Notices

2013 Outlander Sport (RVR) SE 4WD

Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Cool 2013 Outlander Sport (RVR) SE 4WD

Greetings fellow O.S.ers!

My wife and I are 1st-time Mitsu owners, and we're quite pleased with our decision to purchase the O.Sport SE AWD Premium w/ 27 odo

+ Very glad to have found this great forum (I must admit I've been lurking for the past two weeks...) Now it is time for me to step into the light.
I'm looking forward to learning AND contributing to this vehicle's platform & Knowledge Base.

Current MODs >
NONE - Bone Stock. (That will be Corrected presently.)

Planned MODs >
:: Relatively inexpensive - (in no particular order)
1. Cosworth (dry) High Flow air filter
2. LED bulb replacements (Map light & Hatch)
3. LED MOD (Adding additional lighting in second row area)
4. Fog Light (Halogen BLUE tint)
5. Hi Beam (Halogen BLUE tint)
6. Spare Tire & Tool Delete (Possible.. but conflicted about if I should)
7. 3M Di-noc carbon fiber vinyl MOD of exterior - Bumper (inlay), side rockers, 1/3 roof
8. 10000K HID Xenon bulbs
9. Window ventshades
10. side body door molding/protector
11. wheel locks
12. Door sill scuff plates
13. rear bumper door protectors
14. Mud flaps
15. Heavy duty floor mats
16. ...

:: Expensive - (in no particular order)
1. GReddy intake system (per Reference by TEXAS TRAVISTY - LINK
2. Aluminum crack pulley (by Road/Race Motorsports - LINK)
3. stiffer rear coilover shocks (I'm noticing the rear end tends to squat during acceleration) > Perhaps someone has other suggestion that can help resolve that?
4. Leather - Custom interior surface wrap&stitching
5. Curts Class III hitch
6. Light weight Battery
7. 1.5 Farad Capacitor bank (enhance electrical/audio power performance)
8. Side step Running boards
9. Muffler Delete
10. Turbo kit (by Road/Race Motorsports - LINK)
11. ...

> I will post pics soon!

Drive with Power!
David

Last edited by mRVRsport; Jan 17, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds good, i did the ASX door kick plates in brushed aluminum and they are sexy!
Glad to have you on here!

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
sounds good, i did the ASX door kick plates in brushed aluminum and they are sexy!
Glad to have you on here!

Thanks!

I was just looking at those brushed aluminum plates. Wished they have it plain than with those initials stamped on.

I know I won't be able to do half the mods you've already done, but I certainly do appreciate your time & efforts and for posting your experiences with them.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
For the floormats I HIGHLY recommend the WeatherTech Digital Fit Floorliners: http://www.weathertech.com/mitsubish...er-digitalfit/

I have the two front and the trunk liners (I rarely, if ever, have anyone in the second row) and the fit is absolutely perfect and the protection is amazing, and I think they look great as well. Plus, they're made in the USA!

For the hitch, I actually got my Curt's Class III from Amazon.com of all places. They had a cheaper base price than anywhere else AND it was Prime eligible for free shipping. I think it was $130 to my door?

Lastly, be careful about adding electronics. I just happened to look up how much a replacement alternator was for these and it's about $1,200.00!!! I'm guessing that has to do a lot with the regenerative braking and the "smart" alternating system that supposedly nets better MPG's.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
For the floormats I HIGHLY recommend the WeatherTech Digital Fit Floorliners: http://www.weathertech.com/mitsubish...er-digitalfit/

I have the two front and the trunk liners (I rarely, if ever, have anyone in the second row) and the fit is absolutely perfect and the protection is amazing, and I think they look great as well. Plus, they're made in the USA!

For the hitch, I actually got my Curt's Class III from Amazon.com of all places. They had a cheaper base price than anywhere else AND it was Prime eligible for free shipping. I think it was $130 to my door?

Lastly, be careful about adding electronics. I just happened to look up how much a replacement alternator was for these and it's about $1,200.00!!! I'm guessing that has to do a lot with the regenerative braking and the "smart" alternating system that supposedly nets better MPG's.
Thanks for the suggestion. For mats I think I'll just go cheap. Not expecting that much usage/wear-age...

Yeah, I just happen to see the price for those alternators! I'll definitely be careful. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, I have a 2012 outlander sport gray color with stick shift transmission. I do not know what to do with it, it feels boring, i would like to have a link where i can purchase a turbo, all these good stuffs that you added to your cars there are no links. I love the car but I need sources where to buy things.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:42 AM
EvoM Moderator

Road Race Motorsports is probably the biggest O-Sport specific vendor. Otherwise we're all just hodge-podging things together from Lancers, full size Outlanders, and w/e else fits...

(amazon.com is the best place for the K&N panel filter, $42 shipped)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:43 PM

guys I found the perfect body kit and just for $,1050.00 and it comes from Japan http://www.nengun.com/damd/styling-e...mitsubishi-rvr
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:44 PM
EvoM Moderator

I like the front splitter, and the sides are nice too, but I sure do not care for that rear valence or ginormous wing.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i saw that a while back he has a video on line as will talking about it in Japanese. the front does look good! can't find anyone in the states selling it though... i would like to know how much bigger the rear spoiler is than the stock one thats on mine...

Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mbaus87
guys I found the perfect body kit and just for $,1050.00 and it comes from Japan http://www.nengun.com/damd/styling-e...mitsubishi-rvr
Hey that kit looks damn good
Thanks for sharing!

However, it's a bit pricey, imo.
I'd pay the price IF it was painted to match our specific color codes.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:41 PM

No problem, the price i believe is alright for the whole kit $1,050.oo I think is reasonable. I would buy it unpainted. If any of you know if they speak english or not and according with the page unless I am misunderstanding the price includes shipping.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

when i checked it out awhile back the website was not in English n it was no set up to order. is that link to a US site in English with a shopping cart so you can purchase? any quote on shipping?

Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have fun paying for freight shipping from Japan. IF you must order body parts from Japan, the RVR Roadest is my favorite iteration of our cars yet and it's OEM:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/rvr/grade/roadest/
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:17 PM

the price is outrageous on the link u gave us. I rather pay US $ 2,098 for the other page I put and thats including shipping and already painted matte black.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Outlander Sport (RVR) SE 4WD