Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

where can i get my car tuned

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where can i get my car tuned

i live in jersey city new jersey i just put on a injen cai where can i get my car tuned
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

precision tuning, sean ivey, turbo trix

search them
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I honestly would wait until I installed some more mods before having my car tuned, unless you already do.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

www.iveytune.com

Phone: 908-925-8700

Fax: 908-925-8702

Email: ---

Tech: engineering@iveyleaguetuning.com OR sean@iveytune.com

Sales and appointments : Sales@Iveytune.com

Address:
1230 East Elizabeth Ave, Linden, NJ 07036

Dont let anyone tell you differently, everyone knows hes the best in the business. I've had friends who have had very bad experiences with other shops mentioned in this thread. Buy a turbo back exhaust and a manual boost controller and then get a tune from him.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:54 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want a good personable guy, Pete (Petey Turbo) is great. He tunes out of Krazy House Customs, by appointment only. There are some reviews of him here, but he's well known on TriStateEvo.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

If you don't mind driving, try AL in CT from dynoflash. This guy is good
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:33 PM

CBRD Speed Factory is the truthhhh!!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
I honestly would wait until I installed some more mods before having my car tuned, unless you already do.
+1. Despite what every know it all online will tell you, you don't need a tune for every little thing you do. Especially with how rich Evos run stock. I bought my Evo with 30k miles and I don't know if it was tuned by the prior owner or not, but my guess is not as I run stock boost. He put an HKS intake on at who knows what mileage. I'm at 65k now without tuning it and without the slightest of issue. That's 35k miles minimum and likely closer to 50k to guesstimate.

Unless that's the only mod you plan on doing, get the tune. Otherwise, there's no reason to tune for an intake only.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

If you're already in Jersey, might as well go to Ivey
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:28 PM

thanks for the responses appreciate it
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:59 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by delongedoug
+1. Despite what every know it all online will tell you, you don't need a tune for every little thing you do. Especially with how rich Evos run stock. I bought my Evo with 30k miles and I don't know if it was tuned by the prior owner or not, but my guess is not as I run stock boost. He put an HKS intake on at who knows what mileage. I'm at 65k now without tuning it and without the slightest of issue. That's 35k miles minimum and likely closer to 50k to guesstimate.

Unless that's the only mod you plan on doing, get the tune. Otherwise, there's no reason to tune for an intake only.
Although it is true you do not need a tune for every bolt on part, but the reality is your enigine is not using the part to its fullest potential. I didn't do my first tune until I had a turbo-back, intake, fuel pump, and intercooler, and gained 55 hp from my tune. I've seen and read evos gaining as much as 30hp+ on an all stock tune. So it depends on how much parts you plan to install and a certain time period. Maybe intake and exhasut doesn't need immediate tuning, but adding a set of cams, and you'll need tuning as soon as possible.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 03:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by chu
If you want a good personable guy, Pete (Petey Turbo) is great. He tunes out of Krazy House Customs, by appointment only. There are some reviews of him here, but he's well known on TriStateEvo.
+1
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

sign up on our local northern NJ evo forum... www.tristateevo.com or forums.tristateevo.com ... we meet once a week at v-17 i(go kart place) in maywood, nj next to maywood mitsubishi.... i can introduce u to a lot of members with diffferent tunes...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
Although it is true you do not need a tune for every bolt on part, but the reality is your enigine is not using the part to its fullest potential. I didn't do my first tune until I had a turbo-back, intake, fuel pump, and intercooler, and gained 55 hp from my tune. I've seen and read evos gaining as much as 30hp+ on an all stock tune. So it depends on how much parts you plan to install and a certain time period. Maybe intake and exhasut doesn't need immediate tuning, but adding a set of cams, and you'll need tuning as soon as possible.
You're absolutely right. There's plenty to gain with a tune, especially to get the most out of mods. My comment was directed the tons of people who have no experience with what they're talking about, read something online and take it as gospel and spread it until you get everyone thinking they need a dyno tune for their intake or their engine will blow up.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cbrd is a highly recommended place to go. But if your just sticking with your CAI only then i would just stick to a tuner in jersey.

But if you dont mind driving to york, pa then definitly do b/c cbrd shop is ridiculous and hella fun guys.

Quick Reply: where can i get my car tuned