Notices

Confirmed Outlander Sport/RVR/ASX Lowering

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the guy confirmed that they do fit the U.S. version 2.0 liter Outlander sport.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

well fresh off the boat from Germany my H&R lowering springs have come in! I will post up picks as soon as I get a chance to install them on my O.S..
Attached Thumbnails Confirmed Outlander Sport/RVR/ASX Lowering-20141117_185952.jpg   Confirmed Outlander Sport/RVR/ASX Lowering-20141117_223744.jpg  

Last edited by TEXAS TRAVISTY; Nov 18, 2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
well fresh off the boat from Germany my H&R lowering springs have come in! I will post up picks as soon as I get a chance to install them on my O.S..
Early Christmas gifts to yourself.
Can't wait to see them installed.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

me either, now to find time... with the holidays and traveling it might be into the new year before I get a chance to wrench on her...
so much to do, next year she is going to be a whole new beast!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

^
Like I said before...
IF there is only a way to clone yourself several times over, then you can send your "selves" to do the things you don't want to do (ie: groceries, waiting in line at the airport (to get virtually probed), visiting the in-laws, etc etc.) and have plenty of time to BBQ, Beer, wrenching on your vehicle(s) and play with your kiddo(s), of course.

But until then.. Sadly, not enough time is right.
I have a massive list of To-Do's.

> Actually like a ton of To-Finish List, is more like it.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

well I am good at making clones lol just not of myself... and those little mini me's take up more time than they free it up.... but I love being a DAD so I can not complain in the slightest!
Once I get the nesting to-do's done around the house it is game on before the 3rd baby gets here...
I have been killing it at the house (adding a well needed upper second row for clothing in our closet, custom selves as well, finishing up the upstairs game room trim, put together a new kitchen table and chairs, and working on kitchen organization stuff) all in the last week, on my days off...seems like I go to work to get a well needed break.....

Happy wife, happy life... that equates to her willingness to my addiction, I.E. Cars!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

well I am good at making clones lol just not of myself... and those little mini me's take up more time than they free it up.... but I love being a DAD so I can not complain in the slightest!
Indeed, but they are demanding clones.
Well, at the rate your going... You won't be short handed in a few years

Once I get the nesting to-do's done around the house it is game on before the 3rd baby gets here...
I have been killing it at the house (adding a well needed upper second row for clothing in our closet, custom selves as well, finishing up the upstairs game room trim, put together a new kitchen table and chairs, and working on kitchen organization stuff) all in the last week, on my days off...seems like I go to work to get a well needed break.....

Happy wife, happy life... that equates to her willingness to my addiction, I.E. Cars!
Buddy, you're NOT alone!
I'd to rip up the carpeting in our den - repaint it and Breakfast room + Kitchen, then patch up all the pits&crevices in the foundation before laying down new wood flooring. Just to have a nice smooth Big "play pen" for our little one to scoot around in.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

So you do feel my pain! lol, I need to teach these girls how to wrench and we will be all good...
the proudest moment for me in my little girls eyes was just a few days ago when she came home from pre school, ran into the house to meet me and said, "Dad..... I want to be a race car driver when I grow up."
I got tears in my eyes even now. My wife said I put her up to it, but I did not....
#proudPAPA
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

So you do feel my pain! lol,

That's not even the half of it.
My wife got me re-doing her walk-in closet (she needs more custom shelving) and the baby room needs to be redone too (not good enough)...
"Oh, and move all your computer/electronics stuff into the garage", while you're at it.

I need to teach these girls how to wrench and we will be all good...
the proudest moment for me in my little girls eyes was just a few days ago when she came home from pre school, ran into the house to meet me and said, "Dad..... I want to be a race car driver when I grow up."
I got tears in my eyes even now. My wife said I put her up to it, but I did not....
#proudPAPA
Man! If you'd caught that on video... & posted it.
I bet you would have a million views just from other dads (with daughters) alone.

I hope I can inspire some vehicle skills in my daughter as well.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
I tested, I swapped the rear left strut from my Ralliart (it currently has tein lowering springs, lowest drop available) on my OS. It's a direct fit, and it did lower the OS. So with that confirmed I can safely say that rear aftermarket coilovers for the 08+ lancer will fit. I will swap out the front strut tomorrow. If the front fits then there are now all coilovers for 08+ lancer.

Last edited by Nast_Nas; Jan 31, 2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: New
Old Feb 1, 2016, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Nas! a thousand internets to you for doing the testing.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Nast!!!! Did the fronts fit? Been waiting for your response for 2 days. About to buy a set if you give the ok. Lol
Old Feb 2, 2016, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Lol nah I haven't swapped it yet. Haven't had the chance. I think Ima try my luck soon with a cheap used set though.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'm gonna get the kidos in the next month or so when I saw your post I was happy that there might be other options so that's why I was asking.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jc32ct
Well I'm gonna get the kidos in the next month or so when I saw your post I was happy that there might be other options so that's why I was asking.
In the same boat as your dude! haha
If they do, which setup are you looking at running specifically?

Quick Reply: Confirmed Outlander Sport/RVR/ASX Lowering