Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Looking for trails

Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for trails

Does anyone in NJ know of any trails? Not for hiking but do drive through. Can also be in the tristate.
Old May 3, 2017, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I drove out to Assunpink Lake last winter. There's a few dirt trails on the south side of the lake.

Then if you leave the the boat launch area on the south side and head east on Clarksburg-Robbinsville Road, keep going until you reach a T-intersection with Roosevelt Ave. Then just keep going straight. You'll see the road become dirt. There's some gravel roads there.

The other place I know of is in north NJ. you go up to Port Jervis, take 97 north, then a right onto 31, then a left onto Caskey Road. This is one of those fire roads, all gravel, uphill, almost a rally stage, really fun if you can risk scratching the paint with flying rocks.

Other than that, go exploring. Look for recreational areas, state parts, etc. What I usually do on my motorcycle is take any side roads off a smaller route road, like around route 15 north of I-80. Most of those are paved, but they're still fun, twisty, provide great views.

Actually took a few videos with my SLR that day around Assinpink Lake with my old Evo 8.

Last edited by fafaforza; May 3, 2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a vacation to Moab Utah and rent a Jeep Wrangler, its a great trip!