Notices

Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today

Didn't get the GT model that we were looking at, but the wife ended up choosing the 2.4 CVT model combo. The power and trans worked really well and not as noisy in the OS, so she was pretty happy with the features.
Gotta admit, I like the front end looks better on the OS, but the big O is a much nicer vehicle over all. Weight difference between the 2 is only around 200lbs. and there's no lag from the 2nd to 3rd in the CVT.
Being a 2.4, Im sure there's tuning and hard parts that are in order shortly.
No big O forum here, so maybe this one could handle some mods in this room.???
They also are giving me back the Curt hitch to put on the new one. (I think it's the same actually)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Well, that's a FAST transaction!
Did they keep their word on the trade-in? Are they keeping your payments the same?

Great to hear your wife's happy with the new O.
So, did the dealer give you the AWD SE at least?

Good of them to give back your hitch.
&
Glad to see you sticking with us, then to jump ship to another forum.

Last edited by mRVRsport; Jul 24, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Well, that's a FAST transaction!
Did they keep their word on the trade-in? Are they keeping your payments the same?

Great to hear your wife's happy with the new O.
So, did the dealer give you the AWD SE at least?

Good of them to give back your hitch.
Yes, we got the AWC, it's a little more on payments but stretched out now for 72mo.
only paying 294 per month now.
It has rear view camera, fogs, (nice alloys) 6" something touch screen radio system, dual climate, yada yada.
Still gonna get debadged and some plasti-dip on the grill and rear area tho. I kept the strut bar and Takeda intake, and I think it's all a switch over to this one, but the MAF sensor bolt locations might be different. I'll have to check it out.
I'll post some pics when I can. Still gettin' around on crutches from foot surgery yesterday.
Can I use this room for the big O tech posts?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Krakker
Yes, we got the AWC, it's a little more on payments but stretched out now for 72mo.
only paying 294 per month now.
It has rear view camera, fogs, (nice alloys) 6" something touch screen radio system, dual climate, yada yada.
Still gonna get debadged and some plasti-dip on the grill and rear area tho. I kept the strut bar and Takeda intake, and I think it's all a switch over to this one, but the MAF sensor bolt locations might be different. I'll have to check it out.
I'll post some pics when I can. Still gettin' around on crutches from foot surgery yesterday.
Can I use this room for the big O tech posts?
Dude! What happened? What's wrong with your foot? Stomped on someone the wrong way?

Hell yeah!
Post away. Keep up in the loop on all your Mods. Or, should we say your wife's O.Mods
Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man! I was on the fence when I saw the new 14 Outlanders in the showroom when deciding on the OS as well. Overall, I think the OS is fine for just a couple but if I had a small family like you then the Big O hands down! Let's see some pics already!

Last edited by infected; Jul 24, 2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 24, 2014, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Dude! What happened? What's wrong with your foot? Stomped on someone the wrong way?

Na. (not this time anyway) I had plantar facheitis surgery and now I'm in a boot, cruthes, and a rolling Knee scooter thing. It started to tear the other night and it's been a real PAIN.!! I started to mod the scooter already too with some inflatable offroad type tires. (rims are gold colored,,,,,, ugh.) but the ride will be smooth.

Originally Posted by infected
Congrats man! Let's see some pics already!
I'll get some tomorrow, I promise. Gonna check out the fit of the strut bar and see about the intake MAF sensor. I already ordered the vent visors for it. It's just my wife and daughter at home, but my son is getting deployed soon and we will most likely end up with his kids while he's gone. (18mo.) so the fold down/up 3rd row seats are a plus., It's very roomy on the inside my girl says and she's actually impressed with it enough to say that the 2.4 CVT version would be fine VS. the GT. Once again, my Mistu dealer was Awesome and even told me to go ahead and start modding. they'll push mine trade quick with the blacked out front and show people the diff. in the response with the pulley it's got. I think I may end up with one on this as well. Maybe some tuning. The 2.4 version with the CVT is WAY different than our previous experience. The OS would be much better with the 2.4 but it's all about the "EPA". lol

Thanks for letting me hang here. There's really no better forum for big O's and OS's on tech accept this one.
I actually wish I had some more time (and money) to play around with the OS,,,, I liked the styling and wanted to try and get this thing into the 200's on power.

