Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Subaru vs. Mitsubishi Cup 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru vs. Mitsubishi Cup 2012

I'm proud to announce the inaugural Subaru vs Mitsubishi Cup.

Purpose:
The goal of the competition is to get Subaru and Mitsubishi owners to participate in the various types of motorsport activities held throughout DFW.

Cost:
The cost to enter the competition is $30. From this, entrants will receive a t-shirt (blue for Subaru owners and red for Mitsubishi owners) and a sticker which must be displayed on the vehicle.

How to sign up:
You will have to go to a participating business to sign up for the Cup. At that time, you will order your t-shirt (they are made to order) and receive your sticker. We will get your shirt to you before the first event. We will send you a unique avatar picture to show everybody that you are participating in the Cup. The winners of the cup will receive an additional avatar picture at the end of the season.

If you cannot stop by one of the sponsor businesses, please go here to sign up for the competition.

Current list of Sponsors: (If you are interested in sponsoring the Cup, please feel free to contact me):
Evolution Dynamics
Cobb Tuning Plano
Don Herring Mitsubishi Irving
Texas Track Works

How the competition works:
After you sign up for the competition, all you have to do is attend any or all of the events shown in the schedule below. Participants are awarded 1 point per event in which they participate. Points are accumulated throughout the season according to car manufacturer. At the end of the year, the points are tallied up, and the team with the most points is crowned the winner of the Subaru vs. Mitsubishi Cup. The manufacturer name will be engraved on a tag and placed on the Cup (similar to the Stanley Cup). The cup will be kept at the winning manufacturer car dealership. The cup will travel to whichever manufacturer wins in that year.

End-of-year party:
At the end of the season, there will be celebration for all participants and family to attend. Hopefully, the weather will stay nice and we can have an outdoor picnic. The event will be catered (food and beer) at no expense to the participants and their family. If others want to come, they will be charged $15 upon arrival. The trophy will be presented to the winning team at the celebration. This will be a great time to get everybody together to swap stories and talk smack for the next year.

Schedule of events: (Regular entry fees still apply*)
Date Event typeLocationOrganization 
April14AutocrossMineral WellsNTAXS 
April29Drag RaceEnnisImport Face-off 
May12AutocrossTMSNTAXS 
June3Dyno dayCobb TuningCobb Tuning 
June23RallycrossBrianne Corn RacewayTexas Rallysport 
Sep22Road RaceMSRDon Herring 
Oct7Road RaceEagles CanyonNASA TX 
OctTBDDrag Race________Dallas Imports 
OctTBDCar show________Dallas Imports 
TBD Rallycross________North Texas Rallycross 
*We are currently working with all organizers to offer a discounted entrance fee to each event. NASA TX has already agreed to discount the price by $50 for any participant in the Subaru vs Mitsubishi Cup who signs up for HPDE 1-4.

General rules:
1) The Subaru vs. Mitsubishi Cup is not a competition based on performance. It is simply a tool to encourage people to enjoy their cars. Any smack talking will be on a person-to-person basis.
2) As a participant, you can drive any vehicle as long as it is a Subaru or Mitsubishi. You will only receive 1 point per person per event. (e.g. In an autocross event where 2 people co-drive a Subaru and both are registered participants, you will receive 2 points for the competition OR if you drive 2 cars at an event, you will only receive 1 point.)
3) If you are registered for an event, you must drive the event. No stand-in Stigs.
4) You are not obligated to participate in any events. You can just sign up, get your shirt, and attend the party.
5) Vehicle type is ANY Subaru or Mitsubishi. Feel free to bring a Brat or Starion
6) At the end-of-year party, family means YOUR significant other and YOUR children. No moochers.

Picture of the Cup: The one we are getting will not say "Garden State Builders Association"

Current sign-up list:
Mitsubishi's:
justin81
subi.convert
Todd06MR
TxEvo8
KevinD
bonsuz01
Bluedub1
venom911
chad99evo
Dfwsilver
jons0n
Josh Dunn
WORD
Evo_Someday
Tam Nguyen
Shawn Burrell

Subaru's:
fosgate769
Reimteim
Ann-Dee Jayne
RoidRage
Nico Crous

Points results so far after 3 events:

Mitsubishi: 17 points

Subaru: 7 points

Last edited by Todd06MR; Jul 6, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a crazy cool idea. I just might have to take my useless blue pile out to a motorsport event.

