Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Ntec

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ntec

I want to take the pulse of this forum. How many are interested in regular meetings/events. Show and Shines, Track Days, etc.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm in the minority but i like track days. occasionally a cruise. i don't like car shows.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 07:19 PM

I really enjoyed MOD (Mitsu Owner Days).
Old Nov 28, 2014, 06:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Who would be interested in helping to organize? NTEC was a great club, I fear Facebook has hurt it and now a majority of the FB moderators are not Evo owners but will neither give up control of the page to the club, nor refrain from making decisions on who can be a part of the club. This club use to be a group of guys who loved cars. I would support getting us back to that including supporting the events, but I don't know how to best put the club back together. Who would be willing to help?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
Who would be interested in helping to organize? NTEC was a great club, I fear Facebook has hurt it and now a majority of the FB moderators are not Evo owners but will neither give up control of the page to the club, nor refrain from making decisions on who can be a part of the club. This club use to be a group of guys who loved cars. I would support getting us back to that including supporting the events, but I don't know how to best put the club back together. Who would be willing to help?
that begs the question,
"Who's in charge of this forum now?"
Old Dec 1, 2014, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DEVO330
that begs the question,
"Who's in charge of this forum now?"
Nobody; when I sold my X I asked the admins to remove my moderator status. NTEC is an open group, anyone is free to plan/attend events. I'll continue planning my annual Shreveport cruise and a group of us are heading up to Minnesota in the spring for a cruise (anyone can feel free to PM me regarding either of these if they'd like more info).

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 1, 2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
I fear Facebook has hurt it and now a majority of the FB moderators are not Evo owners but will neither give up control of the page to the club, nor refrain from making decisions on who can be a part of the club.
The NTEC Facebook page has three moderators: Justin (creator of the page), myself, and Tom. Tom is the main go-to guy as he's the most active and a current Evo owner, he's the one doing the day-to-day work. The extent of my moderator is basically nothing more than keeping a general eye out to keep the discussion somewhat on the up & up; that said, I haven't deleted or edited anything in months. Justin is basically in the same role as me...general oversight but very little day-to-day activity.

I feel you are upset regarding Justin not allowing his ex-wife to be apart of the page he started; he raised the question to both Tom & myself and we unanimously agreed with him. Evo owner or not, I side with Justin as I know the nonsense she's put him through. His page, his call. She is free to post here all she wants though.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 08:47 AM

If that weasel wants to buy an Evo with my child support money that is her choice. Crying poverty in court and all. Just calling it for what it is. It is my choice who is on the NTEC FB group though and that won't change and it goes for any member on there. If you were a member first and have a problem with an ex being on there I will remove them or not allow them to be part of the FB group. Don does not like my policy so he left and there are other car dealerships who want to be part of it. I will allow them just like any other sponsor who wants to be part of NTEC FB. I think it is a horrible idea though for a sponsor to run NTEC as a whole they will make it a monopoly and letting the members run the group is the best idea. Just my 02. In my eyes as of right now I will not allow only one person who technically meets the criteria.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn! drama thread on a monday.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by momostallion
damn! drama thread on a monday.
No need for drama to ensue.

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 1, 2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

I spoke with Tom today and reiterated that we will continue to support NTEC. I would agree that NTEC should be monitored and controlled by NTEC members. We have also announced that we are sponsoring the DFW Evo club. I met with their President and VP last week and we will be offering them the same discounts we offer NTEC and are planning some joint events! If you have FB I would encourage you to join DFW Evo Club.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by momostallion
i'm in the minority but i like track days. occasionally a cruise. i don't like car shows.
Same can be said for me with the exception of Cars and Coffee and the occasional Keller's get together. I really enjoy the cruises and track days.