Last edited by Krakker; Jul 24, 2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'll get some tomorrow, I promise. Gonna check out the fit of the strut bar and see about the intake MAF sensor. I already ordered the vent visors for it. It's just my wife and daughter at home, but my son is getting deployed soon and we will most likely end up with his kids while he's gone. (18mo.) so the fold down/up 3rd row seats are a plus., It's very roomy on the inside my girl says and she's actually impressed with it enough to say that the 2.4 CVT version would be fine VS. the GT. Once again, my Mistu dealer was Awesome and even told me to go ahead and start modding. they'll push mine trade quick with the blacked out front and show people the diff. in the response with the pulley it's got. I think I may end up with one on this as well. Maybe some tuning. The 2.4 version with the CVT is WAY different than our previous experience. The OS would be much better with the 2.4 but it's all about the "EPA". lol

Thanks for letting me hang here. There's really no better forum for big O's and OS's on tech accept this one.
I actually wish I had some more time (and money) to play around with the OS,,,, I liked the styling and wanted to try and get this thing into the 200's on power.
First of all, Thank you for your son's service!
I wish him a safe deployment and a speedy journey home.

Secondly,
Thank you for all the contributions you've already shared with this forum. Can't imagine you leaving us just because you got the "big bro" version of our vehicles.
Now with the 2.4L you should be able to kick it up pass 200HP much easier!

Perhaps you can do something to the funny looking grill while you're at it
Maybe adding a CF EvoX hood can improve the appearance a tiny bit.

Na. (not this time anyway) I had plantar facheitis surgery and now I'm in a boot, cruthes, and a rolling Knee scooter thing. It started to tear the other night and it's been a real PAIN.!! I started to mod the scooter already too with some inflatable offroad type tires. (rims are gold colored,,,,,, ugh.) but the ride will be smooth.
Had no clue what that was...
I had to look it up.

You sir, a serious Modder.
Don't forget to put some of these on your roll-about... >

Old Jul 25, 2014, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Here's what it looks like (stock pics from the web) ours has carbon fiber trim instead of wood grain. I really like the ride so far, and the wife likes the pick up speed "even with the 2.4" OMG.....
I checked the strut bar and intake today and "neither" of them will work. The mounting area on the FSTB is way off and the MAF mounting holes for the screws are different on the 14's. (I think the OS's are different now too) I may be able to cut into both and make some kind of hybrid out of the two of them, but that might be option 2 if I can just sell these and buy new ones for the current year.
The dealer did give us back the Curt hitch, but that might be different too. so it looks like I've got some parts to deal on and start finding stuff for this one.
Pulley and tuning are definently on the list.
Attached Thumbnails Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-big-o-front.jpg   Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-big-o-rear.jpg   Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-2014-mitsu-dash.jpg   Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-big-o-interior-rear.jpg   Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-2014-mitsu-3rd-row.jpg  

Old Jul 25, 2014, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a pic of what I'd like the front to look like and a color scheme of what I'll try and do with the front.
I'm for sure going to plasti dip the mustaches or find a mesh insert replacement for that section. I might also drill some holes in the plastic portion of the grill that's not actually functional. I understand they blocked off as much as they could for MPG ratings while maintaining the rad. temps, but It just seems as tho they could do better getting some air passing through the rad.
Tell me what you think of the red ones blacked out area. I think I like this look.

Wish they would have done this concept design for the 14s too. This and the OS have MUCH cooler looking front ends.
Attached Thumbnails Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-mitsubishi-outlander-facelift-2014_01.jpg   Traded my 13 OS for the Big O today-big-o-cool-front.jpg  
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

OMG! What in the world are those?!!

Don't tell me you have a pair of E.T.s seating back there..
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, those are a bit weird, but hopefully won't have to use them.
I wonder if regular head rests would fit???? They'd look much better.
Been debadging the rear, and the diamond triads are actually inset, so I'll have to be creative with what I do there.
The front looks like I can plastidip the front to make it EVO-ish.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

2015 Mitsu Outlander : EVO X Edition

Here's a pic of what I'd like the front to look like and a color scheme of what I'll try and do with the front.
I'm for sure going to plasti dip the mustaches or find a mesh insert replacement for that section. I might also drill some holes in the plastic portion of the grill that's not actually functional. I understand they blocked off as much as they could for MPG ratings while maintaining the rad. temps, but It just seems as tho they could do better getting some air passing through the rad.
Tell me what you think of the red ones blacked out area. I think I like this look.

Wish they would have done this concept design for the 14s too. This and the OS have MUCH cooler looking front ends.
I'm not a fan of that color red... I'm more of a burgundy guy really.

But, that other one has potential.
Here's my take on the matter, this is my personal photoshop render >>>
(Drop in EVO X Turbo Motor, Hood and front grill along with the lower lip & splitters = Awesome.)

Now THAT is an SUV!

Last edited by mRVRsport; Jul 25, 2014 at 08:21 PM.