Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Vermont vehicle inspection questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vermont vehicle inspection questions

Question for all the Vermont'ers out here. I recently moved to Burlington a few weeks ago for work and plan on being here or a while. I'm originally from Toronto and I brought my 2012 Lancer GT with me. I've already successfully imported my car at the border and yesterday I went to the DMV to register my vehicle. Everything went smoothly and now I need to get my vehicle inspected. Prior to moving, I had most of my mods removed because I got a little paranoid, fearing they wouldn't let me import my vehicle. The only mods I wasn't able to remove were my rear bumper lip, shark fin antenna, and custom aftermarket exhaust.

My questions is will I have a problem with my after market exhaust when they do the inspection? and is there a recommended inspection station that I should go to that is a little more lenient/friendly than others? I got a custom cat-back exhaust installed and it is considerably louder than stock.

Thanks
Anthony
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:32 PM

Also forgot to mention that my windows are tinted. Came across some information and didn't realize that tint on the front windows is illegal here... fail...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:07 PM

You shouldnt have much trouble with exhaust. We dont do emissions here so if it looks like theres a cat then you should be alright most anywhere. Also, if you find smaller shops that do inspections you are better off than the bigger places. Vermont has a lot of "back woods" folks who will inspect almost anything. The difficult part is finding them.