Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Summer Meet - Mukilteo Beach - Sunday August 2nd - 10am

Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer Meet - Mukilteo Beach - Sunday August 2nd - 10am

Where: Mukilteo Beach
When: Sunday, August 2nd
What: A BBQ and hangout
What Time: 10 am - Whenever
Why: Because I am hungry and it summer

So DSM_Zak and myself are thinking about having a summer meet up here.

I was thinking maybe the Lynnwood park off 196th because it so big and open, we could bring a few BBQ'rs, maybe a football, frisbee, whatever, I think there is even a basketball hoop, and make a day of it.

They got a kid park deal as well so for all of the older DSM'ers with kids....ahem, we can bring the family, it will be a big DSM "family reunion".

But either way, I was thinking sometime in July or August that way we are sure to get at least one solid day of sun. I am guessing a Sunday would work best for everyone I know myself and Zak included, are usually working throughout the week and Saturday.
So pipe in and throw out some date suggestions when we get it narrowed down to a few we can start a poll.

If you have ever seen that park I would like to get enough cars to fill that parking lot..
I will get there early and block the parking lot off until we get enough cars so we should get there moderately early, so we can set up and have everything BBQ'd by lunch time.

Also this will double as a housewarming party for Zak and myself, so I know he "owed" certain people a keg for a previous meet, if we can get enough people to dominate that parking lot we can cruise over to our house and resume festivitys there....and also need enough cars to line our street...

1G's:
1. DSM_Zak
2. 1ghaaaaaw
3. blackhawk2k7
4. MY1GDSM
5. sillyme
6. Trevnasty
7. chmpgn_tsi

GVR4's:
1. mooserage

2G's:
1. fuzzydoodle
2. engineerthis87
3. SlashGSX
4. Colt90tsi
5. cerberus95tsi
6. Jason97GS-T
7. layzie12g
8. MrChallenger360
9. ampm27
10. maverick 990
11. MXboost
12. jt_gsx
13. skeeter4200

Evolutions:
1. Sassaphrass
2. AznEvoIX
3. importjake00
4. keithano
5. Fast_Freddie
6. WAIRONWORKER
7. neonhorse
8. AznEvoIX
9. Narmy77215
10. fcapistran
12. JDMevil8
13. momo_evo8
14. BrettMR
15. Craig_King
16. Mr.Wicked

Supras:
1. DrMike
2. David_Savidia
3. SMP142

The Maybe's
1. Rockbmx1 (2G)
2. DSMvroom (2G)
3. 2GA_AWD (2G)
4. whe3ls (1G)
5. fedj18 (1G)
6. saechao04 (2G)
7. lccynmbr13 (2G)
8. benr33tz
9. 1gDSMike (1G?)
10. 90_gsx_E (2g)
11. Frew (2g)
12. saechao04 (2g)
13. CPBandman (2g)

Last edited by fuzzydoodle; Jul 11, 2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'm down
Old Mar 25, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be down if it's in August!!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am always down to get off the island! Make it in August!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

I say should be somewhere else. Us locals know Lynnwood cops will be all over our nuts for this. Good idea but bad location. Plus cop station is like 3 min away, they will have a hay day with tickets for exhaust.

Originally Posted by fuzzydoodle
So DSM_Zak and myself are thinking about having a summer meet up here.

I was thinking maybe the Lynnwood park off 196th because it so big and open, we could bring a few BBQ'rs, maybe a football, frisbee, whatever, I think there is even a basketball hoop, and make a day of it.

They got a kid park deal as well so for all of the older DSM'ers with kids....ahem, we can bring the family, it will be a big DSM "family reunion".

But either way, I was thinking sometime in July or August that way we are sure to get at least one solid day of sun. I am guessing a Sunday would work best for everyone I know myself and Zak included, are usually working throughout the week and Saturday.
So pipe in and throw out some date suggestions when we get it narrowed down to a few we can start a poll.

