Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

Here's something a little different...

Mitsubishi has officially revealed the all-new 2014 Mirage hatchback on its global debut at the New York Auto Show during this week.

The new Mirage is powered by a 1.2-liter 3-cylinder DOHC engine that can be paired to either a five-speed manual gearbox or advanced CVT. Maximum output reaches up to 74 bhp and 74 lb-ft of torque, with the EPA-estimated fuel economy of 37/44/40 mpg (city/highway/combined).

The Japanese automaker said that this hatchback benefit from the latest version of MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control), which allows this small three-cylinder engine to offer better fuel efficiency and reduce exhaust emissions.

The regular DE model is equipped with some standard features, including 60/40 split folding rear seat, automatic climate control, electric power steering, 165/65R14 low rolling-resistance tires, rear spoiler, keyless entry with panic alarm, 4-speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 with USB/iPod and much more.

While the standard safety equipment includes dual-stage front air bag SRS, anti-lock brakes, active stability control, tire pressure monitoring system and hill start assist for CVT only.

Furthermore, the Mirage ES models will add some additional equipment over DE models such as 14-inch alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, upgraded seat fabric and much more.

The 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage is scheduled to go on sale in U.S. dealerships later this year. Official pricing details will be announced closer to the on-sale date.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2 steps back for 1 step forward...
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Remember how in Gran Turismo 2 occasionally you'd go to the Mitsubishi showroom thinking "Well I already got an Evo, but maybe I'll need something cool for those FF races too."

yeeep...

Now imagine a few years from now heading in there for that action packed 3 cylinder CVT race. Oh baby, can't wait to fold those seats in photo mode.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Mitsubishi really has to go back to the drawing board and produce something people will actually want to drive/be seen in..
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Mirage familiar: Google image it and see the photo: turbo 3 cyl, or stronger 4 cyl. With some aero bits and familiar parts.

They totally should!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
hmm.. didn't mean to drag this old thread back out, but I'm looking at one of these in person here at the dealer lot.

Tiny little things. Smaller than a MINI but a tad longer than a SMART FORTWO.

It's got four doors, so that's the one thing going for it I guess. Kind of reminds me of those GEO Metros.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mRVRsport

It's got four doors, so that's the one thing going for it I guess.
That and the fact that its one of very few A-segment cars that are rated to get better fuel economy than a Honda Civic. The Chevy Spark and Fiat 500 can't claim the same...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Name User
Remember how in Gran Turismo 2 occasionally you'd go to the Mitsubishi showroom thinking "Well I already got an Evo, but maybe I'll need something cool for those FF races too."

yeeep...

Now imagine a few years from now heading in there for that action packed 3 cylinder CVT race. Oh baby, can't wait to fold those seats in photo mode.
Ah ha ha ha. Nice.

I'd rock one, but yes - I am a fanatic. I can totally see one dropped on some cute little 15" Volks and some weird Blitz or Veilside body kit. You know one of those company is going to build one. They'll probably pour 100 g's into one and get it up to 140whp. Or stuff an X drivtrain into it. Either way it'll have some trickle down effect.

Maybe in a couple of years they'll make a GSR or MR or Ralliart model with a turbo and some suspension.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 09:28 AM

does anyone in the world make performance parts like a turbo or a supercharger for the 3 cylinder Mirage?