Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Hill Climb Oregon Bible Creek Aug 5-6

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hill Climb Oregon Bible Creek Aug 5-6

Ever dream of flying up Pikes Peak, or maybe one of the classic hill climbs of Europe or the east coast? Maybe you want to have the thrill of blasting up a country road with no chance of the law coming down on you, and having an emergency safety crew standing by, just in case you screw the pooch?

Well here is your chance Northwest Hill Climb Association. And Willamette Motor Club Present the Annual Bible Creek Hill Climb, August 5-6 2006 in Beaver Oregon, just south of Tillamook on the Oregon coast.

Bible Creek Road is a paved ribbon carving through some of the most scenic wilderness in the Oregon Coast Range. It is a BLM owned road. The course measures just over 2 miles long and features both high speed and technical sections for every taste.

This is a wilderness area, so plan on preparing as you would for a Pro Rally weekend, camping and personal supplies a must, there is a barbeque Saturday night that is part of your entry fee, and all volunteer workers eat free, We Need Volunteers to work the course, this is a great way to get real close to the action and eat free.

Note to Competitors considering this is not your average autocross, be prepared as a novice to document your experience. At a minimum we need to see a couple years of autocross history, and / or a recognized driver’s school. People can and do get hurt, and cars get wrecked. You must have self control or you will break something. But it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

For information or to request entry goes to the Willamette Web Site www.wmclub.org

As a practical matter about 70 cars is all we can run so enter early
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:07 AM

i'll be there both days
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Oh man, so wish I was back in my home state...
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet, I'll plan on making this.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

that sounds awesome! Unfortunately I'll have to be in LA those days .
Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a direct sign up for this event?
is it to far to find a motel and food, strickly a camp out?
road course experience, hpde etc, enough?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:04 AM

Ok the process is to go to the WMC web site and Email a request, you will be sent an entry Pack to fill out and return. Sounds like your experience level is OK, its not the front row at Indy or F1, what we want to ensure is that the driver know his/her own limits, and that of their car. Hill Climbing can be very dangerous, there are no safety barriers, tire walls, or sand pits, just trees and cliffs. mistakes can be very costly.

The nearest hotels are in the Sheridan/ Willamina OR area, or In Tillamook both about 45 min from site, an extra 20-30 min brings you into west Salem or McMinville OR both with plenty of hotel accomidations. However if you want to stay near the site, it is a camp out deal. There is limited camping available @ the pit area, but it is a cold camp, no camp fires allowed, and it is limited on space, first come first serve. Also there are camp grounds down the road but again come early if you show up @ 8PM friday night, or early Sat Morning you may have a tough time.