Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Success with EvoScanv2.9.0023 and DLPIO8-G Cable using Mitsubishi MUTIII

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Success with EvoScanv2.9.0023 and DLPIO8-G Cable using Mitsubishi MUTIII

This thread deals with getting the DLPIO8-G Cable working with EvoScan. You must have version 2.9.0023 for it work. I will share what worked for me logging my 2002 Airtrek.

Click Logging on the file menu and ensure DLPIO8 is selected as the USB device and Disable MultiThreading is checked.
Now select your desired DLP Inputs, e.g. DLP1Analog

Trying to use formulas on the DLPIO8 data items do not work but there is a work around.

Create a new data item and ensure that it is placed after the actual DLP data item. Next use a Request of 00. The normal x function will not be used as we do not want to pull any values from the ECU. Now we can implement a formula using the [DLP1Analog] as our new function.

Refer to the pic below...

Success with EvoScanv2.9.0023 and DLPIO8-G Cable using Mitsubishi MUTIII-evoscan_1.jpg

Also, I've made an Excel Workbook to assist working out formulas based on the linear nature of most map and wideband sensors.

Gauge Formula Calculator.rar

Success with EvoScanv2.9.0023 and DLPIO8-G Cable using Mitsubishi MUTIII-gauge-formula-calculator.jpg

There are two Sheets, Wideband Formula Calculator and Boost Formula Calculator. For Boost as an example, set your min / max voltages, min / max psis and the needed values will be populated on the sheet. Next you will need to use the formula in green (x-b)/m where x is [DLP1Analog], b is 1.676 and m is 0.08. This can be used to generate the formula in Evoscan to show psi in relation to voltage. Hence, ([DLP1Analog]-1.676)/0.08

Now you can select regular ECU inputs and add more DLP Inputs using this method.
Hope this helps...