Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

New Pacific Northwest Region Forum Opened!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
New Pacific Northwest Region Forum Opened!

Hi everyone!

Early next week you will see the first of a new group of regional forums, similar to our current regions but more tightly focused, possibly as small as a single city. Our goal with these regions is to get more people active with other members. Each region is going to be "led" by 1 or more Regional Reps - someone who plans, promotes, and participates in local/regional events, keeps the event calendar up to date, encourages people to come out and meet fellow enthusiasts. They will have the ability to stick and close threads but I want to emphasize it is not a moderator role.

Our first regional sub-forum will be the Greater Seattle Area and we are very happy to announce that BellyD has accepted the challenge to become our first Regional Representative! This will be a learning process for all of us and as we gain experinece we will be adding more localities. Evom is a great community and I'm confident providing members with a smaller regional 'e-home' will strenghten our community even more. Thanks and have fun!

Bob..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Feb 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like a good idea, but when you focus a regional forum down to one specific city, that could make a thief's job easy. In high-theft cities, like Chicago, I think people would be concerned about people using the info posted to steal cars. Then again, people should have discretion about they post. I'm just playing devil's advocate; but I think spotted threads should be kept to a minimum, or new stringent rules about how and what people post should be included with these new regional forums
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are the current structures going to modified? So from Northwest region we're going to get a Seattle, Portland?

Seems odd...
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:07 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by GTisRule
Are the current structures going to modified? So from Northwest region we're going to get a Seattle, Portland?

Seems odd...
Yes, a new sub-forum (Greater Seattle Area) will be created within the current Northeast Regional forum. What specific localities it will include (forum description) is still being discussed and will be based upon what fits best based upon Evom member activity. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Yes, a new sub-forum (Greater Seattle Area) will be created within the current Northeast Regional forum. What specific localities it will include (forum description) is still being discussed and will be based upon what fits best based upon Evom member activity. Thanks.

Bob..
I think most of us Northwest Region are pretty communicative, but the UT folks which were added last year are a little more scarse. (UT is over 1,000 mi from WA) Which might be why..

It almost seems like it would be more segrigation in our NW Region. Might make more sense for you East Coasters that have a lot of high density cities in a small area. West Coast (PNW anyhow) We have 2 major cities until you hit California. (Tacoma will always be in the shadow of Seattle, sorry T-Towners!)

Last edited by GTisRule; Feb 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

congrats Angie for being our new local Mod!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

don't forget about kitsap county side!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by GTisRule
I think most of us Northwest Region are pretty communicative, but the UT folks which were added last year are a little more scarse. (UT is over 1,000 mi from WA) Which might be why..

It almost seems like it would be more segrigation in our NW Region. Might make more sense for you East Coasters that have a lot of high density cities in a small area. West Coast (PNW anyhow) We have 2 major cities until you hit California. (Tacoma will always be in the shadow of Seattle, sorry T-Towners!)
Thank you for the comments. Segregation is certainly not the intent and let's see how this unfolds. There is nothing we will do that cannot be reversed. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Angie is a good choice!

Now she can officiall ban the trolls. Oh snaps..... well, not the nice ones
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
DSM Tunners is that way and it sucks. Groups are to small so no talking really goes on. Tunners went form a very busy NW section to noting as soon as they did what you say you are going to do.

I think no smaller then Oregon and Washington.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Why not just make BellyD a northwest mod?

personally, i won't be posting in that seattle-area. I'll be here but that's it
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lucas English
DSM Tunners is that way and it sucks. Groups are to small so no talking really goes on. Tunners went form a very busy NW section to noting as soon as they did what you say you are going to do.

I think no smaller then Oregon and Washington.
Agreed. I have
no problem goin to seattle but if thats gonna be the primary group i assume its gonna be things goin down in the city.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Exactly. Separation isn't a good thing. I mod one of the most popular mmo forums and there's a very specific reason why we don't have a lot of subforums; they would have nearly no activity and people wouldn't visit them nearly as often.

people think it's a good idea to have these really specific forums but it's not, it's a very good way to get people to stop posting.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

This makes absolutely zero sense.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Greater Seattle Area would certainly be restrictive and likely not used very much. I personally think the Pacific Northwest should just have their own section including WA and OR. Those are the only areas where people mostly communicate here anyway.

Quick Reply: New Pacific Northwest Region Forum Opened!