Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

1st ticket @ CT tint question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st ticket @ CT tint question

I just have a question, i live in CT bear in mind. Anyway I got a ticket for my tint, really for speeding but he must have not had the gun ready, today because I dont have window tint sticker. Which I didnt know what it was until I read the laws tonite. Now the following is about having tint aftermarket, my question is, Is there any way of having tint or getting this sticker from teh DMV for tint, for instance can you apply for it, or is it only allowed to people with say medical conditions?? Im just confused on whether or not to get rid of my tint totally which would suck, or to go to a lighter tint. Its just that i dont want to spend all the money for removal and new tint and then get pulled over again, pay more for a ticket, and then more to get the tint removed totally. Cause like he said, my car is very easy to spot. Anyone have any input on the laws and such, thanks

Quick Reference on Tinted Windows
Any vehicle with an after market tinted window must have a tint compliance sticker affixed to it by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Stickers may be affixed to vehicle windows which, when tested, have an allowable light transmittance of no less than 35 percent plus or minus three percent
Old Dec 2, 2004, 02:32 PM
Account Disabled

The 35% is for rear windows,providing you have 2 outside rear veiw mirrors,or for the front door,side windows with a medical condition and must be inspected at a D.M.V. inspection place,
IE; Weathersfield D.M.V. as they test amount of tint with a light gun and will give you an inspection sticker for each window tested and passed.BTW,no medical condition and only 20% tint is allowed on the front door,side windows
Old Dec 2, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Wait, slow down. So tint is allowed to a certain point without Med condition?? What % for front and back are allowed and will tehy allow it without reason?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the % is set by your local state laws etc.... i had 5% on my old jetta it was basically spray painted black it was cool anyways in my area its called jefferson county you could have any % tint thier were no laws against it but if you traveld about 20 -30 min each way and went into a dif county thier were laws our state legal i beleave is 30% is the darkest u can go but looking more into it i found out that usually once again according to ur state only the front windows have to follow this guideline.. and backs can be darker so i guess thats y limos have their rears black and the fronts not... i dont know i was told the reason they wont the fronts light is so they can c if you have a gun etc when pulling you over.

but also who wants to have really dark back end and light front end ewww just go the legal limit all the way around

evoisdream
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

i have 20 percent on the back and front (windshield banner)
then i have 35 percent on all my side windows...
i gotta go to insepection soon and i know im gonna get busted...
so my friends were telling me i can buy a sticker from a gas station?
how much does this cost? anyone?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Don't have any info to help you.....sorry.......but why have tint anyway??????? I want to be seen driving my EVO VIII. I want people to know that I own this damn awesome car.......I don't want to be hinding behind window tint in the dark.

Just my thought's......which mean nothing.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have never herd of an inspection thats pretty crazy is it done with emmissions or something?

and the reasoning behind tint differs some people like it becuase its like sunglasses without sunglasses and others like it for looks its really does change the look of a car a lot expessially a black car....... if u dont like it thats ur opinion!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoisdream
if u dont like it thats ur opinion!
I know......I just never understood it. I have a black EVO VIII and I would never put it on because it would look to getto. but like you said my opinion.

I can see if you own an old 95 honda civic and you want to hide inside it then you should tint your windows LOL
Old Dec 3, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

well.. I never had a plm with my tinted windows since i got my frist driving lic.. my evo got pretty dark tinted windows.. front both side they are 35% due to ct law i dont want get into much trouble ya know?? rear door both side they are 20% tinted.. rear windows they are 5% tinted.. it came out pretty well.. and yellow evos are very easy to spoted.. you got that right... good luck..
Old Dec 4, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
The 35% is for rear windows,providing you have 2 outside rear veiw mirrors,or for the front door,side windows with a medical condition and must be inspected at a D.M.V. inspection place,
IE; Weathersfield D.M.V. as they test amount of tint with a light gun and will give you an inspection sticker for each window tested and passed.BTW,no medical condition and only 20% tint is allowed on the front door,side windows
medical condition How could window tint and a medical condition have any correlation?????? If that is a law it just reinforces how arbitrary so many laws are.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2003evolution
came out pretty well.. and yellow evos are very easy to spoted.. you got that right... good luck..
very very very very easy to spot. but so hot looking =P
Old Dec 4, 2004, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLife
medical condition How could window tint and a medical condition have any correlation?????? If that is a law it just reinforces how arbitrary so many laws are.
Someone could just have a severe sensitivity to the sun....
Old Dec 5, 2004, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtI4
very very very very easy to spot. but so hot looking =P

Thanks man.. i love the yellow looking on my evo man!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 06:47 AM

your also notallowed to have your 2 front windows tinted at all police have to be able to see threw the back window to see how many people are in the car