Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Wondering where to take your Evo in DFW?

Old Jan 24, 2014, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I used TTW once back when it was called PTP, but that was over 3 years ago. Their inability to balance tires after two tries really turned me off. I've had no issues with Cobb's or EvoD's balancer.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm somewhat new to the Evo community but its been an interesting venture so far. I am the owner at White Wing Weaponry the gun shop just east of Denton on hwy 380. If anyone is needing ceramic coating or thermal dissipation coatings we offer these in house. I've seen quite a few evo's up here so we might be able to save you some driving.
Old May 29, 2014, 11:02 AM

Someone keyed my evo x

Wondering if you guys had any good shops that have experience with evos. Someone decided it would be funny and keyed my car
Old May 29, 2014, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoX14
Wondering if you guys had any good shops that have experience with evos. Someone decided it would be funny and keyed my car
Originally Posted by Kracka
Trade Secret Auto - Plano, TX
-High quality body, frame, & paint shop with experience on numerous local Evos.
-Detailing available.
Everything you need in post #1.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:01 AM

Has anybody had actual work done at Evolution Dynamic? Thinking about taking my car down there to get some mechanical/tune issues done, but just wanted opinions from people who have personally had there evo's worked there.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoyang87
Has anybody had actual work done at Evolution Dynamic? Thinking about taking my car down there to get some mechanical/tune issues done, but just wanted opinions from people who have personally had there evo's worked there.
Always have my 2011 ww X MR worked there. Kevin helped to intall the parts. Richard tuned both ECU and SST. I've tracked my car for over 2 yrs, since they do race settings/tunings, they also provided me some decent advises. Last year, they even rebuild my 4B11T since it's damaged in a hot lap on track. The work was taken a bit longer than i expected, but overall as a quality job. I personally recommend them =)
Old Sep 4, 2015, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by odin
Always have my 2011 ww X MR worked there. Kevin helped to intall the parts. Richard tuned both ECU and SST. I've tracked my car for over 2 yrs, since they do race settings/tunings, they also provided me some decent advises. Last year, they even rebuild my 4B11T since it's damaged in a hot lap on track. The work was taken a bit longer than i expected, but overall as a quality job. I personally recommend them =)

Great to hear!! Car is running a bit funny and I am not sure exactly as to what the problem may be, so hopefully Kevin or Richard can help me diagnose and get my baby back up and running. I will call them come Tuesday. Not too sure if they will be open on Monday, but I might try. Appreciate the quick response and the recommendation!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoyang87
Great to hear!! Car is running a bit funny and I am not sure exactly as to what the problem may be, so hopefully Kevin or Richard can help me diagnose and get my baby back up and running. I will call them come Tuesday. Not too sure if they will be open on Monday, but I might try. Appreciate the quick response and the recommendation!
Np, Bro! They should open Mon~Fri tho. I'll take my baby there soon for a quick check too.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 07:24 PM

Has anybody had any problems with Cobb Plano ?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

I really hope they can remove Trade Secrets on the list. You know my car is there for a very long time.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ak47m203
I really hope they can remove Trade Secrets on the list. You know my car is there for a very long time.
How long has it been there?

I had to get some work done after the spring storms, and when I went to see them, they were so backed up, they said it would be *several months* before they could even schedule me.

I checked a few other places, and it was the same story, basically a 5-6 mo backlog.

Not saying they're not at fault, just that this has been a very busy year for body shops.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IMPdemon

I had to get some work done after the spring storms, and when I went to see them, they were so backed up, they said it would be *several months* before they could even schedule me.

I checked a few other places, and it was the same story, basically a 5-6 mo backlog.

Not saying they're not at fault, just that this has been a very busy year for body shops.
This is not due to backlog.

Sept 28 when I send my car for the 2nd time due to missing parts.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...d-evo-x-2.html

Until now it is not done. I'm good to them, I don't yell and I don't curse. But I choose TSecrets due to recommendation on this thread inspite that I have another 2 good shops 5 minutes from my house.

This is about the work done in the right way. Why parts are missing, do you even have check list?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Try this. Cars there is mostly Lambo and Ferrari. It's a low volume shops. This one 5 minutes from my house. Good google review.
http://www.newconceptautoworks.com/
Old Oct 23, 2016, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ah well in that case I guess I'm glad I never followed up to get work done with them. Sorry to hear about the mess you're dealing with, hope they can make things right for you.

As a service industry, it seems that body shops are subject to the same mixed performance issues. One day everyone loves them, the next, they stumble, no one has 100% rating.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Ah well in that case I guess I'm glad I never followed up to get work done with them. Sorry to hear about the mess you're dealing with, hope they can make things right for you.

As a service industry, it seems that body shops are subject to the same mixed performance issues. One day everyone loves them, the next, they stumble, no one has 100% rating.

In fairness to my Service advisor, he's nice and not an *** and very apologetic. It's his tech who are dumb enough not to know my radiator cover and hood heat shield is missing. They are huge.

This whole thing is missing.

Is that so obvious?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wondering where to take your Evo in DFW?