Notices

new owner messed up

Old Nov 9, 2014, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new owner messed up

Hi everyone, I am the proud owner of a 2015 Outlander Sport. My wife wanted her subs put in already, and our phones (androids) won't play through the usb. So me being me I bought all the stuff to do it. Well everything is in and it works great, BUT when I took the radio out I unplugged the airbag connector under the radio with the car running. Opps!!! Now I have the dreaded AIRBAG SERVICE REQUIRED LIGHT. I am afraid the dealership is going to charge me to clear it. Any ideas? Thanks guys
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Well, hopefully you learned your lesson.
Never work on your vehicle's electrical system WHILE the car is running!

You can tell them the truth and see if their service can help, OR you can unplug everything and put it back to stock.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:40 PM

Yeah that wasn't smart of me that's for sure. I think the reason. It came on was because while it was unhooked I leaned on the front of the passenger seat then I heard the ding. I will have to call service tomorrow and see what they say. Lesson is learned that's for sure
Old Nov 9, 2014, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

It's a honest mistake and I'm sure since your vehicle is so brand new, they'll very likely reset it for you.

Just in case they get whinny...
You should just drive in without calling before hand.
>> Since I'm sure they want you to give them a 100% positive Customer Service Report... that's coming by phone very soon.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.
Post up some pics!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my battery died and I replaced it and the airbag light came on. I am going in on the 12th to have them clear the airbag light which better be for free, and replace the belt that they said is a factory recall.
I will let you know what they say and do.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 06:12 AM

Sounds good Texas thanks. I was going to send the wife in and shed a few tears and see what they do for her lol. I hope they do it for free, if not free I hope they don't charge me an arm and leg
Old Nov 10, 2014, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dogginred90
Sounds good Texas thanks. I was going to send the wife in and shed a few tears and see what they do for her lol. I hope they do it for free, if not free I hope they don't charge me an arm and leg
please.... you'll loose all self respect if you did that.

You just roll on up in there and pull a Jesse Pinkman > "There's a problem with my brand new car, what is the hell wrong with this b!tch."
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:49 AM

I called and they said bring it in and they will see what they can do. The wife will have to take it in cause she drives it and goes to work before I get home. Hope it ain't to much to clear it. The wife shedding tears was a joke. She don't cry she is mean lol
Old Nov 10, 2014, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

the dealership just called and told me that the belts did not come in and they have to reschedule AGAIN ugh... she said they can still fix the airbag light but I told her I would wait it is too far to drive with Houston traffic at 8am
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dogginred90
I called and they said bring it in and they will see what they can do. The wife will have to take it in cause she drives it and goes to work before I get home. Hope it ain't to much to clear it. The wife shedding tears was a joke. She don't cry she is mean lol
Is that so?
Oh man, then I'm sure you got an earful when your tripped that SRS warning light.

Do tell..

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
the dealership just called and told me that the belts did not come in and they have to reschedule AGAIN ugh... she said they can still fix the airbag light but I told her I would wait it is too far to drive with Houston traffic at 8am
Got to love that H-town traffic!
We're expecting mid-20s degree weather come Thursday... Can't wait to drive in that.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 03:06 PM

Oh my man, you have no idea lol. I sat in the outlander for about a half hour before I went in to tell her. She yelled and kept saying it's brand new and you messed it up. I said it's an easy fix and we will get it fixed. I slept on the couch that night. She took it over and they can't do anything till black friday. I guess it would be free if it's a simple reset. I don't know what all she told them, but they did ask if I cut wires and she said no. Which I didn't I just cut the sheathing and wrapped the new wire around it. We will see
Old Nov 11, 2014, 02:04 PM

all you have to do is clear the code theres nothing wrong unless you left the air bag light unpluged fron the center. the easy fix take it to advance auto or local car shop that does the free code scan and ask them to just clear the code if it comes back theres something not pluged in.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Got to love that H-town traffic!
We're expecting mid-20s degree weather come Thursday... Can't wait to drive in that. [/QUOTE]

Texas drivers get stupid when it gets cold...or raining/flooding lol... a few years back when it snowed I saw like 5 people in ditches coming home from work on Friday and hear it got worse after people left the bars that night...smh
Old Nov 28, 2014, 03:42 PM

Well the update is in. They cleared the code for free and even washed the OS. things done so far since I bought it a month ago. Subs installed, hid headlights, aux cable wired in, led interior bulbs, led reverse lights, and license plate bulbs. Tinted the side turn signal lenses. Just making it my own. My OS is Mercury Gray and I am thinking the rear lights would look great tinted abit. What you guys think?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:48 PM

Attached Thumbnails new owner messed up-20141026_154025_zpsrtfa2qqx.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new owner messed up