Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Good news for Evo X GSR owners - CMC recall!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DonMitsu
Mitsubishi is not paying for a rent car but all of our stores have shuttles and can get the car in and out fairly quickly. Our stores probably have more experience putting on clutch master cylinders since we've put on several aftermarket ones for customers over the years and we probably work on more Evos than any other local dealership. It does take about 5 hours and all of our stores have excess capacity if you call and make a morning appointment we can get it out that afternoon.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here at don herring in plano.. I drove 2 and a half hours from the base better be worth it. Lol
Old Nov 16, 2013, 06:00 PM

Update: so I got mine done at don herring plano and they said that is the last time they're doing it on a weekend. It took them the whole day since im the first one. The difference is night and day. it seems that its easier to put it in gear. Hope it helps!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:00 PM

I just got my recall letter with my car's vin printed at the top.

My car has mods on it though - can I still qualify for the recall?

(And no, I didn't change the clutch or or the CMC)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Mods and warranty do not affect a recall.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 05:27 PM

Good post, I got my little form a few days ago, apparently theres a recall for my headlights too.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

They did my headlight recall earlier this year...nothing major, but might as well have it done!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:31 AM

Luckily for me this literally got fixed minutes before I showed up to buy mine yesterday
Old Nov 23, 2013, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Good timing! Enjoy
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kracka
They did my headlight recall earlier this year...nothing major, but might as well have it done!
I've needed mine done badly...since I bought mine car has been lowered and it doesn't have factory bulbs and the distance it gives during night time driving is probably half of what it should be.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Buy better bulbs and reaim them. The recall doesn't replace the headlight or bulb, but does have to do with the aiming mechanism.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Update for everyone:

I got mine done last Friday at Don Herring Mitsu in Irving. Job took them pretty much all day, so just a heads up on that.

This next part is VERY important.

If you have aftermarket brake fluid currently in your car, you will have to bring more of it in. If not, you will have to pay for them to flush your system. I had ATE fluid and was told they could not mix the OEM fluid with it so I would have to pay for a flush (around $150). If I had brought in more ATE fluid, then it would have been fine but I did not have any.

So if you have aftermarket brake fluid in your car, bring more in otherwise you'll have to pay for a full fluid flush.

All that aside, the car feels great. I can DEFINITELY notice a difference in my clutch pedal feel. If you drive a 2008, you will definitely notice the difference. For those with 2010+, I don't think you will feel too much of a difference. I say that because I specifically remember helping Kracka flush his fluid one day and I remember pumping his clutch pedal and telling him it felt off to me. So we ended up running more fluid through and it still felt the same. He then checked it out and said that's how it has always felt. He then tried mine and understood why it didn't feel right. Now that this recall has been done on mine, it feels like how his 2010 felt that day.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

OK, so all they do is a fluid bleed, not a complete flush? That's rather ridiculous they wouldn't mix the fluids since they are compatible, but I'm sure you were due for new fluid anyway since that was a while back when we did yours with ATE Blue.

I'm going to blow their minds when I bring in my car with a can of ATE Type 200 amber since you can no longer get ATE Super Blue (which is what's currently in my car).

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 31, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
OK, so all they do is a fluid bleed, not a complete flush? That's rather ridiculous they wouldn't mix the fluids since they are compatible, but I'm sure you were due for new fluid anyway since that was a while back when we did yours with ATE Blue.
That is correct about the bleed vs flush.

It was probably coming up on time for a flush anyways so I'm not too mad about it. I just hope I can save some people the trouble of having to go through this like I did. I really think the issue was that the fluid was blue. Had it been amber, I don't think they would have noticed at all.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

What upsets me is that ATE Super Blue is a DOT4 fluid which is 100% compatible with any other DOT3 (which is what OEM Mitsubishi brake fluid is) or DOT4 brake fluid, regardless of color.

Quick Reply: Good news for Evo X GSR owners - CMC recall!