Notices

Outlander Sport Recalls

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received a safety recall notice from Mitsubishi .... covers 2013 - 2015 Outlander Sport vehicals
"front passenger lap portion of the seat belt to the seat may not be tightened to specification"
Says dealer will tighten bolt and repair should take 0.5 hours .

Just a heads up
Old Dec 7, 2014, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Beat me to it.
I was going to post this recall.

In fact, I was at the dealership yesterday getting some other stuffs done and they went ahead and got this "belt anchor" recall done.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Updated Details

Effective vehicles : 2013 - 2015 Outlander Sports

The fastener securing the front passenger lap portion of the seat belt to the seat may not be properly tightened to specification.
Have your authorized Mitsu Dealer perform the recall on your vehicle.

Be safe.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:57 AM
mgb
Evolving Member

Yeah I got the seat belt one too, I really don't want to go back to the place where I bought the car, it was an awful experience. I can just go to any Mitsu dealership I guess.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

^
CORRECT.

You are not obligated to go back to where you originally purchased the vehicle.
You are free to go to any authorized Mitsubishi dealer. So, definitely find a place you feel comfortable and can trust to do a proper recall/repair.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still have not heard back from my dealer about the belt and tensioner they are getting in stock, starting to get up set esp. if it is causing damage to the pulleys...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
I still have not heard back from my dealer about the belt and tensioner they are getting in stock, starting to get up set esp. if it is causing damage to the pulleys...
Gees, I hope you don't have one of those dealers that likes to slack off...
How long has it been?

Need to call them and get a progress report. Make sure they put the (original) order in at least.

There is a report/database - I can't recall what the name is - that they have which shows EVERY warranty item that they did/ordered under your vehicle's factory coverage... That would show if anything is done or in process.

I'll have to dig around and find it.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

oh a good month or two, made the appointment the told me to come in then 2 days before they called back and said they did not have the parts and would contact me when they came in...still waiting
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Gees, I hope you don't have one of those dealers that likes to slack off...
How long has it been?

Need to call them and get a progress report. Make sure they put the (original) order in at least.

There is a report/database - I can't recall what the name is - that they have which shows EVERY warranty item that they did/ordered under your vehicle's factory coverage...
That would show if anything is done or in process.

I'll have to dig around and find it.
oh a good month or two, made the appointment the told me to come in then 2 days before they called back and said they did not have the parts and would contact me when they came in...still waiting

If it's been that long then you should jump on their back and check to see what's going on.

- Forgot to post last night. >>>

Any how, the report is under their >
Vehicle Inquiry (Superscreen) ,the details is in their >
Dealer Installed Options / Claim History

In there you can see the Claim No., Part#(if any was ordered/used), etc etc along with the Claim Type, Repair Date, and $Amount.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

she has sent me an email staying in contact but on parts yet I figured I would wait till after the holidays to get it done
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:09 PM
mgb
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
If it's been that long then you should jump on their back and check to see what's going on.

- Forgot to post last night. >>>

Any how, the report is under their >
Vehicle Inquiry (Superscreen) ,the details is in their >
Dealer Installed Options / Claim History

In there you can see the Claim No., Part#(if any was ordered/used), etc etc along with the Claim Type, Repair Date, and $Amount.
Can you post a link to this info?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mgb
Can you post a link to this info?

No, I can't..
I have the actual hardcopy screen prints, which I "massaged" their cashier into making copies for me. (I won't name names, don't want to get anyone in trouble.)

Those reports are mainly for service advisors and/or techs, not for customers.
I'm only sharing - based on what I see on my printouts.
I doubt you'll find it online.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

took my car in about a week ago and had the belt changed out. They said there was no damage to the tensioner so they did not change that. It only took about an hour and was not a bad wait I was the only one in the waiting room and there was a nice 60" LCD there with the remove so I just put the count down to the UFC and chilled, They took my car back the second I got there. I told him about the airbag light being on and that the lady said they would fix it for free no problem, he just nodded not really paying attention. After they brought me car back and I drove off I noticed the airbag light was still on so I went back. The guys attitude changed when I came back he because an *** right away just seeing me, then I explained that they said they would clear the air bag light. he started huffing an puffing, it really caught me off guard. Then he blurted out that it would cost me $105.00 to fix it, as he grabbed my keys from me. I said wait I was told when I made the appointment that they would fix it for free, and she even made that a note on my case. He then looked at my car and said that I did not tell he that my car was tuned so they wont cover it. I told him my car was not tuned at all it just has bolt ons added to it. He said look at your gauges, I am sure it is tuned. I was starting to get pissed he was calling me a liar... I explained that the dash was taken out and the air bag plug was undone, then it came on. He said he would take it back but that it is usually a 105.00 charge, so... I just shook my head as he drove off. The tech. came back before I could even sit down on the couch in the waiting room , no joke like less than 1 minute. The guy brought me my keys and said well we normally charge $105.00 for that because it is not covered by warranty, but I we are good this time.... What an jerk...smh
Old Mar 23, 2015, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

took my car in about a week ago and had the belt changed out. They said there was no damage to the tensioner so they did not change that. It only took about an hour and was not a bad wait I was the only one in the waiting room and there was a nice 60" LCD there with the remove so I just put the count down to the UFC and chilled, They took my car back the second I got there. I told him about the airbag light being on and that the lady said they would fix it for free no problem, he just nodded not really paying attention. After they brought me car back and I drove off I noticed the airbag light was still on so I went back. The guys attitude changed when I came back he because an ASzS right away just seeing me, then I explained that they said they would clear the air bag light. he started huffing an puffing, it really caught me off guard. Then he blurted out that it would cost me $105.00 to fix it, as he grabbed my keys from me. I said wait I was told when I made the appointment that they would fix it for free, and she even made that a note on my case. He then looked at my car and said that I did not tell he that my car was tuned so they wont cover it. I told him my car was not tuned at all it just has bolt ons added to it. He said look at your gauges, I am sure it is tuned. I was starting to get pissed he was calling me a liar... I explained that the dash was taken out and the air bag plug was undone, then it came on. He said he would take it back but that it is usually a 105.00 charge, so... I just shook my head as he drove off. The tech. came back before I could even sit down on the couch in the waiting room , no joke like less than 1 minute. The guy brought me my keys and said well we normally charge $105.00 for that because it is not covered by warranty, but I we are good this time.... What an jerk...smh

Must have been a Friday**..

or,

You sure you took it to a dealership and not a lawyer's office where they MUST bill the client by the minute.
(hold on a sec.. sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. )

** he got to make that weekend beer money, some how.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

it was a Monday @ 2pm so right after lunch everyone should have been in a great mood lol, oh well it got fixed.
Was funny one of the big wigs came down to talk to the staff and when I went out he was looking at my car sticking his head in the window. I walked up on him, he asked if it was my car and what I had done to it. He was a nice guy so I popped the hood and showed him the stuff I had done, then he gave me his personal business card and asked me to give him a call because he wants to use my O.S. for promotion and on there website. So that was cool.

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Recalls