Flat or Round? The great Earth debate. - evolutionm.net

New Off-Topic Open to all members. Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the Lancer and Lancer Evolution in any way.

Flat or Round? The great Earth debate.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 07:48 AM   #1
Evolved Member

Flat or Round? The great Earth debate.

I just cant bite my tongue with Elon Musk and his spaceX company. if you are in bed with NASA in any way you are just pure EVIL.

there is no space that man can fly to. all that company does is steal big money and spin the lies.

thermosphere = 4000 degrees. all the time.
thermosphere = 56miles from earth to 250-500 miles thick.

only seven elements can exist at 4000 degrees. none of which spacecraft are made of. how does a life form get past this layer to get to space? WE DONT. its called truth in plain site.

spacex is a complete BS company. you cant land a rocket on its tail any more than you can throw a toothpick across the room and it land on its end. its all just bad CGI. you would need 12 thrusters, 6 on top and 6 on the bottom to control the flight of a tube. not to mention just as much thrust to land it as it took to take off. unbelievable the world we live in. open your eyes people. jeez.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Feb 23, 2017 at 06:41 AM.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 08:58 AM   #2
Evolved Member

Drives: 2005 Evo 8. 2011 F150 FX4

When Jerry goes full conspiracy theorist...

You have to have matter to convey energy (heat), I'll just bold the important part...

The highly diluted gas in this layer can reach 2,500 C (4,530 F) during the day. Even though the temperature is so high, one would not feel warm in the thermosphere, because it is so near vacuum that there is not enough contact with the few atoms of gas to transfer much heat. A normal thermometer might be significantly below 0 C (32 F), at least at night, because the energy lost by thermal radiation would exceed the energy acquired from the atmospheric gas by direct contact. In the anacoustic zone above 160 kilometres (99 mi), the density is so low that molecular interactions are too infrequent to permit the transmission of sound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermosphere

Old Feb 22, 2017, 09:05 AM   #3
Evolved Member

Drives: 2011 Evo MR, 2003 Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe View Post
and I just cant bite my tongue with Elon Musk and his spaceX company. if you are in bed with NASA in any way you are just pure EVIL.

there is no space that man can fly to. all that company does is steal big money and spin the lies.

thermosphere = 4000 degrees. all the time.
thermosphere = 56miles from earth to 250-500 miles thick.

only seven elements can exist at 4000 degrees. none of which spacecraft are made of. how does a life form get past this layer to get to space? WE DONT. its called truth in plain site.

spacex is a complete BS company. you cant land a rocket on its tail any more than you can throw a toothpick across the room and it land on its end. its all just bad CGI. you would need 12 thrusters, 6 on top and 6 on the bottom to control the flight of a tube. not to mention just as much thrust to land it as it took to take off. unbelievable the world we live in. open your eyes people. jeez.
Damn, if you can bring on board this level of conspiracy theory / paranoia you might as well believe you are living in the matrix.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:17 AM   #4
Evolving Member

Drives: 06 Evo IX MR SE and a Snowboard

Whoa!

Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:20 AM   #5
EvoM Guru

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Quote:
there is no space that man can fly to.
bahahhha, let me guess you think the earth is flat and NASA just is really good at CGI with all the footage of the earth being round. The non flat horizon is just an illusion as well.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 02:42 PM   #6
Evolved Member

Up until my 55th birthday I believed the earth was a globe. cruising utube next to my son at age 12. I came across a bunch of flat earth videos. he laughed at me ''dad, you are not gonna look at those?" I book marked and walked away. "I might look at them later, I want to see where these people are wrong"

Well now the jokes on me. yes I believed in the stupid Copernicus system. Because why not? thats what i was taught. and I went to good schools. jesuit for hecks sake. and private schools. It didnt take long after looking at the data. The earth is flat. the sun is not 93 million miles away. the moon is not 234,000 miles away. they are both very close to earth.

