Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Motorsports Classifieds?

Old May 5, 2015, 03:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Question Motorsports Classifieds?

I'm trying to make the case for a new section in the marketplace but I need your help.

I'm having a hard time convincing the site Admins how a Motorsports Classifieds section would be any different than just posting things like wheels inside the wheels section.

Old May 5, 2015, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's super useful, especially with the amount of people interested in motorsports w/ evo's. It helps weed out all the crap that is for looks or style, and gets all the useful stuff in one area.
Old May 5, 2015, 05:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Here's the NASIOC version

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192

It's not really high volume, but for relatively rare stuff like JRZ's that have a limited audience, it's kind of nice to see it all in one place.
Old May 5, 2015, 06:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
The motorsport section of this forum has very dedicated and knowledgeable people. People that will go out of their way to answer questions and help their competitors for the "spirit of competition". Yes it can all be posted in normal classifieds but it can get lost in the fray of 19x7 wheels, Teins w/ EDFC, and Borla manifolds. Racers know what good components are worth and are happy to pay for them. A motorsport classified section would be a nice tip of the hat to the guys that keep this platform relevant while advancing the sport. And it would be a nice spot to sell trailers, DOT slicks, wheels, and other items that in all honesty only the competitive people care about.
Old May 5, 2015, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100% agree. I don't check the classifieds often because what i'm looking for, chances are is mixed in between all the noise. But having a section dedicated to what WE are looking to buy/sell, definitely is a worthy subsection IMO.
Old May 6, 2015, 07:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
A motorsports-specific classifieds section would be very helpful, in my opinion.

A lot of the items that we're interested in buying/selling don't overlap with the types of items that the average Evo owner is going to be interested in. As mentioned above, high-dollar shocks are one such example that could otherwise find a home in the standard FS/FT forums, but the thread is going to be lost among the noise for the most part while people sell their super-cheap coilover setups. Big brake kits are perhaps the only exception. Kids love their big brake kits.

But beyond that, there are a lot of motorsports-specific items that might not be a good fit elsewhere. For example, dataloggers, track-oriented cooling solutions, safety gear, and so forth.

But most of all, not having to wade through all of the noise of the FS/FT forums when looking for motorsports-specific gear would be the biggest advantage.

That, and keeping FS threads out of the general Motorsports section.
Old May 6, 2015, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YES YES YES!!! Make this happen please! It's also nice to purchase items from the group of guys you trust! If this falls through, someone could make a Facebook group selling motorsports specific evo items. Limit the group to the guys who actually use their cars. Just an idea.
Old May 6, 2015, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I would find this very useful. You have my vote.
Old May 6, 2015, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This would be awesome! Even more so if it were placed in the Motorsports Section rather than the Classifieds section. Like said before we are buying and selling things that do not normally interest the average Evo Owner. I have found a few things in the classifieds that there were no bites on around 5 or 6 pages deep.
Old May 6, 2015, 09:53 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by ReaperX
Even more so if it were placed in the Motorsports Section rather than the Classifieds section.
We can't do that due to tech limitations, but we could add it to the EvoM Marketplace.

Keep in mind that the usual marketplace rules would apply.

Old May 6, 2015, 10:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 722 Likes on 566 Posts
Things very specific to a track car would be great to have filtered out. If I were trying to sell say my R/TErnie trailing links, they would just be lost in the noise of tein garbage, used brake pad, and basic parts.

I do worry that it would still get filled with similar garbage since technically, yes, a race car does need an exhaust or swaybar bushings.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I am also fully supporting this section as great addition to Motorsport section. I am also trying to sell my race-street tires, but I don't even want to try it over there due to too much noise...
Old May 6, 2015, 10:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
We can't do that due to tech limitations, but we could add it to the EvoM Marketplace.

Keep in mind that the usual marketplace rules would apply.

Stay with me as I am not a web designer so this may be an utterly stupid thought. I understand that it has to be in the marketplace due to tech issues. Does the link to the Motorsports F/S have to be visible to everyone? Can the only link to get there be in a sticky in the Motorsports section?
Old May 6, 2015, 10:38 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by terror rising
Stay with me as I am not a web designer so this may be an utterly stupid thought. I understand that it has to be in the marketplace due to tech issues. Does the link to the Motorsports F/S have to be visible to everyone? Can the only link to get there be in a sticky in the Motorsports section?
Not sure, but I highly doubt IB would want to do that.

I don't think they have a vested interest in limiting content, regardless of target audience.

Just an assumption though.
Old May 6, 2015, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The only issue I have is now we will have to look in two sections. Not all people will put their items in both sections and you may miss a lot of things not looking in both. There will be tons of people unaware of this section. It does suck to go through multiple pages to look for a certain item but I belive this site has broken it down pretty well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motorsports Classifieds?