If you have ever seen that park I would like to get enough cars to fill that parking lot..
I will get there early and block the parking lot off until we get enough cars so we should get there moderately early, so we can set up and have everything BBQ'd by lunch time.

Also this will double as a housewarming party for Zak and myself, so I know he "owed" certain people a keg for a previous meet, if we can get enough people to dominate that parking lot we can cruise over to our house and resume festivitys there....and also need enough cars to line our street...
Old Mar 25, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

eh dont like the Police thing....
but august im in
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

I say leave it in lynnwood, there is going to be cops anywhere we go. Big asz wings on cars is going to attract attention.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:37 AM

im down bring the keg!! hahah
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
I say leave it in lynnwood, there is going to be cops anywhere we go. Big asz wings on cars is going to attract attention.
This is very true, I didnt know the police station was so close, but they are going to be everywhere. And I mean if we actually do the BBQ and chill for a while out of the day we wont be loud with exhaust and that sort of thing.
That and I drive through all the time and I mean yeah sometimes you get pulled over but anyone can attest, this is EVERYWHERE, and honestly I have been pulled over in Marysville 9/10 over Everett, Lynnwood, anywhere.

And as long as we can keep the drives through town respectful, I dont see why it would be too much of a problem, I mean it could not be much worse than 30 of us driving down the freeway at mach one while we fu*k with each other. And they are all over bustin people on the freeway, but we do that just about every meet so...

But August actually has more sundays than July so that could be more do able.
You guys want to go beginning of August? Also weather checks as we get closer will determine if the date will change as well.

Last edited by fuzzydoodle; Mar 26, 2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ sounds good
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks like a plan!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

first sunday of august would work out perfect for me,just keep me posted my schedule is pretty flexible. Would the paking area/park by the mukilteo/clinton ferry run be to far outta the way? just a thought
Old Mar 27, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sassaphrass
first sunday of august would work out perfect for me,just keep me posted my schedule is pretty flexible. Would the paking area/park by the mukilteo/clinton ferry run be to far outta the way? just a thought
I will run by there tomorrow and check it out, I have been there but not for a minute and dont remember exactly how it was laid out, I know the parking lot is huge.

The only things that I could think of being a problem, is I really wanna jam this BBQ thing, and I dont know how much space there will be for that. Traffic is going to be rough with all the ferry traffic going through (that will only be coming in and out so you wont have to deal with it except those times, but still), its usually colder by the water due to wind and stuff. And being in Washington sunny days are far and few inbetween, and if we get one its usually only half as*ed sunny.

The first sunday in August is kinda what we were thinking too, but either way we will figure it out. I will check that beach out tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

I think Muk would be a better choice
But remember that first weekend in Aug is HIN either gonna be the 1st and 2nd or 8th and 9th so those who are thinkin about putting your car in the meet would have to be the following. I know HIN was a let down last yr but will prob pick up again this yr.

Originally Posted by fuzzydoodle
I will run by there tomorrow and check it out, I have been there but not for a minute and dont remember exactly how it was laid out, I know the parking lot is huge.

The only things that I could think of being a problem, is I really wanna jam this BBQ thing, and I dont know how much space there will be for that. Traffic is going to be rough with all the ferry traffic going through (that will only be coming in and out so you wont have to deal with it except those times, but still), its usually colder by the water due to wind and stuff. And being in Washington sunny days are far and few inbetween, and if we get one its usually only half as*ed sunny.

The first sunday in August is kinda what we were thinking too, but either way we will figure it out. I will check that beach out tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03 Evo V///
I think Muk would be a better choice
But remember that first weekend in Aug is HIN either gonna be the 1st and 2nd or 8th and 9th so those who are thinkin about putting your car in the meet would have to be the following. I know HIN was a let down last yr but will prob pick up again this yr.
That wont matter because HIN is not coming to Seattle this year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Summer Meet - Mukilteo Beach - Sunday August 2nd - 10am