Its basically like this. people are gullible, and they are full of pride. It would be pointless to have a meaningful conversation with anyone about science. your brain is much like a calculator. junk in junk out. you cant put bad data in and have the computer spit out good data. to gain any knowledge on this subject you have to get rid of the earth as spherical model. and re-educate yourself. it took me 100s of hours to erase 50 years of stupidity and replace it with real knowledge. I must say it is unreal interesting if you care to look. i had a blast relearning and re-educating myself.

While no one cares to be laughed at , I do not enjoy debates with stupidity. so you wont get a debate from me. I dont have the time or patience for it.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Evolved Member

Drives: 328i, NC Miata

Quote:
Up until my 55th birthday I believed the earth was a globe. cruising utube next to my son at age 12. I came across a bunch of flat earth videos. he laughed at me ''dad, you are not gonna look at those?" I book marked and walked away. "I might look at them later, I want to see where these people are wrong"

Well now the jokes on me. yes I believed in the stupid Copernicus system. Because why not? thats what i was taught. and I went to good schools. jesuit for hecks sake. and private schools. It didnt take long after looking at the data. The earth is flat. the sun is not 93 million miles away. the moon is not 234,000 miles away. they are both very close to earth.

Its basically like this. people are gullible, and they are full of pride. It would be pointless to have a meaningful conversation with anyone about science. your brain is much like a calculator. junk in junk out. you cant put bad data in and have the computer spit out good data. to gain any knowledge on this subject you have to get rid of the earth as spherical model. and re-educate yourself. it took me 100s of hours to erase 50 years of stupidity and replace it with real knowledge. I must say it is unreal interesting if you care to look. i had a blast relearning and re-educating myself.

While no one cares to be laughed at , I do not enjoy debates with stupidity. so you wont get a debate from me. I dont have the time or patience for it.
i can't tell if you're serious or not. but if you seriously believe the earth is flat, how come nobody has found the edge of the earth?

Old Feb 22, 2017, 03:02 PM   #8
Evolved Member

Quote:

Brawndo, its got what plants crave.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 03:35 PM   #9

Drives: 2006 TB Evo IX SE, 2010 Civic DX, 2008 Scion XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
i can't tell if you're serious or not. but if you seriously believe the earth is flat, how come nobody has found the edge of the earth?
I looked into it...for ****s and giggles..

Supposedly the edges are protected by underwater aliens...LMAO!

Google "Operation Highjump"

z
e
R
e
p

Old Feb 22, 2017, 07:37 PM   #10
EvoM Guru

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Quote:

Oh wow. I am really sorry you feel this way. I will now dismiss absolutely everything you have posted in the past and will post in the future on this forum.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 08:04 PM   #11
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
to effectively answer that question would take hours to explain. there is no one sentence answer that would do the subject any justice. i am serious. as you I "believed" the earth was a globe for 55 years. I now "know" the earth is flat. The edge of the earth is a completely fascinating subject. but by no means a small one.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 08:07 PM   #12
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Oh wow. I am really sorry you feel this way. I will now dismiss absolutely everything you have posted in the past and will post in the future on this forum.

for me i will now lower your estimated IQ from 135 to about 100

Old Feb 22, 2017, 08:12 PM   #13
Evolved Member

Quote:
to effectively answer that question would take hours to explain. there is no one sentence answer that would do the subject any justice. i am serious. as you I "believed" the earth was a globe for 55 years. I now "know" the earth is flat. The edge of the earth is a completely fascinating subject. but by no means a small one.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 08:22 PM   #14
Evolved Member

maaaaaybe someone with an IQ higher than 100 can explain why the sun would interact with the clouds if the sun is actually 92 million miles from earth? and clouds are just a few miles from earth.

there are currently 382,000 videos on utube "clouds behind the sun"

either the sun is close to the flat earth, 382,000 people have a lot of time on their hands making fake videos, or now we need to rewrite textbooks to disclose clouds are 92 million miles away too.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Feb 22, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

Old Feb 22, 2017, 09:03 PM   #15
EvoM Moderator

Drives: IX

holy ****! i thought *some* people were bad about youtube videos but this takes the cake. i heard if you drill a hole in the bottom of your iphone7 the 3.5mm jack is still there