-Acree
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

DO IT!!!!! We tried to keep it really simple to encourage lots of people to participate. And you get a free beer (at least one) at the end of the year.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like it might be a good idea to post this up over on NASIOC.

-Acree
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Way ahead of ya.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2325257
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Count me in. I might be able to make to some of those events.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bonsuz01
Count me in. I might be able to make to some of those events.
That is great! We tried to do a little bit of everything.

T-shirt and sticker design should be done shortly.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:43 AM

looks cool
-i'm in
i like the emphasis on participating and not having to win
oh, wait everyone wins!

how about a cruise event?
summer is a great time for that since its one event that can escape the summer heat

Last edited by DEVO330; Mar 15, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

A cruise would be a great addition to the Cup. But it would have to be an organized and sanctioned cruise by an outside entity. We are looking to piggyback on events that are already established. It would also have to be a cruise that you pay for (similar to the Dublin rally) because we are trying to get more people to participate in existing events.

If you know of anything like this between April and September, let me know. We would be happy to add it to the list.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Todd06MR
A cruise would be a great addition to the Cup. But it would have to be an organized and sanctioned cruise by an outside entity. We are looking to piggyback on events that are already established. It would also have to be a cruise that you pay for (similar to the Dublin rally) because we are trying to get more people to participate in existing events.

If you know of anything like this between April and September, let me know. We would be happy to add it to the list.
understood
SCCA Rallies are very different, but definitely worth looking into
i don't think anyone is presently participating and
maybe they'd consider allowing us to run the course ahead of their groups/classes
(at least those of us wanting to do a drive and not get lost or keep times)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:10 PM

this is awesome .. i wish i was close by
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:47 PM

It would also have to be a cruise that you pay for (similar to the Dublin rally) because we are trying to get more people to participate in existing events.
I'd wager a cruise isn't a cruise if you have to pay an entrance fee. I've been on two this year so far and the only thing we had to pay was gas and food.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bullett
I'd wager a cruise isn't a cruise if you have to pay an entrance fee. I've been on two this year so far and the only thing we had to pay was gas and food.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Kelly knew what I meant. They are called a rally. You go from place to place and follow a map or clues and you are shooting for a specific time. They are usually for charity and it is supposed to be a fun all-day event where you get to drive around to cool landmarks. We will not be adding a cruise down highways as a Cup event.

The main reason we are trying to do this Cup is to get more people involved in motorsports. Stuff you can't/shouldn't do on the street. This is the only way to see what you and your car are capable of.

You should join the Cup and try an autocross or the Don Herring track day. If nothing else, you can sign up and do the Cobb Dyno Day. I just want to get lots of Mitsu's involved so we can beat the Subaru's.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:54 PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Kelly knew what I meant. They are called a rally. You go from place to place and follow a map or clues and you are shooting for a specific time. They are usually for charity and it is supposed to be a fun all-day event where you get to drive around to cool landmarks.
I know what a rally is. But Kelly specifically said cruise. Cruises are not rallies and vice versa.

We will not be adding a cruise down highways as a Cup event.
This suggests to me that perhaps you have the wrong idea about what a cruise is. Or at least you don't know the type of cruise that Kelly has put together on numerous occasions. We don't simply "cruise down highways." In fact, the first cruise we went on this year, we barely touched the main roads, except on the way back. On the cruise in Austin, we only hit I-35 after our cruise to get to Austin faster and then again on the way back from the Austin cruise.

The main reason we are trying to do this Cup is to get more people involved in motorsports. Stuff you can't/shouldn't do on the street. This is the only way to see what you and your car are capable of.
That's fine, but there's an awful lot of NTEC people whose cars never touch a track, yet many of those do, in fact, see what they and their cars are capable of....just not under "race conditions." For many, their car is their daily driver -- their way to and from work. And using it for motorsports isn't always the wisest of ideas when they have to use the same vehicle to get to work Monday morning.

And personally I was going to the Cobb Dyno Day, cup event or not.

Last edited by Bullett; Mar 15, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

OK. No more mentioning the word "cruise" in this thread. Back on topic.

Anybody else interested in joining?

Quick Reply: Subaru vs. Mitsubishi Cup 2012