next race.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope Rosberg can get his act together and challenge Hamilton, otherwise another boring season is ahead of us. Im more interested watching F1 Qualifying than actual race. They have ruined the sport at least to me.

Time to change the channel to moto gp...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by letMeIn
I hope Rosberg can get his act together and challenge Hamilton, otherwise another boring season is ahead of us. Im more interested watching F1 Qualifying than actual race. They have ruined the sport at least to me.

Time to change the channel to moto gp...
GTLM in IMSA is plenty exciting, same for LMP-H
Old Mar 29, 2015, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
wow, great race. looks like it wont be a boring season after all. Mercedes definitely screwed up the race strategy but thumbs up to Vettle/Ferrari for excellent tire management. Mercedes has a faster pace but ferrari has easier on tires.

what the eff McLaren/Honda
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Merc F1 team threw away the race win based on bad strategy call. What were they thinking when they called in both cars during the 1st safety car which was only a few laps in?!? You would think they would stay out longer since the medium tire would last longer behind the safety car.

Great job by Ferrari and Vettel. Funny how the new Ferrari is just the old Lotus painted red. Either way it seems this season is turning out be VERY exciting!!!

I wonder how Alonso is feeling with his move to McLaren. Ironic how both Force India drivers got a 10 sec penalty for contact. Perez I can understand, he should've backed off a little but where the heck was Hulk supposed to go? Speaking of which Nasr makes contact AGAIN ruining Kimi's race.

And the Toro Rossos finish in front of the Red Bull main team amidst the fallout between Red Bull and Renault. Anyone think Newey not being full time is affecting performance?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
For sure a good race & good to see Ferrari has the pace to compete at the top

Quick Reply: 2015 f1