Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

New Pacific Northwest Region Forum Opened!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lucas English
DSM Tunners is that way and it sucks. Groups are to small so no talking really goes on. Tunners went form a very busy NW section to noting as soon as they did what you say you are going to do.

I think no smaller then Oregon and Washington.
I agree with Lucas here. Being part of DSMTuners as well...it sucks having the sub forums. I like how EvoM has it currently allowing Portland metro, Seattle metro and everyone in between to communicate. There is a lot of communication between members in the NW region mainly from Mid Oregon all the way to the Northern part of Washington...we all get a long. Please don't seperate us
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by J Dog
I agree with Lucas here. Being part of DSMTuners as well...it sucks having the sub forums. I like how EvoM has it currently allowing Portland metro, Seattle metro and everyone in between to communicate. There is a lot of communication between members in the NW region mainly from Mid Oregon all the way to the Northern part of Washington...we all get a long. Please don't seperate us

Whoa......... everyone. I believe you are all assuming more discrete areas than we are intending. Please step back a second and note that the Northwest Regional Forum includes Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota and Colorado. I don't believe that Mitsubishi owners in Denver Colorado are particularly interested in a Redmond Washington Sunday afternoon drive. The new forum may be called the Greater Seattle Area and include a description of Portland, Redmond, Yakima, Spokane etc etc. We'll fine tune the description as we continue to get feedback. Breaking out Seattle and surrounding areas from say Alaska should be a positive for both. Thanks.

Bob..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Feb 11, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL at Portland being part of the "Greater Seattle Area"...make it simple and keep it Pacific NW. Just redefine what Pacific NW is. Hint: The Dakotas are not it.

Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I can see making sub forums for those other states. Just keep WA and OR as one and we are good.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
Greater Seattle Area would certainly be restrictive and likely not used very much. I personally think the Pacific Northwest should just have their own section including WA and OR. Those are the only areas where people mostly communicate here anyway.
This^

It's bad enough that I don't even bother looking at the "sightings" thread since 99.9% people from the Seattle area are the only ones posting in it.
I joined this community to meet fellow evo owners, unfortunately the majority is Western Wash. If we start segregating it any more, I will most likely treat NW Region forum like the sightings thread :/
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They said they can reverse it, why not try it and see how it goes before being so negative?

Grats bellyd
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:40 PM

Thanks guys. And Ryan, I'm not going to be a 'moderator' so I won't be personally banning anyone... but don't think I won't be able to pass that request on to ....

This is the first region for trying this out and it's going to evolve continuously along the way, so feedback like this will help the process. It's true that our area is a little different. Our home area is more widespread than someone from Jersey or Miami, but we'll get this figured out.

As for the thieves in other areas like Chicago, that really sucks for you and the scene out there. We are lucky over here, we see that in the Honda scene, but not the Evo scene. It might be because we already have a sense of closeness in this area.

I've had bonfires at my place. We've had 'Work Party' bbq's down the road at another member's house. We know each other, help each other, and look out for each other. I think and hope that the end result of creating regional areas in other places will help create what we already have over here in the Northwest, an Evo family.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:22 AM

After looking over everyone's feedback, I think our Region is best off being the "Pacific Northwest". How does that sound to everyone?

Now for the boundaries. In general, I think of the Pacific Northwest as WA, OR, and ID. That's because I've only met people from those areas at events around here. I haven't met any Montana or CA peeps at local events. We do have Vancouver B.C. Evo's visit meets down here though.

WA: Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima.
OR: Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford (Do people from as far south as Medford consider themselves in the Pacific Northwest? And what's a good eastern most city?)
ID: Coeur d'Alene, Boise, Twin Falls.

Sounding better?

Last edited by BellyD; Feb 13, 2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

I think that sounds great, BellyD. Thanks for being open to feedback!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
The new forum is open!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pa...northwest-346/

Bob